AU Colour Story Release Dates

simplyenchantin

I have Dainty and Gentle and I don't get much colour payoff from either.. for colour payoff I'd just go for a regular blush. That's why, if I had $50, I'd rather get an MSF since they're more unique and have more uses than a blush imo. Also I don't seem to have this pore-enlargening problem.. or if I do I don't notice lol!

MrsMay

^^ damn! I definately have the pore enlarging problem...

I looked into a 5x mirror the other day and went nu-uh, you can keep that mirror, I dont need to see my pores looking the size of moon craters!!!!!! Waaaaaaaay too scary for me!

sambibabe

How weird.. I love Dainty and it shows up a lot on me! And no, it doesn't not enlarge pores.. Yeah, I applied Blonde MSF in the morning and on the way to work, I looked myself in the mirror (under natural light) and I didn't know I had such enlarged pores on my cheeks!
icon_eek.gif

MrsMay

^^ Petticoat is horrible for that on me, because of the metallic sheen.

the BBR msf's were good for minimising the pore enlarging, and so is Lightscapade, Stereo Rose, Soft & Gentle and So Ceylon.

Mainly the ones with big veins will be the ones to enlarge pores massively.

billy_cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMay
^^ Petticoat is horrible for that on me, because of the metallic sheen.

the BBR msf's were good for minimising the pore enlarging, and so is Lightscapade, Stereo Rose, Soft & Gentle and So Ceylon.

Mainly the ones with big veins will be the ones to enlarge pores massively.

thats really interesting mrs may because soft and gentle actually makes my pores massive and petticoat doesnt. I had it down to my soft and gentle looks more glittery to the eye whereas my petticoat is smoother?

now i have no idea

miss_bailey

I want to pass on this but i just LOVE the mineralize blushes, I have love thing and Nuance and I love them both. I think I might just get one.

~Crystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambibabe
^^^ Oh, now you tell me!
greengrin.gif
Do you have Love Thing by any chance? My MUA said it might be dark for me, but still... Doesn't stop me from lemming it!

I own Love Thing and it's great!! (I'm only NW15 too). The problem for me with Love Thing isn't so much that it's really dark, but that it's really really pigmented! I have to use a super light hand with it, even using the 188. It's a pretty colour- and providing you blend it properly, can look gorgeous
smiles.gif

That being said, it's super easy for me to make a mistake with it and end up looking like I've been slapped in the face haha

btw- Love Thing turns out as red on me- definately not the colour that it looks in the pot. It isn't a bright (almost brick) red like Merrily, but it's red all the same!

Apart from Dainty (which doesn't show up well on me without tonnes of work... looks like i got a bad one...) for which I LOVE the colour of, Love Thing is my favourite of the MBs!

darkorchid

Girls I really don't know about GDs!!! I wanted to get 3 of them initially but then the price tag has made me seriously rethink. The enlarged pores thing frightens me too , because I have Blonde MSF and if I put that too far forward on my cheeks then my pores look like disco balls @_@

What size are the mineralized blushes and if you could get just ONE which one would it beeee?? I am NC30-35
winks.gif

sambibabe

Darkorchid, Mineralised Blushes don't enlarge pores like MSFs do, so you don't have the same problem with GDs. Did you check out the swatch thread? I was planning to get Love Rock, but it looks just too shimmery with little pigmentation. Grand Duo looks pretty! I am only going to get 3-4 now.

darkorchid

Hahahaa I was just checking out the newest swatches. Honestly I think I will get Moon River. It's probably what I wanted Blonde MSF to be - like a really pale pink.
I'm a bit scared to get the other colours - Earth to Earth (?) swatches looked good but I am not sure how bronze/gold will look on my cheeks @_@

lara

If you over-apply MSF's to areas where you naturally have more active pores and/or you have large pores to begin with, of course something that shimmery is going to make them appear larger. There's a reason why they're mostly highlighters and not blushes
winks.gif

Grand Duos aren't as shimmery as MSFs, if you have an issue with bad skin/large pores then you should be fine with them.

darkorchid

^^ Looks like its just a case of me using the product wrong then ! HAHA!
Swatches are very distracting at work I must say

rockin26

I did a double take today when I got my email about GD! I'll check them out tomorrow and see what I think but I think I'll only get 1 maybe 2??

$50 Pffft!!!!!

Repunzel

petticoat doesnt enlarge my pores and it looks so pretty on.the only 1 i'm not to big on is merrily it doesnt really suit me,i never wear it.pleasanty is beautiful.yeah i saw that grand duos was up this morning,and i was like what the...the us website doesn't have it yet.i'm going to highpoint to check out mooon river.any1 gonna get kitty kouture over here...?

rockin26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repunzel
petticoat doesnt enlarge my pores and it looks so pretty on.the only 1 i'm not to big on is merrily it doesnt really suit me,i never wear it.pleasanty is beautiful.yeah i saw that grand duos was up this morning,and i was like what the...the us website doesn't have it yet.i'm going to highpoint to check out mooon river.any1 gonna get kitty kouture over here...?

You go to Highpoint too eh? I love Broadie in there, she's to sweet and did an awesome job with my makeup last year for a wedding.

Repunzel

ok cool i don't know there names i just hand em a list lol,thats good to know.which grand duos are u going to get rockin?
moonriver appleals to me because 1 side looks like lightscapade msf and i've always wanted it.

rockin26

Hmm, I was thinking about Love Rock and Earth to Earth but who knows, I'll see how they swatch and decide then. I think Moon River might be more pale then I'd like on my cheeks but then I thought that about Blonde MFS and I wear it nearly every day!

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repunzel
any1 gonna get kitty kouture over here...?

Yeah, ordered Dazzlepuss today!

I got the names mixed up before (they all sound similar lol).. I think I am getting

Love Rock
Grand Duo
Intenso (maybe)
Moon River (maybe)

Latest posts