Attention UK girls!

Eemaan

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
SOS.gif

puke.gif

as easy as blowdrying depotting is, i detest doing it. why do they do this to us?

turtle_pixie_

I know I know. It's soo hard to get magnets here so there's really no point
but they don't make them in pro pan form as it wouldn't be worth it. not enough people would buy them and in the end they would have lots of dc shadows around for months, even years, to come!

Hikaru-chan

When to my local counter on Saturday and they said the 2nd which is tomorrow a lot earlier than I was previously told.

Sushi_Flower

Yep, just like Philosopher, i don't have the time and money to go to Leeds with just the hope that it might be there, because if it isn't there then i can't go back again so i really will miss out.
I can't believe how unorganised and badly informed the SAs are. I went for my makeover at Leeds in the first week of December and the manager didn't even know what Lingerie was at that time and seemed quite embarassed and maybe annoyed that i said i had seen pics of the stuff and aren't the MSFs great. I felt quite bad after that! MAC should slow down as everything always seems so hectic and some SAs barely get to know about the products before serving customers.

turtle_pixie_

ita with sushi
and i'm a teeeny bit scared that i won't be able to get the stuff cos i was supposed to be going out tomorrow but i don't think it will happen. sigh
i emailed harvey nichs in edinburgh about the collection, hope they get back to me before tomorrow

poddygirl

Don't *you* feel bad Sushi Flower! The SAs need to be a bit better involved and concerned with new products etc. I know the collections come out fast but that's not really an excuse for poor custumer service. If I were a MAC SA and had a customer like you (or anyone on Specktra really!) who was knowledgable about the products I would be ecstatic. Is there another MAC shop/counter you can go to? Sounds like your current one isn't doing you any favors. And shopping for MAC should be a fun thing!
smiles.gif
I suppose it will be better once the UK site is up and mail order is an option. Thanksfully I am moving back to the States in a few months and will live very close to 2 MAC shops - have grown quite tired of having to wait for stuff to come out over here
ssad.gif

Glitziegal

Cardiff stand alone store was open today and I was their first customer of the new year. Which also meant I was first to buy Lingerie etc.
I am loving this collection.
smiles.gif

Sushi_Flower

Ooh lucky you Glitzie - i looke forward to seeing an FOTD

I wish there were other MAC counters i could visit but i'm lucky enough to be able to visit my current one as it is, as i only get to go regularly while i'm at uni (i'm not right now, hence worrying which day it will be out). Apart from the guy who treated me badly, the other SAs are perfectly fine and lovely and give good service but there doesn't seem to be that much passion or excitement from them about the company and i feel that i am more into the company than them and also sometimes know more about products than them. I don't mean to complain or anything but it is a wierd and uncomfortable experience to visit a counter time and time again and be the one that knows more about collections alot of the times and also build up lots of excitment about collections here with fellow fans and MAC employees and then not get much passion and a fun experience from the SAs i visit when i do actually go to MAC. Maybe it's because they're just around the stuff so much that they're not so excited about it?
MAC SAs from the US seem much more passionate and knowledgable from all the comments i hear about them here.
Oh well i'm just glad i get to visit a MAC counter..

Back to the subject, seen as noone knows for sure about Leeds HK yet then doesn't look like i'll be going tomorrow..?

Sushi_Flower

Oh Blueglitter i love you! Please let us know if it's there ASAP, it's too late for me to prepare to go tomorrow now even if i knew it was going to be there.

Estellea

Well I've been to my local mac, and I'm not too happy. Firstly there was no Black Tied's available, push-up plum was substitued by a different lipstick, and there were no postcards. And I were the first on to see the collection! Only ended up spending £50 of a planned £100. I might check in over the next few days to see if the items I wanted materialise, but it's rediculous they're not there on the first day of release.

blueglitter

I just spoke to the Leeds store and the lingerie is there ready to purchase BUT they have only received 3/4 of the collection. Bummer! but that still means there is lots to buy!!
smiles.gif

turtle_pixie_

hof in glasgow never got it! and they said they won't have it for 2 weeks! arrr very pissed off. this has not been a good day. my train was cancelled, the next one delayed and in the rush to get to mac, i got off at the wrong stop! sigh

Hikaru-chan

My local freestanding counter had the full collection on display today but were out of Pro Palette Black Tied and Idol Eyes.
Also suprised to see Tint Toon were out they are so pretty.

Sushi_Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueglitter
I just spoke to the Leeds store and the lingerie is there ready to purchase BUT they have only received 3/4 of the collection. Bummer! but that still means there is lots to buy!!
smiles.gif

Aaargh why do they do that? They shouldn't put it out with stuff missing at all! Any idea what stuff they have and haven't got? I'm almost certain to be goin tomorrow while i pick up some books and if they don't have the stuff i want then i'll be soo annoyed, i'll ask if they could save me some stuff as i won't be back till a week later but they've only done that for over a weekend before.

turtle_pixie_

You lucky people
ssad.gif
But i emailed the Edinburgh Harveu nichs and they have it so I'm going ot make the long trip there on thursday, i hope that they aren't sold out of naything :/

Sushi_Flower

Yaaay, i went to HN Leeds today and they had Lingerie! But they didn't have Naked You and 2 of the Lipsticks. I didn't mind that much as i wasn't planning on getting those things but it's quiet annoying to put out a brand new collection display out half empty!

Anyway Petticoat looked better than i thought it'd be so i got that, Slip Pink didn't look as good as i thought it'd be, too much shimmer to me and seemed to apply quite lilacy on skin instead of the fleshy, muted pink i thought it was so i only got one but that may all be due to the insane artificial annoying lighting at MAC counters.
Flirty Number looked better than i thought, more plumy than grey but i resisted getting it as i find it hard to pull off dark dirty colours, and Goldenaire looked BEAUTIFULL in the pot..but when applied on skin went all washed out and too light for me so i didn't get it which is a pity as it really looks beautifull in the pot. I might change my mind and get it next week though.
I wasn't planning on getting Naked You but i really wanted to test it out, not sure when they're getting it and if i could still get to see it.

They also have Tint Toons in today and i was the first to see them (noone notices them by the till!) but they didn't have Clarice (the most popular one! Typical!) and the SAs didn't even realise there was one missing or the names and said they had some unopened boxes so that might be why.

They also still don't have Studio Fix in NC42 and haven't had it for the last 6 weeks! They said it's still being made.. :confused: Surely they don't order stuff to be specially made to order! I'm guessing theres some problem at MAC headquarters with the shade? I've got Studio Tech so i'm ok foundation wise and just wanted it as an alternative finish foundation but i can't imagine how annoying it could be for someone who really needs that foundation in that shade!

Also Leeds still have alot of the Ornamentalism collection (well that's my guess from most of the display still out) but they don't have Pearlette Pearlizer..which i'm glad sold out a few weeks back just before i was going to buy it as i would now regret it. They also have Teddy Babe Lipstick! (displayed with Ornamentalism) And i've been wondering what the replica is as i liked mine but the Amplified texture is getting on my nerves so i'll pass on a backup.

turtle_pixie_

I am so angry. I emailed my counter. the collection was out yesterday! i was told 2 weeks. this is not fair. i can't afford all of my haul right now and had to make the decision to go to edinbrugh instead. i have frasers vouchers so i was oging to spend them in 2 weeks with the collection! hope that i can go after school one say when im back and get something
ssad.gif