What's your current fashion dilemma ?

Cosmopolitics

My main dilemma is not being able to find clothes that fit right.

I have to buy bras online because the smallest band size readily available in a brick-and-mortar store is too big.

Pants are the absolute WORST, though. My hips are a good 12" bigger than my waist, so finding something that fits in the hips and butt that doesn't gape or fall off my waist is a challenge -- ESPECIALLY jeans.

To add to the frustration, I stand 5'1.5" (every half-inch counts when you're short). Most clothes in the petite section are UGLY and made for women at least 40 years my senior. A lot of the stuff in the juniors' section looks too high school (though occasionally I can find something) -- and also don't fit my curvy (34-27-39) body type properly.

pretebrowneyes

So many fashion dilemmas, so little time, lol

I'm 4'11", 40F bra, a little rolly polly ....NOTHING FITS ME RIGHT!!! I think if I got some good foundation pieces I'd feel so much better

I'm just ready for a change...my closet is feelin real frumpy and I'm so not that. But I don't know where to start. That's why I make sure my makeup is bangin on the daily...because from the neck down I don't feel so hot, lol

j_absinthe

I think I have the most monochromatic wardrobe ever. It's all black, white, and grey, with a couple pops of color- literally, I only have like 2 colored pieces, a bright orange t-shirt and a dark purple top. I'd like to bring in some pops of color into my wardrobe, but I want to make they'll be investments and not just whims or trend pieces.

Also, I want some damn turquoise boots!

Moxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_absinthe
Also, I want some damn turquoise boots!

drools.gif

GreekChick

I hate following trends. It bothers me to know that I look just like every single other woman in the city. But really, in today's society it is SO hard to find unique clothing and accessories: every single store has similar merchandise. Ah, mass production.

So, my fashion dilemma is that I want to do my own thing but I just end up dressing like everyone else because of the lack of original stores/pieces.

j_absinthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekChick
I hate following trends. It bothers me to know that I look just like every single other woman in the city. But really, in today's society it is SO hard to find unique clothing and accessories: every single store has similar merchandise. Ah, mass production.

So, my fashion dilemma is that I want to do my own thing but I just end up dressing like everyone else because of the lack of original stores/pieces.

Just get pieces that you respond to from wherever you want and mix and match. Unfortunately, it's so hard for people to feel like they're being unique, especially when it feels like everything's been done before. Trust me, I feel the same, but at the end of the day, you've just got to be happy with what you put on, whether it's considered trendy or not.

For example: I have hated jeans for the better part of my 22 years of existence. The past year or so I've really been getting into black, stretchy skinny jeans. It just so happened that as I was feeling more comfortable with these jeans that the trend it. It's daunting, feeling like you're just part of a mass, but I often try to pair something that's currently trendy with things that I feel are special to me.

ginger9

My dilemma is trying to have more fun with fashion. I think I dress fairly conservatively due to work and family upbringing. Now that I'm in my 30s, I sometimes wonder where the line is between fun and age inappropriateness so my dilemma is searching for a balance.

Also I am trying to embrace more feminine styles of dressing as opposed to dressing with a tom boy's eye which I naturally gravitate towards. In other words, more dresses and not always pants, comfy does not alway = overalls!!
tong.gif

Miss A

My PROBLEM... is that instead of actually going out and buying complete outfits like nice jeans nice dark blouse for going out. I go to the MAC counter drop about 80 then mosey on to the shoes drop more money. I have noticed i buy way more shoes, accesories, and makeup than i do clothes!! so i am always wearing the same little things i think i only have 1 pair of denim capris. All these sexy shoes and nothing to wear them with!!! grrrrr and i love those cute little 9.99 target shirts but they arent dressy as in to go with heels and fab makeup!! i need help. oh and i have been lusting after a black peacoat for winter for 3 years!!!! but the word "saving" is not in my vocab i need to learn it fast.

Miss A

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikdwich
My current dilemma:
What the hell do I wear these with? DONT SAY SKINNY JEANS!
th_dunno.gif

1_58737_AV_87.JPG

would you consider like a knee skimming skirt or dress that looks good with it? maybe a deeper chocolate color....

seonmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikdwich
My current dilemma:
What the hell do I wear these with? DONT SAY SKINNY JEANS!
th_dunno.gif

1_58737_AV_87.JPG

Short or knee-high skirts, or knee-high dresses
thmbup.gif
I'd say any color. Awesome boots, by the way.

seonmi

I need more colors in my wardrobe. I have colorful tops but pants, skirts, jackets, cardigans, coats, shoes, and bags I just have some basic black, white, neutral, and one or two normal colors, nothing pops.
I like to dress nicely but I come off as always dressing up to people. I guess people's opinions kinda affect me a bit so I feel uncomfortable being around sloppy-looking people because I look super dressed up.
Also, I don't go out often at all so I don't get to dress sexy and wear smokey eye or real heavy makeup looks
ssad.gif

Moxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by seonmi
I like to dress nicely but I come off as always dressing up to people. I guess people's opinions kinda affect me a bit so I feel uncomfortable being around sloppy-looking people because I look super dressed up.

I looove people who dress up, don't change yourself
thmbup.gif

S.S.BlackOrchid

Quote:
Originally Posted by seonmi
Also, I don't go out often at all so I don't get to dress sexy and wear smokey eye or real heavy makeup looks
ssad.gif

But it's fun to dress up and I'm sure you look great
smiles.gif
I am in the same boat. I usually stick out in dresses/skirts and high heels with red lips, when everyone else is in jeans. But it's fun. Besides, I wear a uniform and neutral mu to work.

renee604

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicygirl
my current dilemma is that i am sick of wearing scrubs like every day just because i work at a doctors' office! i wish i could dress all cute for work, sigh.

I feel the same way. I work in a hospital pharmacy and we wear scrubs everyday. On the plus side though, you never have to worry about what you're going wear!

renee604

My fashion dilemma right now is trying to find jeans and pants that fit. I'm 5'0, curvy in the butt and thighs, and small in the waist,so it's almost impossible to find pants that fit decently.

I also have a problem with shoes. I love the look of heels but when I actually wear them, they kill my feet.
ssad.gif

wishuponyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedbaby
Uggs - to buy or not to buy... part of me HATES them, part of me craves them after trying them on for a joke, so comfy!

BUY. I have four pairs
winkiss.gif

k.a.t

Spending money on make-up and other unecessary things instead of actual clothing which i desperately NEED.

My best friend has just kindly awarded me with the nickname "pretty-face tramp"
ssad.gif
ssad.gif