WOC + RED LIPS = PICS for INSPIRATION & IDEAS!!

finess2317

Quote:
Originally Posted by OohJeannie
I think these are both Laura Mercier L/S in Chianti

*LA before work in my Flight Attendant uniform
1531api.jpg

*Vegas with my cousin. (I did her makeup too)
24ce3ir.jpg

looks good...red lips pop on you

reesesilverstar

Thanks for posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoppingisme
Red lipstick is a timeless staple in cosmetics. Many trends come and go but red lipstick will always be here and very hot for this summer.

Red lipstick is one of the hottest trends this summer. Even though some of us tend to shy away from red lipstick, there is a red lipstick that is perfect for you. With these tips in hand you will find the perfect red lipstick for your makeup collection.
  • Lip size: If you suffer from small-lipped syndrome you will want to stay away from dark lipsticks. Dark lipsticks will only make your lips look smaller. (That is why as women we live in black right?)
  • Skin tone: For dark beige and bronze skin, a deep red lipstick with a burgundy tone is perfect for you. For ivory and light beige, I recommend a true red. However, if you have a very fair complexion, look for a red with a pink tint to it.
  • Color of Teeth: This needs to be concern for any color products you apply around your lips. If your teeth are harshly stained apply colors with a blue undertone. This will help "whiten" your teeth. Wearing colors with a yellow undertone will accent the stains and make teeth appear more yellow.
  • Rest of the Look: Because red lipstick is very dramatic the rest of your look needs to stay subtle. Keep your eye shadow light; go for one shimmery, allover eye color. Add black eyeliner as close to the lashes as possible and mascara. Keep blush to a natural tone. Your look is now complete.

Seriously, who makes these rules?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooeeyy
I stated in one post that i dont feel there are any rules to wearing red, especially for women of color. I think red is a very classy and vibrant color but I also think that wearing color on your face with red is also a do. I actually love red lips with purple eyeshadow. It may sound crazy but I live for bold colors and brightness.

Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipshock
IMO, there are no rules regarding red lipstick because I've seen many women wear it with bright eyes and it looked absolutely gorgeous! It's all about how you wear it to be honest.

FYI -- red lips and no foundation will make you look ghostly. You need to wear something on the face -- even if it is just a tinted moisturizer to even out the skin tone and cover minor imperfections. Not doing so will make the makeup look incomplete and sloppy.

Yes again!

neezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by finess2317
wow neezer thanks for the compliment...i love your makeup...you are truley inspirational

and i love yours too! see imma get darker b/c of the summer and i'm gonna have to get your style for the summertime
smiles.gif
lol..but thank you i appreciate it
smiles.gif

neezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OohJeannie
I think these are both Laura Mercier L/S in Chianti

*LA before work in my Flight Attendant uniform
1531api.jpg

*Vegas with my cousin. (I did her makeup too)
24ce3ir.jpg

Very nice!! see everyone is rocking the red lol!

nuni1983

gorgeous looks..thanks for the inspiration..im definetly gonna do a grey eye with red lipstick and also a brown eye look with the red

sofabean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temptasia
0313red1.jpg

I recently attempted the orange red lips. I don't think I could ever wear red lips during the day though, but it was fun to try it out.

what color is this? it looks amazing on you!!

oh, and does anyone else besides me think that rihanna in this first post looks a bit like michael jackson?!?!!

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by finess2317
ok here is my red look....i dunno

I like the red lip color and the lip liner. You have a very nice lip shape. My only comment is about the brows. Have you ever had them filled in and lengthened? I think they would look great darker, longer and a little thicker.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temptasia
0313red1.jpg

I recently attempted the orange red lips. I don't think I could ever wear red lips during the day though, but it was fun to try it out.

What products are you wearing on your lips? It looks gorgeous...

Temptasia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
What products are you wearing on your lips? It looks gorgeous...

I got this red lipstick from a cheap drugstore makeup kit called Sarah Ashton. Then put NARS Babe lipgloss for that orange red mega shine. Sorry I can't list you an actual product to get, but the red is pretty basic.

I think that gloss can make any cheap red lipstick look good.
smiles.gif

finess2317

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I like the red lip color and the lip liner. You have a very nice lip shape. My only comment is about the brows. Have you ever had them filled in and lengthened? I think they would look great darker, longer and a little thicker.

oh i know i am working on making them look better..thanks for the tips

nazneen372

Thanks for some great pics and inspiration! There's soo many takes on red lips to choose from!

I love reds too, also because I love the 50s pinup look. I'm Bangladeshi and an NC43. For a true red I use a Rimmel red liner with MAC Dubonnet on top, as Russian Red is too blue for me. Here's my pinup look:

IMG_8855-1.jpg

I think reds + colour can work too if you play around with texture, here I am wearing a semi-sheer orange-red gloss (YSL Golden Gloss) with mint green eyes and sheer red cheeks (I like to think of it as a modern take on 1960s Bollywood!):

IMG_8389-1.jpg

faifai

Here's mine - I'm Bangladeshi and NC45.

red6-1.jpg

That's Wet 'n' Wild "Cherry Blossom" lipstick. Pinkish red.

drama.jpg

jewel.jpg

Those are both Victoria's Secret lipgloss in Oatstanding. Sheer shimmery brick red.

wedding.jpg

That's Rimmel lipstick in "Scream."

phone5.jpg

Unfortunately I don't remember what color this is!​

Lapis

Thanks for this I'm nw45 and just bought my first red lipstick (at 29) and my husband gave me the Rock eyebrow when I tried it and I've been too shy to wear it out, but I'm going to try it tonight for dinner, best time to try new looks away from home
th_DANCE.gif

RaynelleM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooeeyy
I stated in one post that i dont feel there are any rules to wearing red, especially for women of color. I think red is a very classy and vibrant color but I also think that wearing color on your face with red is also a do. I actually love red lips with purple eyeshadow. It may sound crazy but I live for bold colors and brightness.

I totally agree ... I recently tried Russian Red lips and Flame Red cheeks and it looked HOT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapis
Thanks for this I'm nw45 and just bought my first red lipstick (at 29) and my husband gave me the Rock eyebrow when I tried it and I've been too shy to wear it out, but I'm going to try it tonight for dinner, best time to try new looks away from home
th_DANCE.gif

LOL ... the first time I wore red lips my BF said it made me look old and kinda like a librarian!!!
th_dunno.gif

It's a good thing I don't pay any attention to him, atleast where make-up is concerned cuz now I have a newfound love for bright lipsticks!

Latest posts