B2M - Read before posting questions about Back to MAC.

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
Do you know if you can B2M for Mattenes at a counter? Technically they are a lipstick, but I am not sure.

I was able to do it once before, but then the next time I went it was a NO! Same counter, different person. I hate how the rules are always changing! I would call and ask your specific counter.

enfusraye

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizz-marcy
Ditto to the bolded. I just called my local freestanding store, and the MA said they "prefer" them with the metal pans in, but you can return just the plastic...i'm going tomorrow!!!

yup! my local pro store said the same thing!! yay!!!

(scoops together all the depotted blushes from last night)

MzFit

It would be great if MAC put together B2M rules somewhere for customers to see (print off) so you were not at the mercy of the MUA at the counter.

hello_kitty

If I recall right, Tat2dbeauty07 has gotten MES as her freebies before.

When I B2M, I just tell them I have 6 empties that I would like to turn in for a shadow (I always get shadows). That's about all I have to say!
smiles.gif

MzFit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Goat Etc.
Have people really been successful in getting MES through B2M!?

Give me the language to use at my counter, if so!

What??? I got some depotting to do if you can B2M for MES style black here I come?
yahoo.gif
Is this true???? OMG

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Goat Etc.
Have people really been successful in getting MES through B2M!?

Give me the language to use at my counter, if so!

I think you can get them at stores but not counters.

hello_kitty

Counters you can only get lipsticks.

Freestanding stores you can get an eyeshadow, lipgloss, or lipstick. (Sorry if I wasn't clear in my last post)

I successfully B2M'd for a MES at a store tonight.

I dunno, I kinda find it strange that you can get a MES for a freebie since it's a $19 product. But whatever, I got one so I'm not complaining, haha.

TISH1124

^^ Yes because I was told it is considered an Eyeshadow Pot...and eyeshadow pots are B2M'able...Not complaining either I B2M for those & the Dazzleglass Cremes

so it's basically any lipstick, lipgloss...lipglass, lipgelee, dazzleglass, cremeglass etc....At least at my MAC pro store here

MES, Eyeshadow Pot

MzFit

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_kitty

Freestanding stores you can get an eyeshadow, lipgloss, or lipstick. (Sorry if I wasn't clear in my last post)

I dunno, I kinda find it strange that you can get a MES for a freebie since it's a $19 product. But whatever, I got one so I'm not complaining, haha.

Well you can B2M for Dazzelglasses not sure how much USD they are but I know there expensive. I am totally calling ahead to a store to see if they will let me B2M for MES OMG OMG now I can't sleep. LOL

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzFit
Well you can B2M for Dazzelglasses not sure how much USD they are but I know there expensive. I am totally calling ahead to a store to see if they will let me B2M for MES OMG OMG now I can't sleep. LOL

the item you can b2m for has nothing to do with price point. the price ranges from $14-$21.

what you can b2m for is limited to certain products, not prices.

MzFit

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
the item you can b2m for has nothing to do with price point. the price ranges from $14-$21.

what you can b2m for is limited to certain products, not prices.

I see so are MES aloud or is it another case by case thing where some MAC's stores will and other wont?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzFit
I see so are MES aloud or is it another case by case thing where some MAC's stores will and other wont?

unfortunately, its both. it is allowable (in the US at least), but as others have posted on here, some locations aren't allowing them. some won't allow LE items either, even tho they're allowable according to policy.

i'd do what some have done and email mac corporate directly, asking what is and isn't allowable. then just take a printoff of their response with you, so that if they refuse, and it is allowable according to mac corporate, you can just whip it out and show em (i totally meant for that to sound
graucho.gif
)!

MzFit

Quote:
unfortunately, its both. it is allowable (in the US at least), but as others have posted on here, some locations aren't allowing them. some won't allow LE items either, even tho they're allowable according to policy.

i'd do what some have done and email mac corporate directly, asking what is and isn't allowable. then just take a printoff of their response with you, so that if they refuse, and it is allowable according to mac corporate, you can just whip it out and show em (i totally meant for that to sound
graucho.gif
)!

LOL awesome thaks so much.

MzFit

Quote:

graucho.gif
)!

I am so excited about to jump out of my skin so I contact MAC chat online
Chat Transcript
info: Welcome to MAC Cosmetics Online. Your personal Makeup Artist will be with you shortly.
info: Hello. Thank you for your interest in MAC Cosmetics. My name is Stacey. How may I assist you?
Dayna : Hi I have some questions regarding back to MAC. Are depotted eye shadow containers allowed? Can you back to MAC for any potted MAC eye shadow including limited addition and mineralized eye shadows? Also can you back to MAC for dazzelglass crème’s?
Stacey:[SIZE=+0] Hi Dayna. Where will you be recycling?[/SIZE]
Dayna : yes
Stacey:[SIZE=+0] Where will you be recycling? A store, a counter, or online?[/SIZE]
Dayna : a MAC free standing store
Stacey:[SIZE=+0] Thank you. I recommend contacting them directly for assistance regarding their policies as online the only item available to choose for Back 2 MAC is the lipsticks.[/SIZE]
Dayna : oh i thought that the policy would be know by customer service for the stores as well
Stacey:[SIZE=+0] For the eye shadow containers, they do not need to include the pans.[/SIZE]
Dayna : ok
Stacey:[SIZE=+0] I can provide you with the number for customer service.[/SIZE]
Stacey:[SIZE=+0] Please contact 1-800-387-6707 or via email from our contact us page. Our Representatives are available 24 hours a day and are better able to assist you.[/SIZE]
Dayna : ok thank you
Stacey:[SIZE=+0] As a thank you for chatting with us, I would like to offer complimentary Standard shipping and Zoom Lash sample with your next MAC Cosmetics Online purchase. Please enter the one-time use offer code Lash109ca during the checkout process (Canadian Residents only). When you close the chat window by clicking on the "Close" button, you will be able to request that a copy of this chat be emailed to you as well as answer a few questions about your experience. Thank you for your visit![/SIZE]
info: Thank you for chatting with us. If we can be of further assistance, please contact us again.

Then I called one of the stores I go to a lot and asked about MES and yes you can! Awesome cause last night I couldn't sleep and finished depoting. LOL Now over my lunch hour I will be in Style Black heavin. OMG Erin thank you so much for the all the info you are amazing.
smiles.gif

chickatthegym

^I got denied for both the depots AND the MES at the MAC store in Naples. Then in Tampa, she let me B2M the pots without pans but I had to buy the MES and she gave me my lipglass for free. I am never going to the Naples store again (not just bc of that, I've only once ever had a friendly MA).

I wish MAC would just have ONE policy for B2M that every store could go by. It would be much easier!