Working with Shadesticks

Katgirl625

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolmnbv
Thx, I think I would like this w. the 252 or 242 I might try it this way tomorrow!

Oops, i guess I typoed in my original post - I meant 242, not 224!

Glad it's working for some people!

Vicky88

Would it have the same effect if you applied the shadestick directly to your lid then buffed with the same brush? I don't have any MAC brushes so I can't try.
smiles.gif

roxybc

Hmm, I'll give it a try, but I mainly just use my shadesticks as a base, so I'm not sure if it will do much.

Great idea though

zwfan

thanks!! I tried this on my bobbi brown fine liner brush, and it works really good.. i think it's time to give my shadesticks a second chance
smiles.gif
)

Katgirl625

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwfan
thanks!! I tried this on my bobbi brown fine liner brush, and it works really good.. i think it's time to give my shadesticks a second chance
smiles.gif
)

What a fab idea! I've been wanting a way to get a thinner line with Royal Hue - drawing it on a liner brush sounds like the wya to go now.

Do you guys think macs liner brush is stiff enough for this? Or should I just try it iwth the angle?

user79

I hate the tugging problem with s/s, so an MA told me a trick. She rubs the s/s warm on the back of her hand until the product is warmed up a bit, then apply to your lid. If it starts to tug again, just rub it again on the back of your hand to re-warm it. Works pretty well!

bellaetoile

my new trick, particularly with overcast, shimmermint, and silverbleu, which i find to be the most difficult to work with, is to blast em with a hair dryer for 5-10 seconds, then apply the product, while warm, to my FINGER, then apply to my eyes with my finger. no tugging, controlled placement, and evenly spread color. works like a charm.

ebonyannette

I loev shadesticks!
They really make my eyeshadows look great but there is only one thing, blending them out.
Since Im not very good at blending when I use two or more colors of shadestick the lines where they meet are really visable an its hard to blend them out.
I use my 242 after I apply my shadestick and try to blend out the edges some. I have heard of heating them slightly with a blow dryer but I havent tried this yet.

What are your tips for working with shadesticks?

bellaetoile

hair dryer for 5-10 seconds on a low heat setting. you want them soft, but not molten. don't let them liquify. apply to your FINGER, then to your lid. as you can imagine, the heat from your finger helps with the blending process, and makes colors easier to blend than if you used a brush. i don't like using brushes with shadesticks, because i don't usually see much of a result. fingers give you a more controlled application. also, it's easier to simply blend your shadow/pigment colors, rather than worry about blending your shadestick colors together. also, i think there's several topics on shadedsticks already, try using the search feature. some of the prvious posts might have some helpful tips as well.