B2M - Read before posting questions about Back to MAC.

StarrySim

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC.girl
Can you B2M the zoomlash samples?

Generally mini or travel size products aren't eligible for B2M. Except for the holiday mini sets (mini pigments, lipglasses), all the minis together count as one item. AFAIK, the sample size mascaras aren't eligible.

LittleMaryJane

Ok, this is probably a stupid question (blame it on me being tired
tong.gif
) but in that list, does that mean the stuff you can get w/your b2m empties or is it the empties that are accepted? Because if it's the latter... Eek

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane
Ok, this is probably a stupid question (blame it on me being tired
tong.gif
) but in that list, does that mean the stuff you can get w/your b2m empties or is it the empties that are accepted? Because if it's the latter... Eek

The list is what products you are able to exchange your B2M's for.

kayley123

Oh boo, no more B2Ming for Lipgelees either! I guess since they seem to be phasing them out anyway though, any new ones will probably be LE, like the Lillyland ones from earlier this year...

HOTasFCUK

Blah i'm kicking myself in the ass for not going sooner to B2M for cremesheens or more dazzleglasses but everytime i went, Boy Bait was never in stock!

StarrySim- which store in Toronto did you go to? I usually go to the one at Scarborough Town Centre.

StarrySim

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
Blah i'm kicking myself in the ass for not going sooner to B2M for cremesheens or more dazzleglasses but everytime i went, Boy Bait was never in stock!

StarrySim- which store in Toronto did you go to? I usually go to the one at Scarborough Town Centre.

I go to the Eaton Centre and Fairview most of the time. Occasionally Yorkdale, but it's not as convenient because I live on the Yonge subway line. I haven't been to the pro store on Queen St yet, and I work right downtown! Gotta do it soon, and will try to B2M for a cremesheen glass - you never know! I wanted to B2M for more as well, but as you said, many of them are never in stock. The Bay counter has them all, but not the freestanding. I wanted Just Superb and one or two from In The Groove. so sad now
ssad.gif

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySim
I go to the Eaton Centre and Fairview most of the time. Occasionally Yorkdale, but it's not as convenient because I live on the Yonge subway line. I haven't been to the pro store on Queen St yet, and I work right downtown! Gotta do it soon, and will try to B2M for a cremesheen glass - you never know! I wanted to B2M for more as well, but as you said, many of them are never in stock. The Bay counter has them all, but not the freestanding. I wanted Just Superb and one or two from In The Groove. so sad now
ssad.gif

I'm going to try STC tomorrow and hope they aren't catching on with the new guidelines just yet LOL hopefully they will do it but if not i'll have to get something else.

StarrySim

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
I'm going to try STC tomorrow and hope they aren't catching on with the new guidelines just yet LOL hopefully they will do it but if not i'll have to get something else.

Let me know if it worked
smiles.gif

my_adored

I just recently depotted all my MAC eye shadows. Thirty in total. I called my MAC shop and they said they would take them depotted. But will they take all thirty at once for B2M??

equus18

Can I still use the Studio Fix Fluid Foundation bottle without the screw-on cover for B2M? Stupid me threw it out a long time ago because I had purchased the pump.

Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_kitty
You CAN B2M the special packaging... I think that's what she was asking is if you can turn it in to recycle. I've B2M'd tons of empty pots that were special packaging.

You just can't receive something in special packaging as your freebie.

Yeah, this is what I meant. Thank you!!

Bella Mac

Just wanted to say that I back2mac'd eyeshadow pots without the metal pan last week and they did'nt say anything.

Teggy

I'm in the process of moving, so clearing out old crap I don't use has been part of my daily regimen. I used the trick of melting my old Aura lipstick (like silver tube old!) into a sample container, burning two of my fingers in the process, ouch! But that was one more container to B2M. I'm kicking myself though because I couldn't find my Film Noir lipstick to do the same. I hope I didn't toss it out.

I brought in my items and got a Media lipstick. The MA didn't even bother to look at what I had given her because she was busy. I was a little worried about giving back two depotted shadows, but I guess it didn't matter to her. *shrug*

Flaminbird

Well today I tried to B2M for an e/s and they girl whom I never saw before told me they werent accepting the empty depots
ssad.gif
. I was so upset about it! Its where I've been doing my B2M for the last 2 yrs
ssad.gif

Flaminbird

Update. I just got onto Live Chat to ask about what happened to me on Saturday and what the girl told me was wrong at the MAC store
ssad.gif
She told me the ONLY thing they dont except is the metal pan but all the plastic parts they do. Next time I will have the plastic part like the rep suggested.

Welcome to MAC Cosmetics Online. Your personal Makeup Artist will be with you shortly.
Hello. Thank you for your interest in MAC Cosmetics. My name is Jara. How may I assist you?
Michelle: Hi Jara. I had a question about an experience I had at a store this weekend when I tried to B2M
Jara: Hi Michelle!
Michelle: I took in 5 empty depotted eyeshadow pots and the girl told me I was not allowed because they were depotted. This is the first I've heard of this
Michelle: I've taken my depotted eyeshadows many times to this store
Jara: The official rules are that the packaging needs to be whole. Some stores are very literal about this. Feel free to return them online if you wish.
Michelle: ok that would be great.
Michelle: Yes the only thing missing was the middle plastic pan and metal pan
Jara: For information on the Back-to-MAC recycling program, please click here.
Michelle: ok thanks!
Jara: This link will show you how to return online.
Michelle: ok thank you. I will do that.
Jara: Is there anything else I may assist you with today?
Michelle: no that's all. I was afraid that the young girl whom I've never seen before wasnt quite correct in what she told me. She told me it was a brand new policy

JanineDesiree

Can I B2M an item that is practically full but expired?
I have a full and never used Select Tint SPF 15 that expired Nov 2009. Should I empty it first or would have a more enviro-friendly way of doing it then me just putting it down a drain?

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanineDesiree
Can I B2M an item that is practically full but expired?
I have a full and never used Select Tint SPF 15 that expired Nov 2009. Should I empty it first or would have a more enviro-friendly way of doing it then me just putting it down a drain?

It doesn't matter if a product is expired or full, you can still B2M it at any time.
smiles.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbh02b
I purchased the stacked 1 pigments from the colour forecast does that count as 1, 2 or 4 B2M ? Thanks!
smiles.gif

you must have all 4 pieces, and they only count as one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC.girl
Can you B2M the zoomlash samples?

no. these do not count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by equus18
Can I still use the Studio Fix Fluid Foundation bottle without the screw-on cover for B2M? Stupid me threw it out a long time ago because I had purchased the pump.

yes, you can recycle it without the lid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baton
does anyone know if those eyelash containers are part of b2m or not? also what about MAC lip pencils or eyeliners (that still have several cms left)...is that ok for b2m?

thanks

this is why i'm posting. tho i've been on vaca, my coworker told me today that we got a memo recently stating that lash cases will no longer be accepted.

i'm gonna look for the memo when i get back to see if there are any other specifics.

Latest posts