Barbie loves MAC Discussion

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkle
....So MAC has teamed up with Mattel, manufacturer of the 48-year-old doll....

Wow. Barbie is looking good for 48!
lol.gif

prinzessin784

I'm also wondering about the 182 brush...I've been thinking about buying one (my crappy $5 kabuki isn't cutting it) but I'd rather wait for the Barbie one if it has the logo on it! Any info on this??

ilovexnerdsx

in the article, i dont like the way the general manager said some things about, "it's definitely not your daughter's makeup line. it's not something for teens either."

i'm 15, i love MAC, i have a large collection, and i know all of the MAs in my area personally.

what happened to the 'all ages'...? sorry, those couple lines in that article made me mad. i'm sure many of you have noticed i am not held back because of my age
angry.gif

mezzamy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovexnerdsx
in the article, i dont like the way the general manager said some things about, "it's definitely not your daughter's makeup line. it's not something for teens either."

i'm 15, i love MAC, i have a large collection, and i know all of the MAs in my area personally.

what happened to the 'all ages'...? sorry, those couple lines in that article made me mad. i'm sure many of you have noticed i am not held back because of my age
angry.gif

i think the point that the general manager was trying to make was that the barbie collection will be something mature and sophisticated, as opposed to a little girl's first makeup collection.

i know that many adults love barbie however the doll itself is intended as a toy for young girls, and whilst i personally have no issues with barbie, many people objected to the idea of MAC collaborating with the brand.

i dont think the general manager's comments were intended to exclude or alienate people of certain age groups from using this collection, but was instead trying to emphasise that this will be a classy and tasteful collection for adults as well

prinzessin784

^^ I also think the quote was referring to the collection being "real" makeup rather than toy makeup for little girls. Do you remember that brand Tinkerbelle makeup? It was for little girls back in the late 80s and early 90s. I thought I was hot stuff because I had "makeup!" and it was so gross haha. I think what he meant is the MAC collection is not like that just because it has Barbie on it.

Fairybelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzessin784
^^ I also think the quote was referring to the collection being "real" makeup rather than toy makeup for little girls. Do you remember that brand Tinkerbelle makeup? It was for little girls back in the late 80s and early 90s. I thought I was hot stuff because I had "makeup!" and it was so gross haha. I think what he meant is the MAC collection is not like that just because it has Barbie on it.

I had that MU!! The Tinkerbelle brand included that nail polish that peeled off when you wanted it to! Lol! I almost forgot about that stuff. I know what you're saying. MAC just wants to say that they sell "adult" makeup, and that the MAC-Barbie brand won't be kiddie stuff that is, well, for little kids (pretty much clear, tasting like artificial sweetener, with lots of chunky glitter... you get the point).

ilovexnerdsx

that makes a lot more sense, thankyou girls for pointing that out
oh.gif
i feel a lot better.

i still think he maybe could've worded it better, though.

noellethediva

Re: Barbie loves MAC Feb 2007 [images & information]

Wooo! I must have the green & pink e/s. Am I missing the moth brown? Is that the grayish one?

FlaLadyB

GOT ANOTHER BARBIE IMAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to a friend on MUA

BARBIELOVESMACdoll.jpg

Eemaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB
GOT ANOTHER BARBIE IMAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to a friend on MUA

weeping.gif
i want this dolly, ive never had a barbie
weeping.gif

Twinkz

I can't wait for this!! i want the doll more then the make up *sad* haha

FlaLadyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosopher
weeping.gif
i want this dolly, ive never had a barbie
weeping.gif

I want THIS one and my name is Barbara ...! LOL!!...love the images and can't wait!
smiles.gif

jenii

Oh, dammit, screw it. I want three of the eyeshadows (Moth Brown, Springtime Skipper, and Playful), I want the beauty powders, Toast of the Town nail polish, and-- most importantly of all-- THE BARBIE.

I might even get two Barbies. One to keep in the box as a collector's item, and one to TAKE OUT OF THE BOX AND PLAY WITH!!
eyelove.gif

OnaFyre

"... and a Barbie image debossed into the actual eyeshadows".

Saw this in an article, didn't look to see if someone else posted this.

Vicky88

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_angel
hmmm... i thought MAC was all about representing 'alternative' beauty, people who are gorgeous, yet not cookie-cutter gorgeous. i feel like barbie totally contradicts that.

this is a little disappointing, to be honest...

I know this post was a while ago but I've only just read it...

couldn't the same thing be said about Pam Anderson being a spokesperson??

charismaticlime

Does anyone else think getting the eyeshadows are kinda pointless? It seems that everyone can recreate the Barbie look using some vibrant green and pink eyeshadow of their own. Heck, I could - I just need some already existing vibrant pink e/s or blush did to go with my Golder's Green pigment sample and I save myself the money.

styrch

Quote:
It seems that everyone can recreate the Barbie look using some vibrant green and pink eyeshadow of their own.

I completely agree, though I'll still probably end up purchasing at least one because these aren't colors I have at the moment (blasphemy I know, but I'm still building a collection).

Latest posts