WOC + RED LIPS = PICS for INSPIRATION & IDEAS!!

Flammable

the colors on aishwarya rai are not red. the second pic shows her in a rusty lip color, wouldn't call it red.
and I think good base (not cakey or mask-like) with red lips is a must. rest of the makeup should be minimal unless you are a daring diva.
greengrin.gif

babiid0llox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temptasia
0313red1.jpg

I recently attempted the orange red lips. I don't think I could ever wear red lips during the day though, but it was fun to try it out.

Simply gorgeous!
choochoo.gif

jinxii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temptasia
0313red1.jpg

I recently attempted the orange red lips. I don't think I could ever wear red lips during the day though, but it was fun to try it out.

you could definately wear this during the day
thmbup.gif
.. I love it!

LipstickLez

I stormed up to a suburban Richmond MAC counter a month or so ago and demanded to be given the truest red I could get. I left with a bag of Russian Red lipstick, RR lipglass (in case I wanted to go vinyl) and cherry liner. I like - but when I try during the day, I later feel foolish. Still working on that.

Here's my conundrum: A while back I bought Eclipse - an awesome deep wine matte that was in the Moonbath collection. I love it - but I can't wear it! I'm not sure if it's the darkness, the matte texture, or the combination of both, but it settles into the creases in my lips and I end up with areas of the lip that look very dark and spotty.

This actually happens with just about any deep burgandy/vampy color I do, unless it's a gloss. This didn't happen with RR, however.

What's wrong with my lips?

*PS: adding a similarly colored gloss or glass helps, but it negates the idea of having a matte color in the case of Eclipse

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LipstickLez
I stormed up to a suburban Richmond MAC counter a month or so ago and demanded to be given the truest red I could get. I left with a bag of Russian Red lipstick, RR lipglass (in case I wanted to go vinyl) and cherry liner. I like - but when I try during the day, I later feel foolish. Still working on that.

Here's my conundrum: A while back I bought Eclipse - an awesome deep wine matte that was in the Moonbath collection. I love it - but I can't wear it! I'm not sure if it's the darkness, the matte texture, or the combination of both, but it settles into the creases in my lips and I end up with areas of the lip that look very dark and spotty.

This actually happens with just about any deep burgandy/vampy color I do, unless it's a gloss. This didn't happen with RR, however.

What's wrong with my lips?

*PS: adding a similarly colored gloss or glass helps, but it negates the idea of having a matte color in the case of Eclipse

you might want to try a primer. mac makes one...sally hansen makes a comparable one as well, but for about half the price, called line fix. some lip balms will also do the trick, i wear burt's bees religiously under any lip products. the beeswax in it really helps fill in those little lines where makeup settles into.
winks.gif

jessajessajessa

omg I need to know the colour the gorgeous Chinese with the equally stunning white dress is wearing from 'gorgeousisme''s post!! I think she's the closest celebrity I look like (pretty scary thought). Help! x

NaturalT

I loooooove Seriously Rich mattene with 80% lip liner and clear gloss on top! Perfect red on me; not to overpowering for my face yet it give a lovely classy look. It has a slight berry tint to it that looks lush. I may need to get a back up although I just bought it lol. I am NC 50 with select tint and NC 45 with everything else.

Sundae

Quote:
Originally Posted by neezer
that's interesting that they gave you Russian Red, i asked the same one in the counter in NC and they gave me M.A.C. Red...i love it tho but i should try russian too...i have a picture of me in red and pink lipstick, i can show you guys:

ladc46247358bcd7af6d087bg3.jpg

That's Hollywood Nights

p1010030hh0.jpg

that is the M.A.C. Red

ooh this is so pretty. i love the MAC red in you. the barcie look, is sooo hot! what blush are you wearing in the bottom pic?

quizshow

Gorgeous pics!
What foundation color are you? I'm NW45, and wear Rapturous from the Mattene collection for my red lips, but I really want to try MAC Red.

finess2317

Quote:
Originally Posted by neezer
that's interesting that they gave you Russian Red, i asked the same one in the counter in NC and they gave me M.A.C. Red...i love it tho but i should try russian too...i have a picture of me in red and pink lipstick, i can show you guys:

ladc46247358bcd7af6d087bg3.jpg

That's Hollywood Nights

p1010030hh0.jpg

that is the M.A.C. Red

both of those colors look stunning on you

neezer

well i think it looks good on you! i like your whole face you have a chocolatey glow going on there lol. i like the way the red is deeper at the top of your lips and then it fades out to a nude color...i like that look!

NaturalT

I looooove mattene seriously rich! Ill add pictures soon but it is a wonderful berry red type color on me aka. a beautiful red lol. I could layer it to make it deeper or blot it to make it a sheer stained look.

OohJeannie

I think these are both Laura Mercier L/S in Chianti

*LA before work in my Flight Attendant uniform
1531api.jpg

*Vegas with my cousin. (I did her makeup too)
24ce3ir.jpg

Latest posts