WOC + RED LIPS = PICS for INSPIRATION & IDEAS!!

gitts

Has anyone seen Rihanna's Take a Bow music video? In it she wears a wicked red lipstick. Does anyone have any idea what colour it is? Or what colour may come close?

reesesilverstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeebee
I love red lips, I think they are so sexy....

IMG_1422_edited-1.jpg

Port Red l/s & Love Alert Dazzleglass

OMG Honeebee... Yr eyes, yr lips WOOOOOO!!!!

What eyeshadows did you use? I want product breakdown, lol!

That looks soooooo good!

Mabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by faifai
Here's mine - I'm Bangladeshi and NC45.

red6-1.jpg

That's Wet 'n' Wild "Cherry Blossom" lipstick. Pinkish red.

you are too freaking gorgeous. im so jealous.

I bought a dark red from mufe that i reaallly liked, but it was so shiney and slick that it bled everywhere. i just bought the clear lip liner from benefit thats supposed to be great for preventing feathering. When i try it out i'll post it.

I don't think you need to follow the light eyes with a red lip "rule". I did a green eye with red once, and it actually looks pretty good. I think brown smokey eye would be nice, or gold or amber.

imperfectbeauty

i seriously need help finding a good red lippie because i tried port red and it didn't look good at all. i've tried other lippies too and i just cannot get them to work on me. *sigh* any suggestions. im a C40 in studio fix foundation but probably a little darker now so NC42 i think.

shedevil185

Hola everyone! I'm new to the board -- when I saw this topic I had to jump in lol Everyone who's posted so far looks so gorgeous! I love red lips; so classic, yet sexy. I will rock a blue or brick red [what i have on below] on occasion, but I've yet to get brave enough to try the hues on the pink or orange side. I'm afraid I'd look like bozo lol.

jhbfvn.jpg

Coffey123

Quote:
Originally Posted by finess2317
ok here is my red look....i dunno

more serious look...all critisim welcome

What foundation and powder are U wearing on your face? Your skin looks amazing.

mactaz

Hi

I'm a newbie but here's my input.

I'm NW45 and this is rapturous mattene lipstick with c thru. I love red lips but dont wear it often.
ssad.gif

carandru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mactaz
Hi

I'm a newbie but here's my input.

I'm NW45 and this is rapturous mattene lipstick with c thru. I love red lips but dont wear it often.
ssad.gif

EVERYONE should own rapturous mattene!! If you don't have it, get it NOW!! I love this color. I've seen it on the most porcelain complexion to the deepest darkest ebony woman and everything in between. And it looks awesome. Love, love, love, love it!!!

Shadowy Lady

I'm an NC30 most of the time (NC35 in the summer). I have only two reds, MAC's Port Red and MAC's So Scarlet. I love them both. The only thing is I don't like lipliners and I don't wear them, but I think I should.

Here's me wearing Port Red this past summer:
IMG_2921.jpg

and here I'm wearing So Scarlet with Jampacked l/g on top:
IMG_3156.jpg

I wear red l/s at least once a week....I'm getting Russian Red next
smiles.gif

L281173

I think that red lipstick is just alluring on any women of color. It is a must. I think that everyone should have different shades of red.

Shal

Ive been using MAC Red for a while but recently thought id have a whack at Russian Red. I actually prefer this lippie now, the colour seems more rich and intense.

annielise

Wow you all look gorgeous and the pics are so inspiring. I NEVER wear red except for the one lone instance below. I always wear shadows so I thought wearing red with dramatic eyes was too over-the-top. I'm slowly shaking off my fear of red lips and I think I'm almost over it. Here's me wearing Red Romp lipglass.

DSC07967.jpg

MAC_Pixie04

I don't advocate "rules" for makeup in general, but I don't think you can just put on red lipstick, I truly feel there is a process.

1. Everything else needs to be CLEAN. The surrounding features need to be polished and well-groomed. A strong red lip does not work with loud blush, untamed brows, and clumpy eye lashes; this will lead to you looking tacky.
I did makeup on a client for a black tie benefit; she was wearing a satiny black formal dress and an updo. I decided to play up the glamour of her wardrobe by giving her a classic look with a red lip. I did a matte finish, polished complexion. I skipped blush and opted for a light dusting of a matte bronzer to warm up her complexion. The eyes were very light, but with precise liquid liner in a slight cat-eye. Then we rocked out a flawless, shaped red lip, blotted it to death and pressed in a balm for a hint of shine. It looked amazing.

2. Lip liner cannot be skipped! Red lipstick bleeds the fastest and is the most noticeable when it runs or settles into lip lines. Also, because it's such a strong color, it needs a borderline. Some people have a naturally flawless lipshape, and could use a wax lip pencil just to hold the red color in place, but most of us aren't that lucky, and need to create a defined shape before applying red lips.

3. BLOT BLOT BLOT! Again, red pigment runs like crazy. You should always blot your red lipstick so that it gives a staining effect and so that it isn't so emollient that it will start to spread when you wear it. Ever see those ladies who wear red lipstick and it's all over their mouth and teeth after a few hours? You do not wanna be one of those ladies lol

mocha_queen

I love wearing red! it instantly makes you look glamorous
But I always wear reds with a neutral eye/ dramatic liner

l_6bb78bc7e2229565c2f973b184387de4.jpg

l_46fef928dd21511d84e06de42109394c.jpg

red6-1.jpg

BestRx

Just wanted to share my red lip. This is Dubonnet with Victoria's Secret "Oatstanding" lip gloss.

7815d1234718432-dubonnet-lady-pic-1-compressed.jpg

Latest posts