Barbie loves MAC Discussion

AudreyNicole

Oh my! I am so excited! My mom just told me that she wants to get me some things from the collection for Valentine's Day! AND my DH agreed to let me get a chunk of the collection as my V-Day gift from him! I can't wait!!
smiles.gif

MisStarrlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisStarrlight
Traditionally collections are launched on Thursdays..so I would say the 15th, but unless it's answered for sure by tomorrow, I will check the books when I get to work tomorrow.

According to one book (that lists the dates on and off counter), it says the 15th. I couldn't find an update book to double confirm that. So as far as the printed materials go, it's the 13th...but I guess some other people have confirmed the 8th. So aparrently I'm not really any help.

bebs

a few of them are launching early.. the 11th (pre-view parties) and then the 13th out at counters and stores so that it can be picked up the day before v-day!

Cocktail_party

I hope I'm allowed to post this but if not someone can feel free to remove it. I found this postcard on ebay, guys
smiles.gif

*sigh* I wish it could be mine.

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocktail_party
I hope I'm allowed to post this but if not someone can feel free to remove it. I found this postcard on ebay, guys
smiles.gif

*sigh* I wish it could be mine.

Info from the auction:
“This Postcard is an Exclusive Pre-Collection Launch Design NOT Available to the Public and will NOT be at counters.”

So, I wonder, does this mean you get one of these cards if you go to an unveiling or launch event? How do they know it'll not be at counters?

This collection seems to have taken on a life of its own and spawned all sorts of claims and exclusives....

coachkitten

I ordered a freaking nail polish from MAC today just hoping that I would get a barbie postcard in the package!
smiles.gif
I want that damn postcard!

jenjen_lin

wow i think i'll definitely look into this (makeup and the doll itself)..come on girls i'm sure we were all once had a barbie or two back in the old days as a lil girl and well we're all grown up now and we're into m.a.c. lol....

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I ordered a freaking nail polish from MAC today just hoping that I would get a barbie postcard in the package!
smiles.gif

Ahhhh..that sounds so much like something I would do.
lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsperry
....This collection seems to have taken on a life of its own ....

Amen

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
smiles.gif

Yeah, you'll get one....I've placed 2 orders in the past 3 weeks and received a postcard in each order. But neither one was like the one being auctioned.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsperry
Yeah, you'll get one....I've placed 2 orders in the past 3 weeks and received a postcard in each order. But neither one was like the one being auctioned.

Same here. I don't think that other postcard is going into any boxes.

Chanel_MAC

As far as I know, that's the invite to the launch for MAC. My friend got one similar I believe when her MA invited her to their launch.

mollyv6

About that ebay postcard for auction...i have one. i live in phoenix, az and my counter has a ton of them for FREE. they are sitting at the POS ready for customers to take at their leisure so that ebay auction is ridiculous. just thought i'd share.

mollyv6

oh, i forgot to mention in my last post that the postcard is not for the special unveiling party, i am going to that too and the card for that is round and it folds out.

design

i just got that exact postcard today when i went to the brea, california mac store. it just say the launch is the 13th. they were handing them out at the door. it is a general release card. i think it will be easy to find -- this ebay sale is crazy!!!!

FlaLadyB

Re: New Barbie loves MAC pictures!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisStarrlight
Looks like Barbie needs to blend a little more
rofl.gif

LOL!!! You just made my day!! hahhahaaa....

lara

Just a reminder: please don't solicit for/or advertise sales or swaps outside of the CB forum. Posts soliciting for postcard swaps/sales and other similar sales/swaps will be removed as per Specktra guidelines.
smiles.gif

Edit: that also includes obliquely referencing your auctions and sales off-site. Play fair, guys.

deazinn

Since my closest MAC store is 90 minutes or more away....I'm sitting here planning what to do! I'd love one of those postcards, but I think I'm just going to sit tight and go down for the first day of sales...

Has anyone confirmed when that will be? I'll be going to the King of Prussia store....

Latest posts