Antiquitease: Color October 18th '07 Discussion

BloodMittens

I agree Queen's Sin is a gorgeous red color. I really like Her Fancy too
greengrin.gif
It looks great on me, I know a lot of people were bummed that it was so glazy and not very opaque, but I think it's great
greengrin.gif

j_absinthe

I got a nifty, gilded invite thingie in the mail this afternoon; just a head's up to the new collections. It's very cute.

Krasevayadancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_absinthe
I got a nifty, gilded invite thingie in the mail this afternoon; just a head's up to the new collections. It's very cute.

Ohhh, I want one too!!!

Macnarsandlove

I was just wondering if anyone knows how queens sin l/s compares to red no 5 from mac couture? they look very similar and i am debating buying queens sin. thanks

Lisa J

I've got a couple of questions...

So I ordered a whole bunch of this collection online the night that it came out - that would be 2 weeks ago today.... and I finally just received it in the mail! There was quite a screw up with UPS that made me wait so long, and MAC had to send me a whole new order. Anyways, one of the items I ordered, 'Antiquitease' lipstick, was not there and instead I got an 'Antiquitease Khol eyeliner'. First of all, I don't remember seeing anywhere that there was an Antiquitease eye khol even being sold. So question #1 is, does anyone know anything about an Antiquitease eye khol? Second question is, does anyone have the Antiquitease lipstick and is it worth my while to contact themn again and demand that they send me the lipstick I actually ordered?

Thanks!

syrene78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa J

So I ordered a whole bunch of this collection online the night that it came out - that would be 2 weeks ago today.... and I finally just received it in the mail! There was quite a screw up with UPS that made me wait so long, and MAC had to send me a whole new order. Anyways, one of the items I ordered, 'Antiquitease' lipstick, was not there and instead I got an 'Antiquitease Khol eyeliner'. First of all, I don't remember seeing anywhere that there was an Antiquitease eye khol even being sold. So question #1 is, does anyone know anything about an Antiquitease eye khol? Second question is, does anyone have the Antiquitease lipstick and is it worth my while to contact themn again and demand that they send me the lipstick I actually ordered?

Thanks!

Another screw up with MAC orders...
Every single time that I order, something is missing, broken, opened pigments
thmbdn.gif
and other bad experiences these days with them...
Anyway, I think that you must have gotten the "Antiquity" technakohl liner, not Antiquitease. There is no such thing.
MAC customer service will probably offer you to keep it for free at least.

Lisa J

Oh yes, that must be what I got. So is the Antiquity liner in the permanent line?

I am so annoyed. I can't believe the annoyance I've already gone through for this order. Ugh, I am heading off to San Diego and then Toronto on Friday too - I'm not going to be here anymore to be receiving the right order! haha, no more on-line ordering for me!

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa J

Thanks!

Wow, I'm sorry you had so many problems with your order. I order MAC online all the time and have never had a single problem. I do have Antiquitease lipstick and yes, I think it's really nice and would be worth your time to still pursue. Good luck!

user79

I bought Red Romp lipglass and Uppity Fluidline. I looove Red Romp l/g, I layer it over this deep maroon Nars lipstick I have for a vampy look.

As for Uppity....it looks gorgeous but this hardly shows up on me!! I think it's because I'm so fair. It looks more yellow than gold on me. I am a bit disappointed.
ssad.gif
Any of you other fair skinned ladies have this problem? I think it would look gorgeous on deeper skin tones, or olives. But right now....I'm thinking of returning it. What to do?

Esperanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
As for Uppity....it looks gorgeous but this hardly shows up on me!! I think it's because I'm so fair. It looks more yellow than gold on me. I am a bit disappointed.
ssad.gif
Any of you other fair skinned ladies have this problem? I think it would look gorgeous on deeper skin tones, or olives. But right now....I'm thinking of returning it. What to do?

Have you tried wearing it on top of a dark e/s, like Mulch for ex? That way it will bring out the colour. I don't own Uppity but I have Brassy fluidline (which is a little bit more darker I presume) and I have nearly the same problem with my skintone: so I use it only with dark e/s, even with carbon, and the constrast is really nice at the end.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperanza
Have you tried wearing it on top of a dark e/s, like Mulch for ex? That way it will bring out the colour. I don't own Uppity but I have Brassy fluidline (which is a little bit more darker I presume) and I have nearly the same problem with my skintone: so I use it only with dark e/s, even with carbon, and the constrast is really nice at the end.

That's what I was thinking too. Does it go on opaque on top of dark shadows or does the dark shadow show through? It would be nice if it was really contrasting.

Esperanza

Quote:
That's what I was thinking too. Does it go on opaque on top of dark shadows or does the dark shadow show through? It would be nice if it was really contrasting.

When I put Brassy f/l on top of brownish e/s, it tends to fade a bit because it's the same range of colour. You will probably have the same problem with Uppity so my advice is to use really contrasting colours.
When I use it with Carbon, it is just beautiful!! Here's a tip: use a good base before applying your dark e/s (I recommend a neutral one like Agnes B. Eye colour Base) and then, gently tap your eyeliner brush on your eyelid over the e/s along the lashline (don't try to make it slide): that way the base colour won't move and the eyeliner will be perfectly opaque.

j_absinthe

Quote:
I bought Red Romp lipglass and Uppity Fluidline. I looove Red Romp l/g, I layer it over this deep maroon Nars lipstick I have for a vampy look.

ssad.gif

When an MA at MAC used Uppity on my sister's eyes, I couldn't even tell if and where she used it-she used it on top of Ladyship pigment. However, when she winged it out across the darker plum of the Earthly Riches, you could tell it was there much easier-btw, that plum with Uppity is hot.

foxyqt

is the gold side of the Engaging duo similar to the gold side of last year's Heat/Element duo?

Danapotter

So, I bought Earthly Riches today, it was too beautiful to resist! Even my mom, who does not wear a lot of makeup, said it was beautiful and she might need to borrow it! So, I got this an Mi' Lady. I do not think I will buy anything else from this collection though!

etooz

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyqt
is the gold side of the Engaging duo similar to the gold side of last year's Heat/Element duo?

I have the duo-- I wouldn't even call it a gold, really. It's an almost copper shade. I don't know if it's like the duo you are talking about, but I'd say it's just very warm, almost the color of a new penny.

EDIT: I just looked at your location. Okay, uh...yeah, I'll just go with copper.

styrch

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyqt

I didn't really think they were alike at all. Honestly, between the two I liked the gold of Heath/Element much better.

Krasevayadancer

As a girl who has both heat/element and engaging they are completely diff! We are talking orange gold in heat element vs a more yellow gold in the engaging duo.