Working with Shadesticks

amber_j

Re: Shadestick help...

I agree with the tip to roll them between the palms of your hands to warm up the product. I also apply them directly to my eyelid, and just use different amounts of pressure depending on the look I'm going for.

If you decide you still don't like shadesticks I can help you find a good home for them...
winks.gif
lol

lainz

i usually sit on my shadestick while i work on my foundation, blush, etc. lol...warms it up without bringing out extra tools :p and yeah apply it directly to your eyes.

beth_w

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber_j
I agree with the tip to roll them between the palms of your hands to warm up the product. I also apply them directly to my eyelid, and just use different amounts of pressure depending on the look I'm going for.

If you decide you still don't like shadesticks I can help you find a good home for them...
winks.gif
lol

Thanks for the offer of help
tong.gif

FacesbyNiki

Ok, so rolling them between your hands works? I was having trouble with my shadestick the other night.

Thanks guys!

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by lainz
i usually sit on my shadestick while i work on my foundation, blush, etc. lol...warms it up without bringing out extra tools :p and yeah apply it directly to your eyes.

That is a good one!
smiles.gif
I will have to try this!

Pushpa

use them like crayon just apply them directly on your eye and us your finger to blend it out id you want this has alwasy worked for me..mangomix and i are best friends right now

KTB

I roll mine between my palms but still find that some work better than others. My Corn is amazing but Overcast is all patchy and such. I'm going to try the blowdryer trick next.

pinklips1207

who loves shadesticks?

cutey.gif
hey everybody!lookin forward to buying my first shadestick,and how does it work??? please advice....

MzEmo

Re: who loves shadesticks?

shadesticks are like bases for your e/s. it glides on really smoothly and it is really easy to blend. My favorite shadestick is the sea me shadestick. they dont list it online but i see it at the counters all the time. which color are you planning on buying?

coachkitten

I have a love hate relationship with shadesticks. Some are so rough to apply. I learned a tip a while back to rub the shadesticks in between your hands to soften them a bit so they go on smoother. The color choices they used to have were amazing. My favorites are sharkskin and royal hue.

pinklips1207

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzEmo
shadesticks are like bases for your e/s. it glides on really smoothly and it is really easy to blend. My favorite shadestick is the sea me shadestick. they dont list it online but i see it at the counters all the time. which color are you planning on buying?

is that a shade of blue? i'm goin for somethin natural and dramatic for night. thanks for the advice
yes.gif

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklips1207
is that a shade of blue? i'm goin for somethin natural and dramatic for night. thanks for the advice
yes.gif

Sea Me is a bright turquoise. It has been discontinued, but is still available at Nordstrom.com.