All Floridians! Please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrialyn
Hi
smiles.gif

I live in central florida, hmm like 45 mins from orlando?? Anyway! I wanted to ask all you lovely florida ladies, what store you would recomend better the, (pro?) store at mall at millenia or the one at the florida mall. ... Now I discovered the florida mall has a store, and bare escentials (ooh sp on that one) and sephora! Well, what do you think? Is the one at the florida mall nice? What about selection? ...

I live in Orlando and here is my input for anyone interested.

I prefer the Mall at Millenia store. It's PRO so I can purchase pro products as well as LE products. Because I can purchase pan products there, usually I can leave spending a little less. They are also the MOST helpful and friendly staff of any MAC store I have been to.

The Macy's at the Mall at Millenia also has a MAC counter.

As others have said, a trip to the Mall at Millenia can really hurt your pocket so I make sure to go in strong willed and on a mission (lists help me at MAC). I go to this mall for Macy's, Crate and Barrel, and MAC.

Now the Florida Mall is the place you want to go for one stop shopping. Most locals do not care for this mall because it is usually very busy with LOTS of tourists, so most avoid this mall like the plague. I find this does affect my shopping experience. It's hard to go in for specifics or even casual shopping when it is extremely crowded.

The MAC store is usually very crowded and the MAs are known to have more of an attitude. From my experience working at malls before, I like to think it's because of the stress.

I also love Bare Escentuals so having a store there is great. It's a great place to try out their full line of colors. BUT, it is usually CRAZY busy because people go in to try out the foundations because of the infomercials. The staff there are the nicest you could ever meet, but as someone who usually knows what I want before I walk in, I find the crowds to be a little aggravating. It is one of the few BE stores out there (only in FL?).

Now the Sephora is just a few stores away from BE. I have walked down there and purchased BE (which they carry) because it is usually calmer there. I have seen many people get makeovers with BE at Sephora because they are just too busy at BE. This Sephora is not the best I've been to. Good luck getting help, and the testers there are the nastiest I have ever seen. It really isn't a browsing/trying store because of this, I just order online.

The Florida Mall also has MAC counters at Macy's and Nordstrom's which is great if they are having exclusives.

I'm not a huge fan (obviously) of the Florida Mall, but like I said, it's one stop shopping if you are in town. I love the Dillard's and Steve Madden store there, but I do most of my shopping elsewhere.

Anyone visiting should not pass up the Prime Outlets if they have the time. Awesome deals, lots of designer stores, and don't forget the CCO! It's little and hidden, but don't miss. Not a whole lot of MAC, but it's fun!

Hope this helps anyone visiting!

DevinGirl

I'm in Clearwater!

I live in Clearwater. I usually go to the Westfield Mall here & go to the MAC counter in Dillard's. Anyone close & interested in spending $ with a buddy??
hmm.gif

eighmii

Re: Florida? Please?

Why is nobody in West Palm Beach? Theres probabley atleast 6 counters within 30 minutes, 2 freestanding stores within 30 minutes, a pro store in Miami, 3 Sephoras (theres a new one opening in CityPlace April 20th and I work in CityPlace so I'm REALLY excited.)

This is like.. makeup central. But I'm the only one here.
ssad.gif

MAC_WH0RE

Quote:
Originally Posted by eighmii
Why is nobody in West Palm Beach? Theres probabley atleast 6 counters within 30 minutes, 2 freestanding stores within 30 minutes, a pro store in Miami, 3 Sephoras (theres a new one opening in CityPlace April 20th and I work in CityPlace so I'm REALLY excited.)

This is like.. makeup central. But I'm the only one here.
ssad.gif

I go to PBCC Boca campus which is 10 minutes from town center...I know everybody in there by name. I'm in there once a week =]]

we should go makeup-ing sometime =]
btw: i live in coral springs

eighmii

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_WH0RE
I go to PBCC Boca campus which is 10 minutes from town center...I know everybody in there by name. I'm in there once a week =]]

we should go makeup-ing sometime =]
btw: i live in coral springs

oo! I live right next to the PBCC Lake Worth campus. Everytime I go makeup-ing I go to the Boca store. =] But I just spent $200 like 2 weeks ago, so I'm not letting myself go until C-Shock comes out. Well, unless its an emergency.

starangel2383

im in jacksonville and wouldnt mind driving down to orlando to check out the mall's there. as of right now, jax only has the regular store and a counter in belk. but i have heard rumors that they are putting in a MAC store in the new section of out outdoor mall that is currently under construction in their phase 2. but i dont think it is a Pro store
ssad.gif

FlaLadyB

I'm further up in the Stuart area so I go to the Gardens Mall. I can hit the MAC store, Nordstroms, and Bloomies for MAC and then amble over to Sephoria! Anyone else up in my area? The only store that carries MAC up here is Dillards.

trip75

I'm heading down to Orlando for vacation at the end of Feb. I'm super excited to go to the PRO store. I've only ever been to the counter in Nordstroms. I can't wait!!! I'm dragging my sister in with me. She's fairly new to MAC and I've gotten her totally addicted to fluidlines!

Chelseaa

There is a pro store in Boca? Ahh I didn't know that.
I'm going to Boca Raton/West Palm Beach ish area in March. Definitely stopping at a MAC store, however I'll definitely hit up the pro store if I can find it!

Re: I'm in Clearwater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinGirl
I live in Clearwater. I usually go to the Westfield Mall here & go to the MAC counter in Dillard's. Anyone close & interested in spending $ with a buddy??

hmm.gif

I live like less than 5 minutes from there! That's where I usually go....sometimes I'll go over to International too (if I want to go by Janie and Jack for my daughter)