UPDATED FAKES pic analysis courtesy halocaustic

panda0410

Re: Updated fake MAC Pigments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
Sorry, triple post!

Thanks to julie for providing this information, the updated fakes are (and may not be limited to):
  • Deep Blue Green
  • Deep Purple
  • Green Brown
  • Blue Brown
  • Blue
  • Basic Red
  • Jardinaires
  • Provence
  • Emerald Green
  • Chartreuse
  • Rocking Orange
  • Copperclast
  • Copper Sparkle
  • Accent Red

add electric coral & tan to that list.....
winks.gif
and white too!

Moonspell

This is a very sad reality
ohboy.gif

The fake version is really ridiculous, starting by the name of the pigment as a deep blue green looking so light comparing with the genuine.

Diorissima

Oh no... I've bought Deep Blue Green and Tan from an American Ebay seller:
kosmetiques_boutiques some days before I could read these posts..
ssad.gif

I haven't received them yet, but I'm really worried about it!

His/her shop's called Beautie Palace
Negozio eBay - Beautie Palace: Palettes, Brushes, Eyeshadows

..and now I'm doubtful of 4 piggie bought from BeverlyBelle months ago..
shockt.gif

they're darksoul, melon, rose and aire-de-blue .. did you heard something about fakes of this piggies?
amazed.gif

wolfsong

Dark Soul, Melon, Rose and Aire-de-Blue are shades from the first good 'batch lot fakes', so i would worry too.
Is it possible to post some clear upclose photos of them (especially photos of the bases of the jars, the clear disc inside the jar, the actual pigment inside the jar, and swatches on your arm/hand)?
This will be very handy to determine whether those 'formerly recommended' sellers have been selling fakes for a while without us realising, and thus will be very helpful to the board!

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorissima
Oh no... I've bought Deep Blue Green and Tan from an American Ebay seller:
kosmetiques_boutiques some days before I could read these posts..
ssad.gif

I haven't received them yet, but I'm really worried about it!

His/her shop's called Beautie Palace
Negozio eBay - Beautie Palace: Palettes, Brushes, Eyeshadows

..and now I'm doubtful of 4 piggie bought from BeverlyBelle months ago..
shockt.gif

they're darksoul, melon, rose and aire-de-blue .. did you heard something about fakes of this piggies?
amazed.gif

I am sorry to inform you that beverleybelle was and still is selling fake pigments in those same colours, these are earlier fakes but well know of here.... post some pics and we can help!

Diorissima

I'm recharging my camera's battery.. for now these are some pics I took with my phone.. the jars are really the same of genuine mac jars (I have some full I bought from pro store of Rome and Florence), but I'm worried about the boxes that seems be more darker than the originals and have a little "space" that I've never seen in the others.. but if they're fakes.. well... they're VERY GOOD fakes..
angry.gif

2341124736_0f589a602d_o.jpg

2340291837_4349883da9_o.jpg

2340291491_a3e0f3cf0b_o.jpg

2341125072_5839a96f7d_o.jpg

2341125344_480dcb9164_o.jpg

I'll take more photos with my camera to the boxes and the piggies..they will be better!
wondering.gif

wolfsong

The thing that rings warning bells for me is the fact that the imprinting on the base of the jar is very obvious (which is a known fake trait). With authentic jars, you would be pressed to see the imprinting at all in photos.

The pigment looks very smooth, with no balling - but i dont have Melon myself so i dont know if its meant to be this way.
Also there isnt a small gap between the lid and the jar when closed (due to the insert), but your Pink Bronze doesnt look like it has one either so i dont know if this can be counted on as a fake trait too (and by this im not suggesting your Pink Bronze is anything but authentic
smiles.gif
just that no gap used to be a trait of counterfeit pigments).

Xqueeze_me

Melon is fake, Diorissima.

That Melon pigment came out with the batch of previous fakes: Dark Soul, Melon, Fairylite, Pink Opal, Aire De Blu, Rose, Vanilla and Cornflower.

Diorissima

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong
The thing that rings warning bells for me is the fact that the imprinting on the base of the jar is very obvious (which is a known fake trait). With authentic jars, you would be pressed to see the imprinting at all in photos.

The pigment looks very smooth, with no balling - but i dont have Melon myself so i dont know if its meant to be this way.
Also there isnt a small gap between the lid and the jar when closed (due to the insert), but your Pink Bronze doesnt look like it has one either so i dont know if this can be counted on as a fake trait too (and by this im not suggesting your Pink Bronze is anything but authentic
smiles.gif
just that no gap used to be a trait of counterfeit pigments).

Thank you for your interested
thmbup.gif

I'll post the photos of the paper boxes.. they look different in only 2 very little details.. One is the color, it seems a darker black but I don't know if it would be visible by the photos.. the other one is this sort of gap when the boxes are closed..

panda0410

Quote:
Melon is fake, Diorissima.

That Melon pigment came out with the batch of previous fakes: Dark Soul, Melon, Fairylite, Pink Opal, Aire De Blu, Rose, Vanilla and Cornflower.

my words exactly - melon is fake! it came out with fake batches that were mass sold by designercosmetics2007 and d-i-v-a-l-a-g-l-a-m amongst others........
what disappoints me the most is that this seller KNOWS these are fake, she not only bought many of them from one of the above sellers but is STILL selling them......

Diorissima

These are the other details I notice from my 4 FAKES!!!!!!
angry.gif

Please note the gap that in originals 100% there isn't and the color of the round label of fakes is more darker than the original, this particular I notice to the sun light..the fakes boxes are a darker black instead of the original matte black colour. Also the font of the written is lightly different.. I can see only with an accurate attention with my originals..

2343242518_15e4dd9325_o.jpg

2342332005_6488888192_o.jpg

I see she is still selling this items
thmbdn.gif
and I wrote a long email to her for a refound.. We'll see what she will answer to me..

Diorissima

Other details: the number code on the right side of the box
Please note that I've notice these details in ALL my 4 fakes..

2342412199_14802aa8f2_o.jpg

But they're trying to duplicate also this detail:

2342458425_23ce48cb7d_o.jpg

Xqueeze_me

Diorissima, it looks like you bought the previous batch of fakes: Dark Soul, Melon, Rose, Aire De Blu, Vanilla, Pink Opal, Fairylite and Cornflower.

Diorissima

Quote:
Diorissima, it looks like you bought the previous batch of fakes: Dark Soul, Melon, Rose, Aire De Blu, Vanilla, Pink Opal, Fairylite and Cornflower.

Yes I bought Dark Soul and Rose in 7nd December '07
then Aire-de-Blue and Melon on 1st March '08

I notice all these things only when in one Italian Make-up site in which I'm member I heard about Deep Blue Green's fakes from recommended seller ..
And then I heard about BeverlyBelle, so I took all my original mac store pigments and all my "ebay" pigments and observe them carefully..
And this is the sad truth
cry.gif

They really looks like originals..
I've also bought some other pigments before of this discovery.. I'm still waiting for 2 of them to arrive.. they're the famous Deep Blue Green and Tan.. so I suspect they will be fakes.. again..
ssad.gif

Other 2 have been arrived to an American friend of mine who is also a Specktra member, they come from a very respectable and recommended american seller.. I ask to this seller to send these piggie to this friend of mine because here in Italy we have some problems of cosmetics shipping through Usa ..
These pigments are TEAL and CORNFLOWER and they come from wc-racer

She is a power seller and also wrote a guide to identify mac fakes!

I think many of you knows her very well..

Today my friends says to me she thinks they're fakes because of the unusual texture that flyes away (she put a base under the piggie) and the cornflower seems to haven't the duo-chrome colour that made it identifiable.
I see the photo of the teal box and has the details of fakes box..
The most worrying thing is that the cornflower's box is perfect as the original ones..
shockt.gif

this is a very BIG problem ..
ohboy.gif

However I can't be sure of this until I'll get these piggie.. of course I believe my friend but I can't do photos and comparisons

These are some photos that my friend pics to me.. As you can see Teal has got a fake box.. not for cornflower.. but it seems fake by the swatches she made..

100_6755.jpg

100_6748.jpg

rockin

wc-racer wrote a guide to the old type of fakes. She hasn't updated that, despite one of the Specktra members writing to her about it.

Diorissima

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin
wc-racer wrote a guide to the old type of fakes. She hasn't updated that, despite one of the Specktra members writing to her about it.

Yes I know that, it was just to say that she was (and she is) one of the most recommended Mac seller.. I wrote of this discovery to her ..hope she will refund me.. and she will check her piggie list
ssad.gif

look_divine

Quote:
Hot damn! wc-racer is selling fakes to??!??!

What has the world gone to?!?!

OMG i just bought a mineralize eye shadow off her
ssad.gif

FFS!!!!

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by look_divine
OMG i just bought a mineralize eye shadow off her
ssad.gif

FFS!!!!

I'm not too sure but the mineralized eyeshadows have not been faked yet but there was a couple of dodgy ones I saw a few months ago. Hopefully yours is authentic!!