Barbie loves MAC Discussion

burkle

Finally picked up my Dollymix quad and also snapped a pic of the display :)

631132.jpeg

Shimmer

I WANT THE EFFING DOLLYMIX QUAD DAMMIT.
That's the ONLY quad I've wanted since I got into MAC.
Urgh.

eco

me too, shimmer!

I was getting my barbie "makeover" today, and the counter had corps de color quad, the take wing quad, the well plumed quad, and both raquel welch.... i just kept thinking "why oh why" can't they have dolly mix? is it that hard?? it's not like mac would lose money making it available to all of us!?! it's like they want to send us on a mad-rush to ebay, but then at the same time, the company is making changes to prevent all the ebay hulabaloo, like being stricter giving out samples (i was told that since so many pigment samples end up on ebay, they cannot give pigment samples at all anymore). it blows. the one time i was given a pigment sample, i went back the very next week and bought a full size (apricot pink).

burkle

It's quite easy to get a CP, especially from one of the Singaporean members? The Barbie collection is launching in Singapore in a week or two and they have several counters there, so it should not be difficult to get it.

TM26

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkle
Finally picked up my Dollymix quad and also snapped a pic of the display :)

631132.jpeg

That is a very pretty display. Thanks for posting it. I can't wait until I get mine
smiles.gif

xyu

Hmm. I saw the dollymix quad at the MAC counter last Saturday.
smiles.gif

Doesnt really look that nice to me..

Kiwi Girlie

The Barbie Collection and Dollymix Quad came out here around the 5th Of March, I didn't even think we were getting the Quad here as it's supposed to be Asian Exclusive. But thank god we did, it's a beautiful quad
smiles.gif

burkle

I used the Dollymix quad today and it was more impressive than I had expected. Especially surprised by the smooth texture of Warm Me, Girl which is a Lustre. Not only did it not fall on my cheeks at all, it applied very smoothly with a lovely metallic finish. I was surprised that it looked more copper than brown on me. Not a loud garish orange, but a nice clean bright copper shade. I'm horrible at describing colours, sorry. Paired with Playful in the crease, it was a great spring look. Nearly Night and Warm Me, Girl are the unique shades in this quad whereas Playful and Cuddle are nice but not must-haves.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigmentJunkie
FYI - the MAC site has been restocked for shipments in early April - hurry, it's going fast! The doll was back up but was gone in appx 15 minutes. The shirts are back up too.

graucho.gif

http://www.maccosmetics.com/template...=CATEGORY20395

The few items I didn't get the first go-round were already out of stock by the time I got there. Sheesh!
Thanks, though!

cno64

Seen on a Barbie collector site:

Beginning in May, there will be a few thousand additional dolls available on BarbieLovesMAC.com.
Good luck, all!

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ximperfect_onex
A few more thousand, wow- I wonder how long those will last? I have to feel bad for those people who paid a small fortune on ebay =[

My guess is that those who really want one(I'm so glad that I don't!) will have to be there, clicking finger poised, as soon as the dolls go online.
I sincerely wish all of you who want a doll the very best of luck!
Hopefully, everyone who wants one will eventually get it.
I wonder how demand could have been so under-estimated. :confused:

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
My guess is that those who really want one(I'm so glad that I don't!) will have to be there, clicking finger poised, as soon as the dolls go online.
I sincerely wish all of you who want a doll the very best of luck!
Hopefully, everyone who wants one will eventually get it.
I wonder how demand could have been so under-estimated. :confused:

I suspect it wasn't under estimated.
I really suspect that MAC and Mattel, in their partnership, had t he agreement that it's an LE collection through MAC and a gold label doll through Mattel.
They don't care about the demand, only that the money is spent. If the dolls were hugely mass produced initially they would sell well but after that the sales would diminish pretty rapidly, because they're not Mattel LE items, nor MACs.

I also suspect the two release marketing thing was at least considered prior to the collection's release, because it's obvious that the collection WOULD BE so highly desired, by two sets of collectors.

I just hope nobody gets h it by the thrown elbows when they're released.
lol.gif

Eugenia

I just talked on the phone to someone at the Mac web site office and she said that some Barbie collection items would be restocked before June 1, both online and in stores. Not all items, but definitely Happening Gal l/g and Springtime Skipper e/s, which are the two I was most interested in.

I'm going to call again in late April/early May to see if there's a more exact date.

lemurian

I was thinking about the whole notion of these popular Barbie LE items reappearing some months in the future on the website, and supposing that it was really unlikely and reading others' comments that MAC had never done anything like that before. But this morning I had a flashback(!) of Salsabelle, and remembered how Guacamole (and maybe some other things..?) randomly reappeared online for order that Fall. So it's not unprecedented. I don't know if circumstances are similar, but it certainly seems like MAC, and EL in particular, isn't above cashing in on an extremely popular item, whether it is "limited edition" or not :p But then again, if that were the case, WHERE IS PARROT ALREADY?!?!

I'll stop rambling now
winks.gif

paroxysm

From what I heard, dollymix quad is sold out in Singapore. May have to wait till 23rd/25th for the 2nd phase launch in other counters.

Ciloo

This quad is available in France !!
It's not only an asia exclusivity !! ^_^
I'm gonna receive it soon !
Somebody in France bought it for me and sent it !

Latest posts