B2M - Read before posting questions about Back to MAC.

StarrySim

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
this is why i'm posting. tho i've been on vaca, my coworker told me today that we got a memo recently stating that lash cases will no longer be accepted.

i'm gonna look for the memo when i get back to see if there are any other specifics.

This sucks! They keep changing the rules on us. I have 3 lash cases that I've been hanging on to instead of returning, because I figured they're "safe" ones that will always be accepted. And why wouldn't they be, they're plastic. I thought the point of this program is to recycle stuff. I think it's more for publicity, I wonder if the returns even get recycled.

i never knew this but really sometimes they dont even take depots so maybe i will call ahead and ask what i can get and if they accept depots

erine1881

sooo, apparently the policy has changed again. we got a memo saying that for the extended b2m program, the only type of gloss you can get is a lipglass. no lustre or plush that was allowed in the fall update book.

i swear! mac really needs to figure out what they're doing and stick with it! its times like these that i'm glad i work at a counter and only have to worry about the lipstick. seriously! they just need to go back to when it was just a free lipstick everywhere.

paparazziboy

i was told by a employee at the mac store that depots will no longer be taken for sure its in the update book i wish i could go to up date here in san antonio on tuesday. im waiting to fill out my paperwork for my counter

MelissaAnn

I just took my empties to my store on Sunday and I turned in an empty eyelash container with no problems, and I was also allowed to get a Cremesheen. I havent been able to get ANY of the stores or counters within a 100 mile radius of me to take the depots for the last few months so I just mail those in now.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by paparazziboy
i was told by a employee at the mac store that depots will no longer be taken for sure its in the update book i wish i could go to up date here in san antonio on tuesday. im waiting to fill out my paperwork for my counter

the update book doesn't say that. infact, we got a memo (as i posted earlier) stating that depots do count, but that the depotted pan doesn't count.

paparazziboy

Quote:
the update book doesn't say that. infact, we got a memo (as i posted earlier) stating that depots do count, but that the depotted pan doesn't count.

i was told that the the pot has to have the pan from my manager at my counter today i asked her today that is just what she said i heard the same from the mac store as well. im glad i work for the company now so i dont really have to b2m lol

StarrySim

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaAnn
I just took my empties to my store on Sunday and I turned in an empty eyelash container with no problems, and I was also allowed to get a Cremesheen. I havent been able to get ANY of the stores or counters within a 100 mile radius of me to take the depots for the last few months so I just mail those in now.

This is the exact opposite for me. I can B2M depots no problem, I've done it at several mac stores and counters in my area. But Cremesheen glasses, nope, they're very strict. Too bad that they've restricted lipglass B2M's even further, but I'm not a fan of any of them, so no big deal for me. I just love my cremesheen glasses.

Thanks so much to all the mac artists who are keeping us in the loop here!!!! Deeply appreciated.

jazmatazz

This is so helpful, thanks! It's weird though because on Saturday at my FSS that I could only get a lipglass, no plushglass or lustrelgass. *sigh*

Quote:
this is mac's new, update recycling program.

img1m.jpg

img2qbz.jpg

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazmatazz
This is so helpful, thanks! It's weird though because on Saturday at my FSS that I could only get a lipglass, no plushglass or lustrelgass. *sigh*

strangely, a couple weeks ago we got another memo saying that now only lipglass counts, no lustre or plush.

i swear! they can't make up their minds!

jazmatazz

Ahh that makes sense then, I will miss my b2m cremesheen glasses. I got lychee luxe though, which I'm happy with.

Quote:
strangely, a couple weeks ago we got another memo saying that now only lipglass counts, no lustre or plush.

i swear! they can't make up their minds!

StarrySim

Are the pencil sharpeners eligible? They better be, because I have TWO of the duo sharpeners and they are complete and utter crap.

StarrySim

I emailed MAC, and here's part of the response. This sucks.

In addition to the independent pans, MAC does not accept the following as a part of the program:

* Secondary packaging of any sort [paper box, plastic/cellophane wrapper, shopping bags, etc.]
* Samples [sample containers, special/trial size products for promotional/seasonal kits]
* Cosmetic applicators/tools [disposables, puffs, sponges, scissors, spatulas, swabs, sharpeners, tweezers, curlers, independent compact pans]
* Accessories [bags, belts, makeup cases, lashes, Blot Film]
* Limited Edition packaging or Special Edition Items

kayley123

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySim
I emailed MAC, and here's part of the response. This sucks.

In addition to the independent pans, MAC does not accept the following as a part of the program:

* Secondary packaging of any sort [paper box, plastic/cellophane wrapper, shopping bags, etc.]
* Samples [sample containers, special/trial size products for promotional/seasonal kits]
* Cosmetic applicators/tools [disposables, puffs, sponges, scissors, spatulas, swabs, sharpeners, tweezers, curlers, independent compact pans]
* Accessories [bags, belts, makeup cases, lashes, Blot Film]
* Limited Edition packaging or Special Edition Items

That last one is the one that bothers me...

StarrySim

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayley123

I know, it's odd. I can sort of understand if they don't accept LE palettes, like the Royal Assets, or the couture compact cases (why would anyone return one, though?), but I've definitely returned LE e/s depots without any problems. I still think they should take back the sharpeners, and you bet I will give it a try!

Funtabulous

Today I went to my MAC store, and they told me they DO accept depots, but they require the label at the bottom to be attached (with the name, finish, etc). They said it was because they wanted to avoid counterfeit containers. This doesn't sound right to me (lots of counterfeits have fake labels, how closely do they look at them anyway?), can someone give me the full story here? Thank you!

EDIT: And another thing, they said they`d only accept 4 B2M`s at once. Anyone else heard of this?

MACATTAK

Quote:
EDIT: And another thing, they said they`d only accept 4 B2M`s at once. Anyone else heard of this?

Do you mean returning 24 containers in order to get 4 free items at once? If so, that's the way it has always been at my Mac counters.

Funtabulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
Do you mean returning 24 containers in order to get 4 free items at once? If so, that's the way it has always been at my Mac counters.

Yes, that's what I meant. Good to know, thanks!

p3chiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayley123

oh no, that last one definitely sucks (re: Limited Edition packaging or Special Edition Items) hope they do take back the liberty of london/venomous villains items when i'm done with them. Packaging was cool but i don't care about holding on to empty containers when i don't need them. It's not like they are collector items :p hopefully when the time comes, they do take it back!
smiles.gif

p3chiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySim
This is the exact opposite for me. I can B2M depots no problem, I've done it at several mac stores and counters in my area. But Cremesheen glasses, nope, they're very strict. Too bad that they've restricted lipglass B2M's even further, but I'm not a fan of any of them, so no big deal for me. I just love my cremesheen glasses.

Thanks so much to all the mac artists who are keeping us in the loop here!!!! Deeply appreciated.

Hi StarrySim, which MAC stores do you go to return depots?? I don't want to risk trying to take my depots and then have it "confiscated." I would think that would be the case if you tried to return depots. There was one time that i did not have depots and i went to the Eaton Centre store. The SA checked out all my goods to make sure they were not tampered with. :p Thanks for your help
smiles.gif

Latest posts