WOC + RED LIPS = PICS for INSPIRATION & IDEAS!!

Chrisi85

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBadGirl
Waaaah! I love this color. I can't believe I may have to spend $40 or $60 to duplicate it!

2zg6cy8.jpg

That's a really really beautiful red! Is Viva Glam I darker/lighter than this one?

Curly1908

Does anybody know of one color that will give me ^that shade?

I really don't wanna have to mix those 3 colors mentioned.
ssad.gif

yuuri

Is it true that for warm skin tones we have to get orangey-red lipstick? what happens if we get the blue-ish red ones instead?

Kragey

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuuri
Is it true that for warm skin tones we have to get orangey-red lipstick? what happens if we get the blue-ish red ones instead?

Personally, I try to avoid red lipsticks with a lot of orange because orange makes your teeth look yellow.

I'm white, but I gotta say, there's this consultant on Say Yes to the Dress named Keisha who really rocks the dark red lip.

StyleBlack

I've been scouring the net to find out what these lipsticks are... they're both such perfect reds. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know! :)

califabulous

That's what I've read...that the orangey-reds are better suited but I still rock the blue reds and I love it. I just got Russian Red from MAC and it is lovely. I love the color of Ruby woo and that seems to have an orangey feel to me -not too much but its not a deep blue red. It didn't do much for me although it is very close to russian red....I think I may border on warm/neutral undertones so that can make a difference.

StyleBlack

NARS Dragon Lady?
Thanks ladies! I went on a little Red Lipstick expedition and tried on a LOT of red lipsticks this last week, including these two. Stila's Fiery is AHmazing. I think they both have on Ruby Woo in the second pic, but idk what Rih is wearing in the first pic.

StyleBlack

That's what I've read...that the orangey-reds are better suited but I still rock the blue reds and I love it. I just got Russian Red from MAC and it is lovely. I love the color of Ruby woo and that seems to have an orangey feel to me -not too much but its not a deep blue red. It didn't do much for me although it is very close to russian red....I think I may border on warm/neutral undertones so that can make a difference.
I couldn't agree more. I'm warm, and prefer blue-reds/pink-reds on me all the way.

After MANY years of resistance, I tried on Ruby Woo and Russian Red last night, and fell in love. I thought Ruby Woo was a true-blue red, but after trying it on, Russian Red was the "it" colour I've been looking for. RR is actually darker than RW, but it swatched brighter and truer on my lips. Go figure.

califabulous

I couldn't agree more.  I'm warm, and prefer blue-reds/pink-reds on me all the way.

After MANY years of resistance, I tried on Ruby Woo and Russian Red last night, and fell in love.  I thought Ruby Woo was a true-blue red, but after trying it on, Russian Red was the "it" colour I've been looking for.  RR is actually darker than RW, but it swatched brighter and truer on my lips.  Go figure.
LOL! I totally get it! My mom has had tubes and tubes of ruby woo and it looks so good on hr! I love it but like you said Russian red is IT ;)

StyleBlack

LOL! I totally get it! My mom has had tubes and tubes of ruby woo and it looks so good on hr! I love it but like you said Russian red is IT
winks.gif

So, because I'm obsessed, I put RR over RW and THAT is my fave combo! RW was too dark on my lips on its own, but overtop, RR gives me my perfect red (for now... lol).

I want to try NARS Dragon Girl as a base with Russian Red instead of Ruby Woo.. I hate the texture of RW

dundada

I think very, very dark skinned black women have the most freedom when it comes to red lips plus eye makeup and blush, especially if they are going out during the evenings. Go on to Youtube and just observe Grace Jones look which has been back in style for a while now.

A lot of dark skinned black women claim to this day that they struggle to find the right makeup colors to wear but good ol' Grace always finds a way and it always looks beautiful! She always wears dark red or wine lipsticks with gloss, dark plum blush to contour her sharp cheekbones further, and dark eye makeup. She never looks outlandish....well not makeup-wise anyway. LOL

donchica

Hi, I receently got Riri Woo, and I love it, though I feel I need a much darker red lip liner to give it definition. I have Mac Cherry LL and Im not crazy about the combo. Does anyone know of a red lipliner that is at least 3 or 4 shades darker, that I can use? Thanks!

Latest posts