What's your current fashion dilemma ?

hawaii02

Since I've given up on trying to find a pair of cute brown flats, I'm on to metallic ones, preferably bronze.

ETA: Cute shoes made too small (and I have narrow feet!)

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksWifey
I'm a sweater whore, as in I wear sweaters when it's like 90 degrees outside. It's just a weird habit, I collect sweaters LOL. Hooded sweaters, turtleneck sweaters, cardigan sweaters, etc. People always say "Take your sweater off and stay a while!" Haha
smiles.gif
I just feel so comfortable in a sweater that I don't feel like taking it off.

I used to have this problem too. my b.f hated it , he used to turn the heater on in the car just to get me to take off my sweater

LoveMU

I'm petite and no professional clothes fit me! I look like a kid playing dress up in my mom's clothes!

devilgirl17

Current Dilemma: Nothing FITS! I am about 5 months pregnant and while I was still wearing some of maternity clothes from my last child and I hate looking through the magazines and seeing cute fall clothes and I can't buy them because I look like a beached whale. It sucks but it will be worth it in the end. I can't wait to lose all my baby weight and fit into my size 10s again!

Temptasia

I am a short girl with chunky legs. I love boots but I rarely find any that fit me.

Are black tights/leggings and flat slouchy ankle boots a big no no?

j_absinthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.a.t
Spending money on make-up and other unecessary things instead of actual clothing which i desperately NEED.

My best friend has just kindly awarded me with the nickname "pretty-face tramp"
ssad.gif
ssad.gif

I wish that were my nickname.

ssad.gif

Krasevayadancer

Too many to count
I can't find sufficiently comfortable/fashionable shoes for work
I have tons of gorgeous clothing and I don't wear it because I am saving it for a special occasion that never comes
I am always cold and nothing is warm enough

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
I am always cold and nothing is warm enough

Have your iron count checked. If you get your iron up, that may help on that front.
smiles.gif

kaliraksha

What's been a continuing trend these past few months is I came out of my shopping slump (yay making a little more money) and stopped being reasonable and just bought pieces that really "spoke" to me... but those were usually loud "special occasion" pieces. So then I have to go shopping again to buy clothes to match my new loud "special occasion" piece. Right now, I purchased black 4 inch gladiator heels that are so S&M and hot that I want the shoes to be the sexiest part of the outfit. I've been looking into Victoria Secret sweater dresses... but I want something knee length, fitted and generally covered up.

kittykit

I need more winter clothings for work! I also need a new pair of boots. Instead of getting the boots I've been thinking of getting last week, I came home like this --->
mac_haul.gif

pangie

finding any kind of clothing that'll look good on me since i still have the after-pregnancy weight. so sad...

Korms

My current dilemma: I'm trying to find a nice dress that I can wear to a wedding in November. I've seen a lot that I like but at the very core of my dilemma is my tattoos. I have a fairly colourful full sleeve with bright flowers on and most of the nice dresses I see have patterns, so I feel like I would look a bit gaudy. I certainly don't want to wear black to a wedding but I always struggle to find nice, non patterned dresses that are suitable for a formal function. Added to that I'm super picky when it comes to clothes and I have quite an individual style so I love quirky tailoring and details.

I majorly suck at buying formal attire.

AARRRRGHGGHHGHGHG!!!

carandru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
What's been a continuing trend these past few months is I came out of my shopping slump (yay making a little more money) and stopped being reasonable and just bought pieces that really "spoke" to me... but those were usually loud "special occasion" pieces. So then I have to go shopping again to buy clothes to match my new loud "special occasion" piece. Right now, I purchased black 4 inch gladiator heels that are so S&M and hot that I want the shoes to be the sexiest part of the outfit. I've been looking into Victoria Secret sweater dresses... but I want something knee length, fitted and generally covered up.

You can try this dress from express.
EXPRESS: BELTED TURTLENECK SWEATER DRESS

It may be along the lines that you are looking for. I brought it in black last season, and it is super sexy on. It just manages to hug in all the right place, on me at least. I would not pay full price for that though, lol. I bought mine w/ one of their $30 off a $75 purchase coupons that they have like each month. If you sign up for their emails, they will email you coupons like that. HTH!

carandru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tara_hearts
Fashion dilemma
Dressing to casual. Jeans and a tee and flip flops.
SO. I go out and buy tons of cute dressess and high heels and nice clothes. And never wear them. I feel out of place and feel like I look like a weirdo. So I spent all that money for no reason and I keep wearing the same crap. Argh.

You may want see if you can mix and match your casual pieces with your dressy pieces. For examples, you can add a little spice to jeans and a t-shirt by putting on a pair of heel. Or you can dress drown a dressier top with a more casual bottom and flats. Just play around with your clothes a a bit, and keep it where you feel comfortable. I'm sure you can starting wearing those pieces more!HTH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac*lover
my problem that i wear jeans and black tee and the same flat shoes almost every day i feel comfortable in them but when i go out and see some girls how is wearing skirts or a dress i say to my self i am going tomorrow to get a me a cute skirt or dress but i never do
ssad.gif
so my problem is wearing jeans every where i go and i do not have not even 1 skirt , i heat it
thmbdn.gif
but a mother of 4 year old some times wearing dress is a bid uncomfortable for me.

I had a similar issue with not wanting to wear dresses dresses and skirts. A thing that worked for me was to wear leggings. That way, my bottom half is still covered and I still get to wear the cute dress. Plus, nothing is exposed should I have an unfortunate accident, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueagave
I have no idea what style of jean flatters me... I have short curvy legs with tiny ankles and flared jeans just add all this extra fabric to my ankles and make my legs look chunky. On the other hand, skinny jeans appeal to me but I am not skinny and they make my lower half look like a carrot.
ssad.gif

Have you tried straight leg jeans? Try to find a pair that the same width as you hips all the way down. That may help even the curvyness of your leg and visually add some height. I bet you would look great in a dark wash pair of straight legs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_absinthe
I think I have the most monochromatic wardrobe ever. It's all black, white, and grey, with a couple pops of color- literally, I only have like 2 colored pieces, a bright orange t-shirt and a dark purple top. I'd like to bring in some pops of color into my wardrobe, but I want to make they'll be investments and not just whims or trend pieces.

Also, I want some damn turquoise boots!

OOOOOOOO
drools.gif
. If you find some turquoise boots.... Please, please, please let me know.

And, if you wanted to just ease you way into color, you can try colored accessories. The good thing about those are you can get quality/great looking items in every price range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikdwich
My current dilemma:
What the hell do I wear these with? DONT SAY SKINNY JEANS!
th_dunno.gif

1_58737_AV_87.JPG

SEXXXXXXXXXXYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!
drools.gif

l1onqueen

All the great outerwear that I cant wear because Im pear shaped. I want a pea coat soo bad but every one I try on wont button at the bottom since my butt is so big.
ssad.gif

Shadowy Lady

My dilemma is that all the stores are carrying pieces that look exactly the same. I'm not inspired by anything lately. Also, it seems like all the sizes are getting smaller. I'm 5'7", weigh about 140 lb and have C-cups so I should be a size 8 or medium or something, right? Yet in many of these stores, even the large tops won't fit me :/ It's even worse with dresses, the mediums are too small for my chest, the large ones fit at chest, but too big every other place
ssad.gif