What is your name? Small Survey

stacey

Name: STACEY WASSEL
smiles.gif

Profession: CURRENTLY A LOAN OFFICER ASSISTANT... WORKING TO GET MY REAL ESTATE LICENSE... GOING TO BE A LOAN OFFICER... WORKING LATER TO GET MY BROKERS LICENSE... OWNS A FREELANCE MAKEUP BUSINESS... ALSO IN PARTNERSHIP OF A MODELING AGENCY... IN THE FUTURE GOING TO OPEN A PARTNERSHIP WITH MY HUSBAND FOR REAL ESTATE/LOANS... ALSO A NOTARY PUBLIC
Ethnicity: FILIPINO & NOW IM MARRIED TO AN AFGHAN
smiles.gif

A little more about me...
Favorite Vacation Area: UMM.... I DON'T REALLY GO ON VACATIONS. ANYWHERE I CAN RELAX. I WANT TO GO TO HAWAII THIS YEAR... DEF GOING ON A CRUISE WITH MY FAMILY LATER ON THIS YEAR THOUGH
How did you get into MAC: OTHER LADIES ON MAKEUP BOARDS ON MYSPACE
Future Plans: OPENING MY OWN BUSINESS FOR REAL ESTATE/LOANS (MAYBE OPEN A BROKERAGE) NOT SURE YET BUT I WANT TO BE BIG... WANT A OWN A FEW BUSINESS' AND LIVE WEALTHY ENOUGH SO MY KIDS WILL BE HAPPY AND GET ANYTHING THEY WANT (IF THEY'RE GOOD) HAVE MORE KIDS TO GRACE THIS EARTH CAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS I LOVE KIDS
smiles.gif

caffn8me

Name: Sarah
Age: 39 years old (probably a fossil on Specktra although I'm still waiting for the carbon dating results)
Location: South West London, UK - half a mile from the Wimbledon tennis courts to be more precise.
Profession: Between jobs right now but usually network security consultancy, occasionally electrical engineering and I did a M·A·C course in professional makeup artistry so am doing makeup too. In the past I've worked in medical research.
Ethnicity: English with a possible hint of something mediterranean in the distant past (maybe Spanish or Italian - not sure)
Favorite Vacation Area: Anywhere I have friends - recent vacations include San Diego, New York, Sarasota (Florida), San Francisco, Montreal, Cincinnati, Las Vegas and Chicago.
How did you get into MAC: I used to work just up the road from the King's Road M·A·C store in London and popped in one day. That was probably about 11 years ago! I've been hooked ever since.

Pei

Simplified Version:

Name: Lin Sipei, Lin's my surname, Sipei's pronounced as "ssS-pay" lol, affectionately known as Pei or Peipei
greengrin.gif

Ethnicity: Southeast asian - Singaporean Chinese to be precise
Born and raised in Singapore, grandparents from China & Southeast asia

Peaches

I <3 these little questionaires!

Name: JennaJade or JJ
Profession: Currently I'm a receptionist for a jewellery company but I dont really like it. I want to get back into bartending and be a bar manager!
Ethnicity: My dad was English, Mum is Aussie. I just say I'm Aussie
greengrin.gif

Favorite Vacation Area: Gold Coast or anywhere near a beach
How did you get into MAC: I dont really remember, I wanted a bronzer that wasnt crap so I said "I'll spend a bit more and get something decent"
greengrin.gif

Future Plans: Move in with my boyfriend John, Get a car, Get a new career, I dont know... all that other stuff. I would like to go back to uni too
wavey.gif

x.els.x

Name: Ellyse
ssad.gif
icon_eek.gif

Location: AUSTRALAIA!!..the gold coast in queensland for those of u wanting to know hehe
Profession: i work at a supermarket called coles haha( grocery store..)
Ethnicity: aussie aussie aussie..OI OI OI!

Favorite Vacation Area: sydney australia..basically coz i havent been outside the country..but yea sydney is NOT in queensland where i live..it has the harbour bridge and opera house..
How did you get into MAC: to be honest..i have not got ONE thing by mac..i love make-up full stop..and have read about specktra ok vogue.com.au... dont be angry
icon_eek.gif
th_worship.gif
weeping.gif

Future Plans: hoping to be a make-up artist..im doing a course in tafe..starting tommorow!!..(tafe is just a place where u can learn basically everything and get a certificate..) then im going to do a school based traineeship at a salon..hopefully

SORRY IF THAT BORED YOU!!
th_worship.gif
:confused:
ssad.gif
cry.gif

litlaur

Name: Laura. When I was born, whoever filled out my birth certificate spelled my name wrong - Lola. When I got my driver's license, we couldn't find the corrected one, so my license says Lola. It creates a bit of a hassle at times. My dad found the corrected birth certificate, but there are so many typos on it (date: 6/7/184??). It's gonna be a bitch to get this straightened out.
Profession: I work as a student assistant for a professor at my school.
Ethnicity: Korean and white (mostly Irish)
Favorite Vacation Area: London, Florida Keys
How did you get into MAC: I saw FOTDS on some LiveJournal communities and decided I should get in on the action
greengrin.gif

Future Plans: I'm graduating from college in May. Hopefully I can get a job. I'm not really sure where. I don't really like my major anymore, but maybe I'll figure something out. When I do find a job, my boyfriend is going to go back to school. After he graduates, we'd like to move to Washington state. Somewhere in there we'll get married.

midnightlouise

Name: Trina. No Ka. Just plain Trina
smiles.gif

Profession: right now it's Domestic Goddess, Mom, and student. Used to be a proofreader for an automotive trade magazine. Exciting stuff.

Ethnicity: Scottish, English, French, German (a lil Jewish in there)

Other stuff: I've been married nearly 10 years, I have 2 sons: ages 5-1/2 and almost 2. I'm also homeschooling. Yikes.

Favorite Vacation Area: in the US it's Disneyworld! Outside it's London.

How did you get into MAC: kept reading about it in magazines & decided to give it a try. That was about 8 or 9 years ago I guess. Maybe more? I've slept since then.
greengrin.gif

Future Plans: Going to Egypt. I am studying Egyptology via the internet at the University of Manchester (UK) so one day I'll be an Egyptologist; Planning to move somewhere else this year, not sure where yet but it'll probably still be in TN. *sigh*
Hopefully there are no more kids in my future. Love 'em, but I'm done
greengrin.gif
(Lord willing!)

merleskaya

Name: Laurie
Age: I'll straddle the line between being coy and being too specific by admitting proudly that I'm over 40. I'm glad to see a variety of ages represented at Specktra!
Profession: member relations for a professional association...part time
Ethnicity: *very* distilled English, Swedish and Spanish
Other stuff: married almost 16 years to a great guy; we have 6 y/o and 4 m/o old sons (our newest addition was a very sweet surprise, but *wave to Trina* my family is complete)
Favorite vacation: Rocky Mountains in the U.S; Copenhagen as an international destination
How I got into MAC: I remember Madonna making Russian Red famous in the late 80s-early 90s and when I visited NYC for the first time in 1995, I stopped by the counter at Henri Bendel and fell in love. I still have a handful of lipsticks in the original cylindrical tubes (including Russian Red).
Future plans: I like my job, but maybe I'm hitting a midlife crisis...I'm interested in food and might look into becoming a dietitian.

It's cool getting to know people in this thread!

merleskaya

DaisyDee

Name: Michele Feminine form of Michael - Hebrew for "Who is like the Lord"
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC for the past 8 years, but born and raised in the Washington, DC suburbs
Profession: freelance journalist/writer
Ethnicity: German/Jewish, Mediterranean, but mostly just a good old American girl!

Favorite Vacation Area: London
How did you get into MAC: I just shop too much
Future Plans: To enjoy life, make sure I raise my son well, and grow old with my sweet husband.

Pushpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by VuittonVictim
"Hi Lazy!"

rofl.gif

bwahahaha so happy i an not the cheesiest person on specktra lol

my name is pushpa i obviously don't care it's my forum name

funKyVibeS*

Name: Sim
Profession: too young to work...my only real job is to go to school everyday

Miss_Behave

Name: Silvana - yes a Nars blush is named after me
lol.gif

Age: 29....which means my life will end in a year so I'm told
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany (it's near Heidelberg, so I'm in the sunny south)
Profession: I just switched from Marketing Manager to Project Coordinator, working for the biggest Internet Company in Germany...and it sucks
smiles.gif

Ethnicity: Italian, German, Hungarian

Favorite Vacation Area: Everywhere with a beach and I LOVE Tel Aviv and New York
How did you get into MAC: MUA
Future Plans: Uhmm, well, probably quiting my job after 5 years of hating it, marketing for make-up or music industry would be nice
smiles.gif

lara

I obviously have no issues with privacy, as Lara is my real name and that's my scary face on the left. heh

melozburngr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa
it's in the Dutch Village.

http://www.dutchvillage.com/index.html
smiles.gif

OMG, how could I NOT know that. I live on the other side of the mall- 1 block away.
smiles.gif
I go to the Arby's right next to the Dutch Village at least once a week
smiles.gif

Thanks! lol

Where does your brother live?

professionaltart

Name: erica
Profession: i am a stockbroker by trade but turned into a MAC artist overnight
Ethnicity: i am 50% chinese, 25% japanese and 25% french, both my parents are halves

Favorite Vacation Area: i like all places
How did you get into MAC: ive been using MAC since i started wearing makeup and i just went to the counter with the girls with the best makeup on.

valley

Name: Valdine
Profession: I'm a student doing the last semester of my undergrad
smiles.gif

Ethnicity: I'm Metis. (Aboriginal person in Canada)
Favorite Vacation Area: the oregon coast is beautiful!
How did you get into MAC: I decided to hit up MAC when I wanted some color last year for spring. I have a friend in Calgary who freaked out that I was so close to the MAC pro store out here.... I had to check it out for myself.