Barbie loves MAC Discussion

mac_aiken

Just when I thought I couldn't possibly be more excited..the swatch pictures appear. LOL
Thought I would be able to pass on the Springtime Skipper green e/s but it is gorgeous. I am definitely going to have to play with this one after all.

midnightlouise

This is the first collection I've been excited about in awhile. It's about time
greengrin.gif

highheels

Saw this collection in person today (have a friend who works at MAC and she brought it out to show me really quickly, but it won't be sold until next week).

IMHO, and after only a quick viewing, the lipsticks are quite pretty and the beauty powders are indeed gorgeous, but the lipglass colours are really boring - nothing we haven't seen before (yet another pink lipglass) and the eyeshadows are nothing special either - Springtime Skipper is pretty, but I don't wear much green eyeshadow. I really thought the other colours were either boring or kinda drab. While the packaging is really cute, in person I didn't get quite as excited about the collection as I thought I would. The cremestick liner colours also appear drab (for Barbie anyway), and I don't know who can pull off pink or white eyeliner (besides Barbie herself).

Anyway, all just my own opinion but thought I'd share. The beauty powders are worth the hype though - really pretty.

ollieo

Has anyone tested the nail lacquer yet? Just wondering if Steamy is really that pink or if it ends up really pale when put on like so many of the Mac polish does.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by highheels
Saw this collection in person today (have a friend who works at MAC and she brought it out to show me really quickly, but it won't be sold until next week).

IMHO, and after only a quick viewing, the lipsticks are quite pretty and the beauty powders are indeed gorgeous, but the lipglass colours are really boring - nothing we haven't seen before (yet another pink lipglass) and the eyeshadows are nothing special either - Springtime Skipper is pretty, but I don't wear much green eyeshadow. I really thought the other colours were either boring or kinda drab. While the packaging is really cute, in person I didn't get quite as excited about the collection as I thought I would. The cremestick liner colours also appear drab (for Barbie anyway), and I don't know who can pull off pink or white eyeliner (besides Barbie herself).

Anyway, all just my own opinion but thought I'd share. The beauty powders are worth the hype though - really pretty.

Thank you so much for the info! I am definately getting both beauty powders! IYO, how did Whistle (the pale pink) and Magic Dust (pale yellow) payoff? Those are the only ones I am on the fence about. If the yellow is anything like Gold Dusk piggie, I will pass, and if the pale pink is too pale to even tell it's pink, I will pass. I am super excited about the lipsticks too! Can't wait to see those!
smiles.gif

purplkaret

i'm hella procrastinating right now ( I should be studying ) but i decided to make my own barbie loves mac wall paper for my desk top~ pretty simple but i like it ... cant wait till sunday!!
rofl.gif

madkitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumbjorn
Hey all!

Has anyone seen the UK quad yet? Is there going to be one or two? I've got someone wiling to CP for me, but I need to know if I have to send her funds for one or for two.

UK quad - WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT????? no-one told me???

highheels

AudreyNicole - I didn't get a chance to actually swatch anything on my hand - it was just a quick viewing
smiles.gif
From what I remember though, the eyeshadows weren't anything mind-blowing to look at. If you have a lot of MAC already, you probably already have similar colours. I know I have a lot of pale pink and yellow e/s, and these colours didn't give me the "Wow, I need those" feeling! But it's so subjective... perhaps you will love them
smiles.gif

kimmy

i didn't know that there was a pink lll coming out with this collection! holy jesus...i neeeed that. !!!!

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Torture, pure torture! LOL!

I completely agree, but it HURTS SO GOOD!
My clickin'/ordering finger is limber, and set to go!
winks.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
I completely agree, but it HURTS SO GOOD!
My clickin'/ordering finger is limber, and set to go!
winks.gif

rofl.gif
thmbup.gif

red

Hi, not sure where to introduce myself, so I apologize in advance for not doing so.

I read you guys all the time
cheerleader.gif

Purchased my Barbie today at the Mac Pro in NY. I had taken a peak at the collection yesterday at Macys
graucho.gif
(the ma opened the drawer and pretended to look the other way) --

Today, along with my Barbie, I picked up

Eyeshadow
Whistle - Pastel pink
Beautyburst - Rich reddish brown
Mothbrown - Smoky charcoal grey

Powder Blush
Don't be shy - Bright clean pink

Beauty Powder
Pearl Blossom

I thought the green was pretty, but I can get to that color on my own.
Excited about getting the Barbie -- each store will only get 50 to sell (as I was told)

Hope to talk to all of you real soon -- a big NY kiss!

Lucie

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by red
Hi, not sure where to introduce myself, so I apologize in advance for not doing so.

cheerleader.gif

Purchased my Barbie today at the Mac Pro in NY. I had taken a peak at the collection yesterday at Macys
graucho.gif

Eyeshadow
Whistle - Pastel pink

Powder Blush

Beauty Powder
Pearl Blossom

Excited about getting the Barbie -- each store will only get 50 to sell (as I was told)

Lucie

Okay...I am jealous and excited all at the same time.

Great HAUL!!! Are you going to post pictures or swatches in the Swatch Thread?

and

WELCOME TO SPECKTRA
cheerleader.gif

lilifee

Quote:
Originally Posted by red

cheerleader.gif

graucho.gif

Eyeshadow
Whistle - Pastel pink

Powder Blush

Beauty Powder
Pearl Blossom

Lucie

I wish I could be there to get some of the Barbie stuff -REALLY UNFAIR- have to wait till march over here in Germany!
weeping.gif

queenofdisaster

ok i WASN'T that excited but now i am. my money is sitting here waiting patiently. heres my official list of what i am getting. lol!!

sweet and single lipstick
moth brown e/s
springtime skipper e/s
magic dust e/s
fab blush
pearl sunshine beauty powder
mini barbie loves mac bag

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofdisaster
ok i WASN'T that excited but now i am. my money is sitting here waiting patiently. heres my official list of what i am getting. lol!!

sweet and single lipstick
moth brown e/s
springtime skipper e/s
magic dust e/s
fab blush
pearl sunshine beauty powder
mini barbie loves mac bag

Hmmm; I'm having a very strange reaction as Zero Hour approaches. I'm actually thinking that I may buy less, instead of more.
I've decided that the only items I absolutely must buy in order to sustain life are "Moth Brown" eyeshadow and "Rocking Chick" lipstick.
If I weaken, though, it will be:
"Rocking Chick" and "Modern Ms." lipsticks
"Malibu Barbie" Lipglass
"Don't be Shy" blush
"Fab" blush
"Moth Brown" eyeshadow
"Magic Dust" eyeshadow

DEEEEEEEEEEEP breath ...

AudreyNicole

Ohhh, nice haul! What is Whistle like? Is it obviously pink on or more white? Is the beatypowder dark enough to use as a blush on NW15?

labelslut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumbjorn
Hey all!

Has anyone seen the UK quad yet? Is there going to be one or two? I've got someone wiling to CP for me, but I need to know if I have to send her funds for one or for two.

I'd like to know this too please
smiles.gif

Latest posts