What´s the scariest Horror Movie you´ve ever seen???

gardenteaparty

mine def. has to do something with zombies! as much as I hate to watch zombie movies I just can't stop it. I haven't been scared as much as when I saw the first few minutes of 28 weeks later. I kept looking the other way through the scene where the zombie horde attacks the country house. All that noise was making me feel claustrophobic. Silly, but I found that way too disturbing. The darkness in the cinema didn't help me relax throughout the movie
thmbdn.gif

gardenteaparty

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteJeannine

Hostel was the other scariest one, simply because I could see something like that being totally plausible. People are fucking sick. I am sure as anything that stuff just like that goes on. Could you imagine waking up in a dark room full of torture instruments, with some sicko eyeing you up and down thinking of how they were going to toture you to death???!!!! No. Most of us would NEVER want to invision such a thing...But this movie made me think of that. How terrible. It literally made me sick..Not precisely with fear..but with that feeling that you just KNOW things like this happen. Really. They do.

I didn't watch hostel, but there's a similar scene, i guess, in Gothika, which looks so plausible its disturbing

Kalico

Ohh there was also this Tourist movie... I think that's what it was called. Very scary, made me not wanna do back-packing... lol

Willa

Demon's movies scares me but I love it hahaha

Demons and Demons2
By an Italian producer I think, from the 80's

28 days later, the part with the preacher climbing up the stairs... IEWW!!!!!

And I loved I am Legend
Just for the part where he loses his dog in the dark and has to go in to get her back... SCARY!!!

nunu

The movie 'It' gave me the creeps when i was around 6 years old...i hated clowns after watching it..

stacylynne

I never saw a movie that scared me to death yet. I'm still waiting for a really scary movie.

I would say the movies: texas chainsaw; the begining & devil rejects. These movies I think are the goriest.

Shaquille

the Stranger was so scary and frightening.. it's something that I feel could actually happen in real life. Unfortunately, the movie is so pointless
ssad.gif

euphrosyne_rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBOOLINA
Ohhhh Ed Gein... I have read about him, I didn´t know there was a movie about him...as far as I know, Texas chainsaw massacre is based on that story, what´s the name of the movie you watched?

It was called In the Light of the Moon and it came on after his biography on A&E or one of those channels. I don't think any of the actors were "famous" because I really didn't recognize any of them, but the guy who played Ed Gein was freakin' CREEPY AS HELL!!! The biography did say that Norman Bates, Leatherface and a few others were based of off him. EWWWWW!

SingFrAbsoltion

Not really a horror movie but still creeped me out so much - Children of Men. It was way too realistic and I could so see something like that happening. I couldn't get it out of my head for days.

spectrolite

Hmm I'd have to say The Descent. I wasn't screaming out loud or anything but the way that movie put me on edge was crazy. The start of 28 Weeks later was also kind of scary! It was non-stop, loud and graphic. When I was a kid I remember Hell House, Poltergeist + Night of the Living Dead scared me pretty badly
smiles.gif
Honestly most of the recent horror movies I've seen had made me laugh...

BAMBOOLINA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaquille
the Stranger was so scary and frightening.. it's something that I feel could actually happen in real life. Unfortunately, the movie is so pointless
ssad.gif

I wanna see the strangers so bad! i´t hasn´t been release in my country yet, damn....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalico
Ohh there was also this Tourist movie... I think that's what it was called. Very scary, made me not wanna do back-packing... lol

oh yeah tourist, that was supossed (sp?) to be in Brazil, I didn´t finished it , don´t remember why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrolite
Hmm I'd have to say The Descent. I wasn't screaming out loud or anything but the way that movie put me on edge was crazy. The start of 28 Weeks later was also kind of scary! It was non-stop, loud and graphic. When I was a kid I remember Hell House, Poltergeist + Night of the Living Dead scared me pretty badly
smiles.gif

Poltergeist... damn . i was so scared when I was little, to the point that I wouldn´t watch t.v or get close to any t.v, so I guess this movie works if your kids are like stick to the t.v all day long, lol. (like me..)

k.a.t

OO Silent Hill kind of creeped me out...when the alarm went goes off i have to look away
ssad.gif

Dawn of the Dead scared me...because i hate zombies...i live in fear that maybe someday it will come true
shockt.gif

couturesista

Ben is the scariest movie I've seen. It was so creepy. A remake of the movie was done not to long ago, they renamed it Willard, I didn't like it to much. Although Ben freaked me out, I prefer it over Willard.

Willa

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrolite
smiles.gif

Ho yeah!
I totally forgot about the Descent!
That movie scared the hell out of me!!!

liv

The Exorcist. It doesn't help that I watched it when I was nine and was only with my two older sisters. I used to have nightmares that the little girl would talk to me in that creepy as shit voice through the air vents in my room. I still have a little panic attack if I see a portion on TV or see something online with her possessed face.

The Shining. Holy creepy Jack Nicholson. And the lady in the bathtub. Those who have seen it know what I am talking about. I was scared to go into the bathroom if the curtain was closed for ages. And I had nightmares she would chase me around my house. Also saw this when I was in elementary.

House of 1000 Corpses wasn't 'scary' but extremely disturbing and I would never watch it again.

Movies like The Ring I never found scary. Except that one part they show her face up close, just because I really don't like when they make people look like that (see "Exorcist" lol).

chameleonmary

I hated clowns after Stephen King's It.

The Exorcist messed me up pretty badly especially after that scene in the uncut version where she runs down the stairs like a spider...

Speaking of spiders, Arachnophobia is one of the cruellest movies ever made. It played on arachnophobes fears so perfectly. I still freak out when I am in the shower or on the toilet thanks to that movie!