Antiquitease: Color October 18th '07 Discussion

elegant-one

I just got the Red Romp....LOVE! I normally don't do more colorful lips...but this is gorgeous. Just bought another. I also got Budding Lust - it's very pretty but a little darker plum than most of the pictures/swatches you see. I compared it to Plum Dandy - the Budding Lust has a bit more red undertone and the Plum Dandy has more of a purple undertone. Very Pretty!

styrch

I checked out this collection today. Oddly, I'm not really sure what I thought. I liked Engaging, Earthly Riches, and Family Silver but not any of them so much that I thought I HAD to have them.I don't really have a lot of grays (or any, actually). This might be the time to get one. The Red in Mi'lady was quite pretty but I don't want the purple color and I'd rather hold out for a real red e/s. I wasn't even remotely interestested in Silversmith. But I just don't know. In the past when I've purchased MES I don't really use them often.

The pigments were also a mystery. I loved how they shimmer and glitter the way the Rushmetal pigments did, but I just can't think of a good enough reason to get them. Maybe Sweet Sienna. But I almost want to use my lack of enthusiasm as a reason to FINALLY purchase a full jar of Vanilla. Is that sad?

The lippies were pretty. Queen's Sin reminded me of a redder version Rocking Chick l/s. Her Fancy was pretty but I have other pink l/s (Bombshell came to mind) and I couldn't see myself using it that much. Budding Lust I don't even remember and I know Antiquitease isn't my type of shade. Gilty Kiss - well, that didn't even show up on me.

The lipglasses all looked rather boring to me. I have stuff like this already with the exception of Corsette which I can't make up my mind about.

What is wrong with me???
hmm.gif

j_absinthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_absinthe
I'd probably put it with your more taupe piggies.

Bah! Don't listen to me! I confused Gold Stroke with Sweet Sienna.

Put the latter with your silvers.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDiva
Not really.. It is a smoky grey (kinda taupe-y)!!
pretty.gif

It reminds me of a greyer Mauvement. I could see a difference in the two, and I actually like the former better, but it wasn't so different that I could justify getting a jar. And Gold Stroke, well it's too similar to a lot of frosty brown shadows that I have.

red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danapotter
Okay, I checked out this collection today.

I really could not allow myself to buy anything. It was one of the worst collections I have witnessed since being a MAC addict.
The only thing I was considering was Budding Lust Lipstick. The duos were too shimmery and just boring colors. The lipglosses, were boring. The fluidline was pretty much Gorgeous Gold in a fluidline, which did not interest me.
The pigments were neither here or there, nothing special about them. The nail polish was pretty much the same as a gold one you could get at the 99 cent store.

This is just my own 2 cents.
wavey.gif

I agree
smiles.gif

I got 2 of the piggies, I thought them pretty, but neither had the WOW factor.

p.s. The Feline eye khol (McQueen) was sold out yesterday at the Soho store, it's a killer pencil, got it on line last nite on the site.

tinagrzela

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMittens
Did you see the new necklaces they were all sporting?

Oh gawd. I just really wanted to YANK one off of them I liked them so much D:

What is it? what does it look like?
clap.gif

lian_qiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by talk2mesun
How does everyone think Sweet Sienna compares to Satin Taupe e/s? Or even club e/s?

I wanna know too. Based on the description, it sounds like a pressed version of Satin Taupe

talk2mesun

Also, can someone compare Gold Stroke to other brown pigments or eyeshadows? Plus, what is its consistency like? (copperclast, copper sparkle, chocolate brown,etc)

keik614

i just posted a swatch on my MUA profile
http://img.makeupalley.com/5/0/1/5/787296.JPG

(from Left-->Satin Taupe, Sweet Sienna, and Club)

that has a comparison picture of satin taupe, sweet sienna and club.

in my opinion, sweet sienna is more goldish grey and may have a hint of olive in it. (on my NW15 PPP skin)

im sorry my description sucks but i hope that helps!
smiles.gif

Dark_Phoenix

They had the colors behind in the counter with other stocked items but no swatches so I purcahsed blind.
Got Mi'lady e/s, Queen's Sin l/s... Bare Study pot and All That Glitters e/s.

Mi'lady is a SUPER nice red with Luna ccb to maximize the intensity. Very wearable because it's not such a "flat" red. The purple is okay, kind of "eh" on it.

Queen's Sin l/s is very metallic. I mean, it looks gorgeous, goes on well but it's something that reminds me of CB 96 l/s... because of how frosty it is (note: it's a blue/blood red, not at all orange).

Nothing else interested me right now, except maybe Sweet Siena pig, Family Silver, and Engaged. I think the Earthly Riches look craptastic... Not a nice purple at all, imo. The fluidline was okay, I can wait until it's cheaper on eBay to buy it.

syrene78

Gold Stroke is like chocolate brown but with some silver sparkle in it.
It has frost texture.
Very pretty!
Sweet Sienna is very unique to my opinion. I can't think of one particular color to compare it too. Great for a smokey eye!

Shimmer

I got Mi' Lady and Uppity. I'm probably going to get the pigments, but haven't committed. Yet.
smiles.gif

And, I love Engaging...but like the girl said, it's something like amber lights, so I skipped over it. :/ (Plus my wallet wheezed a little, it's that time of month...)

SMMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrene78
Gold Stroke is like chocolate brown but with some silver sparkle in it.
It has frost texture.
Very pretty!
Sweet Sienna is very unique to my opinion. I can't think of one particular color to compare it too. Great for a smokey eye!

Maybe not in the MAC line, but from pictures I've seen it looks very simailar to Stila's Diamond Lil. I can swatch the two after I receive Sweet Sienna in the mail.

Beauty Mark

I ended up ordering Red Romp, Corsette, and Earthly Riches.

Red Romp is very beautiful red. It looks like a true red on me. I *think* I could probably find a similar shade that isn't LE in a number of brands, but it's nice and I don't have to trial and error shop.

Corsette is a lot more metallic than I thought. It also, IMO, looks kind of deep lavender. It looks good on me, though, so again, I'm not unhappy with it.

Earthly Riches is okay. The purple looks more muted than I expected. It has decent pay off, though. I'm kind of disappointed in the veining. At least in mine, it's very subtle.

elegant-one

I got the Red Romp too (2 of them). I think it is stunning on & much better than the lipstick...softer, fresher, and more modern looking than a heavy lipstick imo - and this way I think it's totally day-wearable for a red.

BunnyBunnyBunny

I dunno if anyone has said this or not, but I think that Queen's Sin looks like the classier, less slutty sister of Rocking Chick (from Barbie Loves MAC). Hahahahahaha... xD Sorry if that offended anyone!! I have them both and they're gorgeous, just one is metallic-frosty unique red, and the other is metallic-frosty unique pink!!

aziajs

I got Mi' Lady and love it. The MA actually suggested using the red on the lips over a red lipstick. She had done this with Queen's Sin. It was really pretty. I used Dubonnet. Then I toped it with Ornamentalism. I really like it! I am wearing it tommorow.

On another note, I am REALLY bummed because my Mi' Lady shadow is almost 2/3 purple and 1/3 red.
ssad.gif

I bought it because I love the red. I should have taken it back before I decided to play with it but I just couldn't wait. I guess I'll get a backup and just make sure that the ratio is more 1/2 & 1/2.

Danapotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I got Mi' Lady and love it. The MA actually suggested using the red on the lips over a red lipstick. She had done this with Queen's Sin. It was really pretty. I used Dubonnet. Then I toped it with Ornamentalism. I really like it! I am wearing it tommorow.

On another note, I am REALLY bummed because my Mi' Lady shadow is almost 2/3 purple and 1/3 red.
ssad.gif

I bought it because I love the red. I should have taken it back before I decided to play with it but I just couldn't wait. I guess I'll get a backup and just make sure that the ratio is more 1/2 & 1/2.

For Mi' Lady it really depends. I have gone to 3 different stores and they all look different. One had all purple and a touch of red. One had all red with 1/3 purple. One has all red with purple veining. It really depends.
wavey.gif

juicyaddict

I love love Queen's Sin, one of the best reds I have seen so far! I love the red pigments in it. I also got Your ladyship and Gold Stroke pigments.