What is your name? Small Survey

aquarius11

Name-Renee
Age-29
Location-Phoenix, Arizona USA
Profession-Medical Assistant (but on hiatus and I'm currently perfecting my skills as a Domestic Engineer...haha...and lovin' it!!)
Ethnicity-German, Italian, a little French and a little Polish

I've been married since March of 2001 but have been together with him since 1996. No kids. We have 2 adopted cats and a dog.

Place I'd love to visit-Cyprus (I just feel drawn to this place)
What I love to do besides being a MAC addict-read books and magazines, go hiking, shopping, spoiling my 3 pets, spending time with my hubby and my parents, go to movies, go to ASU and walk around campus, go out to dinner, writing poetry, ceramics, playing Zoo Tycoon on my computer (I love that game!), spending time with my fellow Specktrettes!!

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandGirl77
Back in 1977...there was some show called the "Feather and Father Gang." My Grandmother liked the show and thought I would like the lady on the show...so she gave me the name. It was some show about a Father and Daughter detective team. Something like that. But, yep that's where it came from. People always ask me..."Is that your real name?" My boyfriends Grandma...she gets my name all confused and calls me leaf. LOL

LEAF!!! LMAO!!!
SuN39.gif

IslandGirl77

Girl I ain't lieing. My boyfriend said she even called me Leather. LOL Then...my kids names. For some reason people can't those right either. My boyfriends Dad calls my son Amario...my son's name is Amari. He called my daughter Mya...and her name is Nya. I don't know...I didn't think the names were that hard. Oh well. LOL

aziajs

Quote:
Girl I ain't lieing. My boyfriend said she even called me Leather. LOL Then...my kids names. For some reason people can't those right either. My boyfriends Dad calls my son Amario...my son's name is Amari. He called my daughter Mya...and her name is Nya. I don't know...I didn't think the names were that hard. Oh well. LOL

You crack me up! But you don't have to tell me about names. I have heard EVERY possible way you can pronouce Azia. And when I introduce myself people either think I said Angel (which kills me) or when they see my name (although I have introduced myself as "Asia") they call me "Azeeah". Kills me everytime.

By the way, you seem so cool. You remind me of a friend of mine so much. I am going to be sending a friends request through myspace. It should be coming your way soon.

Midgard

Name: Diana
Profession: chemical laboratory assistant and I'm in the workers council, too

moonrevel

Name: Heather Marie. Marie is technically my middle name, but several years ago I started having everyone call me Heather Marie because, I don't know, I'm weird.
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I've lived here my whole life, but probably won't live here all of my life.
Profession: Professional student. Right now I'm getting my MA in Social and Public Policy Analysis, and next year I will start a Ph.D. program in political theory so I can be a professor and academic when I grow up.
smiles.gif

Ethnicity: My heritage is mostly Italian and German, with a dash of English and French thrown in there somewhere, according to my mother.

Random stuff: When I'm not living at school, I like to read, knit, and crochet.
How I got into MAC?: About six years ago, they opened a MAC counter at my local mall, and I went in and got a makeover and was instantly hooked. I started wearing makeup in general when I was in middle school and my mother took me to the Clinique counter because I needed makeup for a dance recital. From then on I was obsessed with department store cosmetics! I got into more crazy colors when I discovered Urban Decay, which was about ten years ago.

Pimptress

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
You crack me up! But you don't have to tell me about names. I have heard EVERY possible way you can pronouce Azia. And when I introduce myself people either think I said Angel (which kills me) or when they see my name (although I have introduced myself as "Asia") they call me "Azeeah". Kills me everytime.

By the way, you seem so cool. You remind me of a friend of mine so much. I am going to be sending a friends request through myspace. It should be coming your way soon.

my biggest pet peeve, and i know, it sounds stupid because Nikki is such a common name, right? Well, for some reason, 75% of the time when I answer the phone at work "This is Nikki speaking" I get "Oh Hi Mickey... I have a question regarding ______"

and then I just either hit my hand on my head and continue the conversation or if I'm feeling ballsy say "Actually my name is Nikki with an N but sure, I can help you"

How many people are named Mickey? Seriously? And girls at that!!! You'd think people would realize i'm saying NIKKI. NIKKI. NIKKI!!!

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimptress
my biggest pet peeve, and i know, it sounds stupid because Nikki is such a common name, right? Well, for some reason, 75% of the time when I answer the phone at work "This is Nikki speaking" I get "Oh Hi Mickey... I have a question regarding ______"

and then I just either hit my hand on my head and continue the conversation or if I'm feeling ballsy say "Actually my name is Nikki with an N but sure, I can help you"

How many people are named Mickey? Seriously? And girls at that!!! You'd think people would realize i'm saying NIKKI. NIKKI. NIKKI!!!

LOL!!

Padmita

Name: Silja Maren
Profession: Currently studying Latin American Studies and hoping to get my master degree in summer
graucho.gif
... but this means another 6 months for exam preparation until I'm finished
weeping.gif
!

Grace

Name: Grace and that's always my name on any message board
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota but originally from Sacramento, California (miss it
smiles.gif
)
Profession: I am a "Senior Communications Consultant" at Sprint PCS which is jargon for a sales rep. Looking at being promoted to Assistant Manager or get out of the business all together
smiles.gif

Ethnicity: American with German, French Canadian, and lot of other roots all mixed together.

The randoms:
Currently very hapilly married to a wonderful husband of 1 year with no kids. I'm very close to my 12 year old brother so I visit him at least weekly, whenever I can. I always tease my hubby that we should move to that city so he can always be over. Currently looking at getting house. I always secretly wish I could be artistic but I don't have an artistic bone in my body. I wish I was good at drawing, painting, etc. I want to get into scrapbooking and have bought supplies but haven't really sat down to do it but I will very soon.

IslandGirl77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimptress

Ha ha! I have a Aunt named Mickey! But, seriously people are retarded! People don't listen. I been called Heather, Feathers, Leaf(more than just my man's Grandma),and everything else that ain't my name.

joytheobscure

Name: Joy - wasn't that nice of my parents- **can you hear my sarcasm**

Profession: Special Education teacher this year, HS English/history teacher is what I prefer . I have three children, 9,7,4 and have been married for over 10 years now. My hubby is a police officer.
Ethnicity: Choctaw with a lot of ancestors who settled in the colonies prior to the rev. war - British mainly - most of mine sailed over before 1800.

Vespcat

Name: Susanna, but everyone calls me Suzy/Sooz.
th_confused_new.gif

Profession: Graduated last year, took a BA in Illustration, am currently working as a sales assistant in an interior design-y type store.
Ethnicity: My parents are both Czech, but I was born here in London and have lived here all my life.

smiles.gif

colormust

Quote:
My real name is Feather. I don't mind anybody knowing either. I usually use it as my screename, but I decided try something different on this forum.
lol.gif

hey feather....i was just lookin at your profile on myspace and i just wanted to tell you that you kids are adorable ; D

Jeslyn of Doom!

Name: Jeslyn
greengrin.gif

Profession: Student
Ethnicity: Italian, Polish, Irish, French-Canadian, Scottish

Ummm. I'm Jeslyn, and I'm a techno junkie rofl. I have a morbid obsession with Sin City and when I'm bored I like to invent new noises. And right now I should be doing my algebra. Eep.

IslandGirl77

Quote:
Originally Posted by colormust
hey feather....i was just lookin at your profile on myspace and i just wanted to tell you that you kids are adorable ; D

Thanks! You wanna borrow them? LOL

tinagrzela

Name: Tina
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada (mining capital of the world - sarcastic "yeah")
Profession: I'm a College Teacher; I teach Chemistry, Math and Computer classes.
Ethnicity: My father is from Poland, and my mother is from Canada. I am very fluent in English and French.
A little more about me!: I got married on a cruise ship 2 years ago, and it was the most memorable trip! I have no kids, but I do have 2 kitties, which are my babies. And like all of you, I share your affection and addiction to everything MAC.
eyelove.gif

melony

Name: Melony Akilah which translates to "black, intelligent and logical
Profession: Medical Assistant. I have a degree in biology and currently back in school to become a nurse anesthesist
Random stuff: I love candy and men and collecting lunch boxes
How I got into MAC?: All the israeli girls in school turned me onto it and they wore such bright wild colors and were dark skinned I just had to try it