Uk seller designercosmetics2007

halocaustic

Her products are fake. i just bought a Rose pigment from her and it's definitely fake. It's VERY close though..the fakers are obviously getting a lot better with the packaging. It's the actual product itself that gives it away now...the colour payoff just isn't anywhere near as good as the real thing.

These new fakes are very close to the genuine article....silver batch sticker on the bottom, label on the box in the right place etc.

However, the carboard the box is printed on is different to a genuine box in texture and in the brightness of the white lettering. Also the label on the top of the box is slightly more shiny than the genuine labels and the font is very very slightly off. It's getting more and more difficult to tell now - because from her pictures they LOOK real, but when I got the product I knew it was fake.

A lot of people will be duped by this I am sure....especially people who don't know MAC that well.

I contacted her and she was very good about it and I will be getting a refund
smiles.gif

Showgirl

Thanks for this. I bought 2 pigs from her (cornflower and rose) about a fortnight ago, and have been holding out getting in touch with her till I can get myself a look at the genuine pigs a bit more closely at the Glasgow MAC counter (currently they're out of stock of both pigments, so I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt for now). The minute I saw them, I thought "fake", but they are damned good, better than other stuff I've seen. Fakes don't get past me very often.

At least now my suspicions are confirmed. The rose pigment in particular is what tipped me off, the consistency is just subtly wrong. I'll speak to her today.

Shame, she was pleasant, reasonable and shipped fast.

panda0410

Oooh, I wondered about this seller - they looked a tad off when I saw the listings, and I shied away - I am glad my suspicions were confirmed and didnt buy!!

Xqueeze_me

Any chance of taking some pics for us to look at? They're probably updated fakes like the ones I saw and posted.. and took down. Might put it back up again. By the way, does the inner cover lid have the raised letterings just like the authentic ones??

It'd be helpful if you could take the pics of the:
  • Top of the box(es)
  • Front face of box(es)
  • Back of box(es)
  • Bottom of box(es)
  • Label(s) on bottom of the jar(s)
  • Front face of jar(s) - So we can also see the thickness of the jar(s)
  • Inner plastic cover lid
Thank you!

ps: Does the Rose and Cornflower pigments look like this? These 2 pics are from an Aussie seller who called me a deadset idiot because I told her that her MAC Pigments are counterfeits. Then the seller, its_a_hair_affair, changed her eBay user ID today. Dodgy? YES!
hairaffairrose.jpg

hairaffaircornflower.jpg

Pictures sourced from www.eBay.com.au

Showgirl

Well, I've now emailed the seller, and I've popped into MAC at lunchtime again and had a look at the REAL pigments, the ones I've got are definitely fakes, they just swatch differently. Halocaustic's right, the packaging in particular was soooooo damned close though, these fakes are pretty good.....

Could anyone tell me what proper procedure should be when you confirm that a seller's doing fakes? Should I notify ebay? I understand they're not obligated to actually DO anything, anyway.....Obviously from a personal point of view, I just want my money back.... unfortunately it looks like I already left feedback for the transaction (just "thanks" or something, I was about to go on holiday at the point I received them, and the container was so similar to the genuine ones I checked it against that I wasn't 100% positive they were fakes until today).

Hopefully she will be as reasonable as Halocaustic found her, I was just wondering about proper "etiquette" in such situations.

panda0410

Did you pay through paypal? The best thing would be to file a dispute with paypal stating why you belive the item is fake inclduing your comparisons to real mac pigments, or if you paid via bank deposit you can still file a claim for receiving counterfet goods - go to the help section and there is a link to filing complaints about received items and it will give you options about which complaint regarding your received item you wish to make - ie counterfeit, never received, etc
smiles.gif
Never mind about the feedback, you can always leave another comment by responding to the feedback you have already left!

miss.vampira

I bought 3 pigments from her and now I'm really worried. I already left feedback and thought they were okay (I don't have duplicates of the colours to compare them to). The boxes are very slightly different in colour to the ones I have bought from MAC. I'm not sure what I should do now. If this seller's pigments are fake, so are some of meeshell820's. My sister bought cornflower from her and it is identical to the one I got from designercosmetics2007, even down to the "A76" batch number.
ssad.gif

Edited with some photos I took of the pigments in question. The "cornflower" pigment from designercosmetics2007 is on the left - meeshell820's on the right for comparison:

What do you guys think? I don't even know if I can get my money back.

halocaustic

Yes, the Rose looks exactly like that....must have been from the same counterfeiter. No need for me to take pics....it is def from the same 'faker'. Those pics are clear enough though - the ones designercosmetics2007 were *just* far away enough to look genuine., but when I got them through the post it was obvious they were fake. I migjt ask the designercosmetics2007 where she got them as i think she was genuinely duped. If we knew where they came from, we can make sure we don't buy from anyone distributing them.

I'm surprised that meshell820 was duped by them too....most of her stuff is 100% genuine! I wonder if she knows?

It seems that its certain colours involved with these new fakes:
Dark Soul
Melon
Aire De Blu
Rose
Vanilla
Conflower
Fairylite
Pink Opal

As far as I know...its only those colours so far.

KTB

Oh no!!!! I hope that meeshell820 doesn't have fake shadows too. I just bought 3 from her and I'll
weeping.gif
if they're fake.

I've purchased from her before and they've been genuine.
ssad.gif

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss.vampira
I bought 3 pigments from her and now I'm really worried. I already left feedback and thought they were okay (I don't have duplicates of the colours to compare them to). The boxes are very slightly different in colour to the ones I have bought from MAC. I'm not sure what I should do now. If this seller's pigments are fake, so are some of meeshell820's. My sister bought cornflower from her and it is identical to the one I got from designercosmetics2007, even down to the "A76" batch number.
ssad.gif

Edited with some photos I took of the pigments in question. The "cornflower" pigment from designercosmetics2007 is on the left - meeshell820's on the right for comparison:

[took out the pics to shorten length of this post]

What do you guys think? I don't even know if I can get my money back.

THANK YOU so much for the post with pictures, miss.vampira. File a dispute on eBay and Paypal. Tell them that you just found out that they're fakes and you demand a FULL refund INCLUDING postage! For your (and our) sake, DO NOT send anything back to the seller before eBay and Paypal gets to review your case! If the seller is willing to fully refund you but wants you to send the rubbish back to them with postage at YOUR expense, tell them to 'dream on'.

It sure is more and more difficult to detect fakes. The boxes doesn't give away that much anymore. I'd say the labels are the ones that kind of gives it away though. That aussie seller in my previous post had pics of her rubbish and the labels on the bottom of the jars just told me to 'walk away'. The Cornflower labels on top of the boxes sure look dodgy especially the fonts and how it's printed on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by halocaustic
It seems that its certain colours involved with these new fakes:
Dark Soul
Melon
Aire De Blu
Rose
Vanilla
Conflower
Fairylite
Pink Opal

THOSE are exactly the rubbish that the aussie eBay seller from my previous post (now named d.i.v.a-la-g.l.a.m from its_a_hair_affair) are selling. From her own words:

I've tried to keep this as simple as possible i know some sellers have very big comprehensive tutorials on what to spot but it gets confusing so theres some main things to watch in laymans terms.

I know my camera isnt the best lol but ive tried to show all these things when taking pics.

I will keep buying MAC as well as my hair extensions i sell not because i make alot off it(i really dont, i have even lost money on some auctions) but because i believe its a great product, i use it myself and hardly any aussies stock it which is a shame. Also due to alot of questions ive had, i can only get the colours that are currently in stock not the limited editions or anything. sorry about that.

SERIOUSLY, right? Who would bloody buy MAC piggies at RRP and sell them at AU$0.99 in a one day listing?? I'd say "Utter bullsh*t" to that last paragraph. She also told me that she bought them from the Pro Store, which I do NOT believe! Once again, SERIOUSLY, WHY would she have to change her eBay ID if she knows 100% that she's NOT selling counterfeits?? DAMN CRIMINALS!!!
rant.gif

panda0410

no worries sweetie, nice to see you here
winks.gif

Just like to add to this thread that I have bought pigments of meeshell820 and never been sold a fake - which is why I keep going back...lol... so I would have some doubts before second guessing the authenticity of her products - she is one of only about 5 people I will even buy pigments from off ebay globally and is a totally trusted seller on my part!

ooothaoweeooo

i'm very cerious now as the ones that i got from my mac store is the same as one in the picture. do you guys think that the sellers are buying the fakes and bring them back to the store and getting the real ones? mac artist dont really check what you're returning. im afraid to buy mac at the store now too...

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooothaoweeooo
that's not true. i've seen some mac put the items back for sale and i did have that happened to me.

returned items are supposed to be thrown away - there are plenty of threads here discussing what happens to returned items regardless of whether or not they have been used or even left the store. If your MA put returned items back on the shelf then you should have made a complaint to the manager.

red

Miss.Vampira,

I scrutinized most of all the Pink Opal. Notice on the top of the box the sticker has the name on 2 lines and on the bottom of the piggy is all on one line?
The lettering on the word CORNFLOWER is too spaced out
ssad.gif

and that they are all from the same lot A76 is a tad suspicious

miss.vampira

I asked designercosmetics2007 for a refund, but she wants me to return the jars first. I think I'll go ahead and contact paypal about this now. I don't trust that they are authentic as she claims.

I don't want to cause hassle for any genuine sellers, but I thought I really should mention that the cornflower purchased from meeshell820 was exactly the same.

Xqueeze_me

I bought this Cornflower MAC Pigment off pakman here and he's a guaranteed authentic MAC Pigment seller. Unfortunately, it doesn't come with a box because it was sold as 1/4 remaining Cornflower in the jar.

CornflowerA55.jpg

This is a pic of my A76 MAC Pigments (Fairylite, Naked and Pink Opal) and A56 MAC Pigment (Rose). Fairylite and Rose purchased from 2 trusted sellers on eBay. Naked and Pink Opal purchased from the MAC Store.

Note: All the A76 (and A56) batch codes on the labels of my MAC Pigments are stamped on.

FairyliteNakedPinkOpalRosebatchcode.jpg

ps: I've just checked my lot of MAC Pigments: The printed batch codes are all UNDER the name of the labels under the jars. As for the stamped batch codes, majority are stamped on top of the names but some are stamped under the names on the bottom of the jars.

pps: Apologies for the ugly and inconsistent watermark on the pictures!
greengrin.gif

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Barbie
i was looking at her products, they're really good prices. DO you think her eyeshadows are real or fake?

halocaustic and showgirl have already compared their pigments to real MAC pigments and confirmed they are fakes, if she is peddling fake pigment, what would make you think she isnt peddling fake e/s as well... and knowing this now are you still prepared to take the risk of buying from a seller of known fakes