B2M - Read before posting questions about Back to MAC.

Tat2dbeauty07

I got Earthy Riches, Cinderfella, Young Punk and Gilt by Associated from B2Ming. I called my store ahead of time and asked I also chatted with a live chat rep most say no but one told me yes and I saved the convo and printed it out for future refferance. Im plan on doing some more B2Ming on the 15th Im hoping to get Young Punk since the last Young Punk I got for a friend who went with me to the MAC store.

I also scored an actual MAC gift card last night on ebay 250.00 for 160.00 the chick was legit to she said shes just not into MAC and wanted to get rid of it lucky me
smiles.gif
theirs my money for my gift sets that come out the 15th.

MzFit

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickatthegym
^I got denied for both the depots AND the MES at the MAC store in Naples. Then in Tampa, she let me B2M the pots without pans but I had to buy the MES and she gave me my lipglass for free. I am never going to the Naples store again (not just bc of that, I've only once ever had a friendly MA).

I wish MAC would just have ONE policy for B2M that every store could go by. It would be much easier!

I did send a note to MAC's customer service saying something should be posted for customers so they clearly understand the policy. It does suck that every store is diffrent. It all depends I guess how nice the manager of the store is cause every time I have had a B2M question the MA asks there manager. Anyone in Toronto the Bay/Bloor MAC store is super nice but that has always been my experience there.

MzFit

I got a reply on my email to MAC:
"At a MAC free standing store can you back to MAC for any potted MAC eye shadow including limited addition and mineralized eye shadows? Also can you back to MAC for dazzelglass crème’s as well as dazzelglasses?"

Quote:
Hello Dayna:

Thank you for your inquiry about MAC Cosmetics Online.

We appreciate the opportunity to explain the expanded Back to MAC program available at MAC retail locations. When you provide your name and address/email address to be entered into the CRM database, you will now have the option of choosing from 3 product categories when returning 6 empty MAC primary packaging containers. By returning six [6] empty MAC primary packaging containers to a MAC Store, you will now be able to choose any Lipstick (excluding any of the Viva Glam Lipsticks), Clear or Tinted Lipglass (excluding Viva Glam Lipglasses) or a Small Eye Shadow (excluding Mineralize Duo and Pro Palettes).

Only Customers who provide their complete information will be eligible for the expanded Back to MAC Program. The expanded program will only be honoured at MAC Stores. The standard Back to MAC program still applies to Customers who do not provide their complete information or who send their empties to MAC Cosmetics Online.

If you have already provided your complete contact information to your store, you are eligible for the expanded Back to MAC program, regardless of when your information was added into the database.

We hope you will continue to visit us at MAC Cosmetics Online. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

Kindest regards,

Ann
MAC Cosmetics Online
Customer Service

I guess I got lucky not sure cause it says MES duo's the style blacks are not duo's. So anyways I guess that is the offical policy anything else MA's do there just being nice or probably not up to speed on the policy. I did hear another MA at the store this afternoon letting her customer B2M for a dazzelglass creme.

Hi, Anyone know the turnaround for doing Back to MAC online? I filled out the form and sent my empties in last week. Are they pretty good at sending your first request? Any info appreciated.

macaddict83

I was browsing the MAC Counter at my Nordies today and overheard the following conversation.

(Now I don't know if the SA was misinformed or MAC counter policies have changed)

Customer: I would like to B2M these lipsticks.
SA: Okay, but do you have the box?
Customer: For these 3 no, but the others yes.
SA: I can not take the ones without the box. Let me see the others.
Customer: (shows SA the ones in boxes)
SA: These are from Bloomies. I can not accept these either.
(At this point I was getting annoyed listening in)
Customer: Why is that?
SA: That is not our policy, we only B2M on MAC products we sell.
Customer: (Had a frustrated look on her face at this point)

1. Since when do the lippies have to be in boxes?
2. Who does this SA think she is?
3. Did Nordies policies on B2M really change?
4. I've tried to give boxes back and I am told they don't take them.

I think the customer should have just gone to the FS store as there is one in the mall.

thiscarmen

Hmm this is really strange, but today I asked my counter if I could B2M for a lipstick, and she told me that counters can only B2M for eyeshadows.

afloresm13

As far as I know, MAC freestanding stores will allow you to B2M for an e/s, lipstick, or lipgloss. MAC counters (Macys, Nordies, etc) only do lipsticks.

I never heard of counters requiring boxes for b2m as well (or rejecting b2m empties bc they were purchased at another store) but I'd definitely ask a manager what their written b2m policy is...it doesn't seem right that they would reject b2m's purchased at other stores.. they're all MAC, aren't they? hmmm.

I'm also wondering about B2M online.. has anyone tried it, and does it take a long time?

GlamQueen21

My MAC freestanding store takes all kinds of empties. I'm going to depot my special packaging eyeshadows soon when I buy another eyeshadow palette.

forevernars

I'm sorry if this has been answered already but can you b2m eyeliner pencils? I have a used up feline eyeliner and wanted to know if it's b2mable? lol

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by forevernars
I'm sorry if this has been answered already but can you b2m eyeliner pencils? I have a used up feline eyeliner and wanted to know if it's b2mable? lol

it has been asked, and no you can't.

the only pencils that you can b2m are the twist ups-technakohls and cremestick lipliners.

UPDATE- It took about 3 weeks to get the lipsticks I requested by filling out the online form and sending in my empties. I received both my first choices- Naked Paris Lustre and Hold the Pose.

lenchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiscarmen
Hmm this is really strange, but today I asked my counter if I could B2M for a lipstick, and she told me that counters can only B2M for eyeshadows.

the ma's at your counter misinformed you. At MAC freestanding stores you can B2M eyeshadows, lipsticks, lipglosses, including the dazzleglass creme.

Folie

I have a B2M question. I bought an eyebag. The eyebags have a full size fludline and pigment. I was thinking of putting the pigments in containers because it's easier and don't like the fludline at all. Can I B2M the containers? Do they count as two or as 1? Also, do mascare tubes count because I got those too and don't like them. So, would mascara, pigment container, and fludline count as one or three?

Folie

Question about B2M

I have a B2M question. I posted it in the thread, but no one answered. I bought an eyebag. The eyebags have a full size fludline and pigment. I was thinking of putting the pigments in containers because it's easier and don't like the fludline at all. Can I B2M the containers? Do they count as two empties or as 1 empty?

Makeup Emporium

Re: Question about B2M

If you don't like the fluidline you should try selling it here on Specktra...someone else may like the colour. As long as the containers are full sized then they can be used for B2M.

fallenang3l211

Re: Question about B2M

i agree, try selling the fluidline on specktra. as long as its full size stuff, you can b2m them. if its the pigment sets or lip sets, you have to have all 5 when you b2m. and all 5 mini pigments or lipglosses only count as 1 b2m item