MAC - Brunette Blonde Redhead Collection Discussion

bellalune

Re: MAC - Brunette Blonde Redhead Collection Discussion (Hair was WN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Wow, I must be the luckiest BBR'er today because the texture on the 100 Strokes I got is just fine!
smiles.gif

Me too!!! Loving it!!!
yes.gif

coconut

Does Marquis'd look at all like Freckletone? They are both peachy-nude lustres. And can I get the look of B-babe with To Swoon For l/s and Delicate Crush l/g from the Rose Lips set?

Sanayhs

I have Liqueur, and Soft Wave seemed much rosier. I quite liked it, actually, but I don't need it since I have Liqueur for a bronzier lipglass.

Freckletone and Marquise d' are NOT alike, Freckletone is much more... yellowish? on me. I like Marquise d' MUCH better. B-Babe can not be duplicated by the Rose Lips lipsticks because it is stupidly frosty, and they are not. I like them much better.

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
Okay so ur basically saying I NEED brunette and redhead (is brunette anything like warmed? WHY isnt anyone comparing these two, lol) And ur saying that pigmented lipped girls CAN blank out their lips first and use blow dry!!!
yahoo.gif
Now do u mean the frosty brown lipstick or the frosty brown lipGLASS...hmmm hmm which should I get? Thank you honey for ur review!!

I dont have warmed so I cant help you there
ssad.gif

Brunette and redhead are pretty fab, they would both be amazing cheek colors on you.

Oh hell yes they can blank out their lips and use blow dry! I did it today in the store!
But if you're going to do that, you have to get red devil. Get both or dont get either, they compliment each other SO well.

Yes the frosty brown lipstick, What a Do! Its beautiful! I am still considering purchasing it but I will think on it.

Winthrop44

Well I am sad to say that I really can't get any pigment onto my lid from Deep Shade using anything but my finger.
ssad.gif

bellalune

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmePro
Just an observation...it seems like lighter tones (I'm NC25) are getting better color payoff and in general are liking this collection a bit more

Thoughts?

Probably true. I'm also NC25 and I am loving everything I bought.
thmbup.gif

Sanayhs

Right. Warmed. Warmed sucks. It's stupidly orange. Brunette is much prettier. Mmm, yes. I'd take Brunette over Warmed any day.

blackrose

I hate frostiness too but maybe Peroxide will tone down the frost on B-Babe, (I *have* to get everything for blondes - silly i know.)
smiles.gif
Does anyone have both of these?

elegant-one

Quote:
Well I am sad to say that I really can't get any pigment onto my lid from Deep Shade using anything but my finger.
ssad.gif

Fingers are good tools
thmbup.gif
Sometimes thats the only way I can get my es to show up too
th_dunno.gif

But do you really like the color?

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrose
I hate frostiness too but maybe Peroxide will tone down the frost on B-Babe, (I *have* to get everything for blondes - silly i know.)
smiles.gif
Does anyone have both of these?

No, but something else to keep in mind is that a lipliner also tones down frostiness, so you might try that too.

Sanayhs

For colours that don't show up well, I like to put a shadestick underneath. Helps tremendously!

michmom2

I bought all 3 MSF's and all 3 brushes. I also bought All's Fair because it is so beautiful. I plan to go to a fs MAC store tomorrow and B2M for more lip products!!! I think Warmed is darker than Brunette, Warmed has a browner undertone whereas Brunette has a coral/pink undertone. I know this makes no sense. Let me see if I can take a picture???!!

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Fingers are good tools
thmbup.gif
Sometimes thats the only way I can get my es to show up too
th_dunno.gif

But do you really like the color?

Yeah, but not for my original intent...it's too similar in value to Smudged Violet. I guess I'm still on the hunt for something to use in place of Deep Truth for that Shadowy Lady quad. Also, my problem with fingers is that they're not very precise and with darker colors that's not so great.
th_dunno.gif

TISH1124

Again, I have warmed and it is very different from Brunette unfortunately...I like Brunette better but I do like warmed on my skintone...It does not look stupidly orange on me. It depends on your skintone...But Brunette is a better choice if choosing between the two.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmom2
I bought all 3 MSF's and all 3 brushes. I also bought All's Fair because it is so beautiful. I plan to go to a fs MAC store tomorrow and B2M for more lip products!!! I think Warmed is darker than Brunette, Warmed has a browner undertone whereas Brunette has a coral/pink undertone. I know this makes no sense. Let me see if I can take a picture???!!

I am gonna take some comparison swatches tomorrow..I am ridiculously lazy tonight...and I am about to go throw together a ridiculously lazy yet edible dinner...LOL

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
I have Liqueur, and Soft Wave seemed much rosier. I quite liked it, actually, but I don't need it since I have Liqueur for a bronzier lipglass.

Freckletone and Marquise d' are NOT alike, Freckletone is much more... yellowish? on me. I like Marquise d' MUCH better. B-Babe can not be duplicated by the Rose Lips lipsticks because it is stupidly frosty, and they are not. I like them much better.

Okay, great...Maybe I will swatch liquer on my hand and holdit up to the computer lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
I dont have warmed so I cant help you there
ssad.gif

Brunette and redhead are pretty fab, they would both be amazing cheek colors on you.

Oh hell yes they can blank out their lips and use blow dry! I did it today in the store!
But if you're going to do that, you have to get red devil. Get both or dont get either, they compliment each other SO well.

Yes the frosty brown lipstick, What a Do! Its beautiful! I am still considering purchasing it but I will think on it.

Girl, I was already getting red devil
winks.gif
and what a do...I cant see this one selling out soon so MAYBE if I can get to a MAC store Ill b2m for it or something!

Quote:
Right. Warmed. Warmed sucks. It's stupidly orange. Brunette is much prettier. Mmm, yes. I'd take Brunette over Warmed any day.

I just keep hearing how orangey bronze Brunette is...but if its better than warmed I guess I should get it!

Quote:
For colours that don't show up well, I like to put a shadestick underneath. Helps tremendously!

Hmmm so maybe if i wore beige-ing under flip...maaaaaybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmom2

Pictures are always great!
yes.gif

Sanayhs

Sorry. To clarify, Rebecca and I have chatted before about how Warmed is really, really orange on me and not on her, so she knows what I mean there. I realise it's not that way on plenty of other folks, and skin tone factors in to EVERYTHING.

Sanayhs

Beige-ing might work under Flip. Hmmmm... Shadesticks can work wonders.
smiles.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
ssad.gif

I really liked Deep Shade with the finger swatch LOL...But it was so almost exact to Contrast to me that I passed it up...But I still think about it....Praying I don't go back to get it

cocolicouss

i don't have warmed msf but brunette is soo beautiful at first i was only going to get Readhead but then i tried brunette and it was loveee