Barbie loves MAC Discussion

Indian Barbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairybelle
I was at the Orlando Cosmetics Company Store (or 'CCO' as it is called on this forum) at the Premium Outlets just last month, and they had all the Disney TLCs. I would go there after work to see what they have still. They keep them on the counter near the cash register with all the other small MAC items. HTH.

HOLY COW MAN, I WAS JUST THERE TODAY, bought some foundation, lipgloss and a cool MAC brish set for only 33.99! They got some bargains over there, I spend all my whole paycheck there because it's walking distance from my apartments! Lol sorry I got a bit excited there >_>

You live in florida too?

Fairybelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Barbie
HOLY COW MAN, I WAS JUST THERE TODAY, bought some foundation, lipgloss and a cool MAC brish set for only 33.99! They got some bargains over there, I spend all my whole paycheck there because it's walking distance from my apartments! Lol sorry I got a bit excited there >_>

You live in florida too?

^^Indian Barbie, just PM'd you.
smiles.gif

KAIA

You Guys Won't Believe This!!!!

The story starts like this:
Last Friday (2/16) i went to MAC and i left a paper with the BARBIE LOVES MAC stuff i wanted to get, so this MUA (who actually offered herself to keep them in hold for me) said "no problem, i'll make sure you get everything" and i told her "ok i'll come back next thursday"
Thursday (2/22 - today!) i went back ready to pick up my stuff (and pay for them of course) so i get there and this MUA (another girl, not the original one) asked me what i needed, i told her that i came to pick up my stuff that were on hold.. she checked.. and she said MMM NO THERE'S NOTHING FOR YOU HERE yeah! can you imagine??? i was sooooo pissed and then she said but we have everything from the BLM except for the " bright pink e/s " so i said ok (cause i already got it) so i told her... i want this, and this and this... so she chharged me i paid her i left and when i was outside the store i had a feeling that something was wrong so i checked my bag.. and guess what? she gave me:
* instead of REAL DOLL lipstick i got SNOB

i was like... HELL NO! i came back and she was on the phone... so asked this guy for help and i told him about the lipstick and you know what he said??? he's like oh ! snob is a repromote i'm like... mmm no as far as i know snob is not part of the collection is real doll and he was just like a robot repeating the same sh*t no this is a repromote i'm like ok then why it doesn't have the barbie case ??? i was so mad i left ..
when i get home i double checked and i noticed that instead of getting my dear STEAMY nail lacquer i got GEE WHIZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!! grrrrrr i'm so mad right now i promise myself i'm gonna buy my stuff online better .... i just don't think is fair for them to try to lie to customers like that just cause you run out of something put something else instead ... about snob i don't know if to keep it or not...

Jacq-i

I know what you mean... Today I went back to the f/s store to get Mothbrown, and I noticed instead of having Malbu Barbie, Don't Be Shy, and Fab, they had Poodle Pink, Dollymix, and Taste of Cocoa in the display! I knew they weren't from the collection, much less LE, but I bet a lot of people don't know that.

Ah well, I guess it was to keep the display from looking empty.

That stinks though KAIA, if they had a list from you, they should at least tell you that they decided to substitute for you. I'd write a mega complaint letter if I was you.

KAIA

ARE YOU SERIOUS??? wow! that's just crazy ! pure BS! i think they should leave it empty ... honestly... oh well... i'm going tomorrow to return gee whiz and snob and i'll get something else... after that i'm not going back to that store it pisses me off because that girl that promise me she would keep them for me is a MUA who is always really nice and sweet, i have her as a "friend" in myspace ! you know? i feel very weird after this... i hate when people act like this trying to be nice and suddenly they become little devils.. weird.. whatever i just wanted to vent... oh oh oh i just checked the web and i think steamy is not LE right???

Jacq-i

I'm very serious. :-/

Yep! I saw Steamy on the site for a couple of months before Barbie Loves MAC came out.
smiles.gif

VeronikaJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacq-i
I know what you mean... Today I went back to the f/s store to get Mothbrown, and I noticed instead of having Malbu Barbie, Don't Be Shy, and Fab, they had Poodle Pink, Dollymix, and Taste of Cocoa in the display! I knew they weren't from the collection, much less LE, but I bet a lot of people don't know that

WOW! That does suck that they didn't at least tell her they were out of some of the Barbie stuff... but in MAC's defense I must point out that they are required to fill in "holes" on launch pads with replacement colors that are similar to that launch. They do this all the time, it is a way to display colors that are similar so that the customer may choose if they want the replacement colors as an alternative. But, in this case I know KAIA wasn't even aware that they weren't the Barbie colors. See in this case, since the packaging is different they should have for sure made a point to tell you that they were not the right colors. But imagine how silly the launch pad would look with like 2 eyeshadows on it? And MAC Corporate has a Luanch timeline that dictates to stores how long they must stay up. Although, in this case I think they might have to take it down sooner that planned. Sorry that happened, but there was a reason for it.

KAIA

SERIOUSLY I DIDN'T even notice the name (that, btw being a specktra fan i knew the name of each shade LOL) but it did look pretty similar if you didn't paid so much attention (like moi!) ... it is BS that the guy "tried" to convince me that SNOB was part of the Barbie Loves Mac

antirazor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAIA
SERIOUSLY I DIDN'T even notice the name (that, btw being a specktra fan i knew the name of each shade LOL) but it did look pretty similar if you didn't paid so much attention (like moi!) ... it is BS that the guy "tried" to convince me that SNOB was part of the Barbie Loves Mac

it is pretty shitty that he tried to convince you it was from the collection. but I agree with Veronika. I thought it was pretty common practice for them to put a similar product onto the collection display when they ran out. the people that were interested in the color are pointed in the direction of something similar. every counter I've been to always puts a replacement in the space when they run out of something. I've never had someone try to mislead me about it though. that is inexcusable.

Cocktail_party

Wow, that majorly sucks. I know my counter does the replacing thing too when items run out. When I went the last time, 'Playful' e/s was sold out so they replaced it with Sushi flower :\

antirazor

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere, but did anyone else notice that a lot of the sold out stuff on the website switched to coming soon? so are they making more barbie stuff to try to fill the demand for it? does that mean stores might get another shipment?

obviously not the barbie, since it was limited to a specific number. but rocking chick. malibu barbie. playful. both blushes. and pearl sunshine all say it.

Laura: Hi Marci! I imagine you're probably tired of it by now... ^^; but I had a question about the Barbie collection.
Marci: That's what I'm here for, I'm happy to assist!
Laura: great, thank you! I noticed that some items that were sold out now say coming soon instead. so I assume they will definitely be back on the website, right? but I was also curious if it is possible that stores and counters will be getting another shipment?
Marci: I can't speak for the Retail Stores or counters, however, we are expecting a re-order for some of the products in the Barbie Loves MAC Collection Online.
Marci: I'm not sure exactly when we will be receiving the shipment..
Laura: oh, that's fine! well, thank you for all of your help, Marci. I appreciate it. C:
Marci: You're welcome Laura!

so if you missed something you really wanted, or decided you need a back-up of something. stuff is coming back on the website!

if you really like buying things in person you might also try calling your counter and mentioning that the website is getting more product and ask if they had the opportunity to re-order as well. but I'm not sure if it works that way.

and, really, since the counter has to wait for it to get shipped to them, you might as well order online and get it shipped right to you anyhow!

Ms. Z

I can understand the counter putting replacement on the display, but to attempt to convince the buyer that the replacement is part of the collection is wrong and to charge the customer for items they didn’t ask for is unethical. I would ask for a refund; its not my problem if they throw it away, its my $ and I have to work for it.

antirazor

Quote:
Originally Posted by juli
I just checked the website. Several previously sold out items are marked as coming soon. Thats nice.
smiles.gif

they are as following:

Malibu barbie LG
Rocking chick LS

Playful e/s

Don't be Shy and FAB powder blush
Pearl Sunshine beauty powder

I think thats about it! :p

greengrin.gif
I just posted this.

summer6310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Barbie
what exactly do the beauty powders do? Which one will look good on my skin?

Pearl Sunshine Beauty Powder is a go, it's peachy color with pink shimmer, it will give you soft and healthy glow. Some people like to use it as blush but I use it all over my face and I love it. I am NC35, but sometime I like to look like NC45, Pearl Sunshine works for me either way
thmbup.gif

MisStarrlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAIA
ARE YOU SERIOUS??? wow! that's just crazy ! pure BS! i think they should leave it empty ... honestly... oh well... i'm going tomorrow to return gee whiz and snob and i'll get something else... after that i'm not going back to that store it pisses me off because that girl that promise me she would keep them for me is a MUA who is always really nice and sweet, i have her as a "friend" in myspace ! you know? i feel very weird after this... i hate when people act like this trying to be nice and suddenly they become little devils.. weird.. whatever i just wanted to vent... oh oh oh i just checked the web and i think steamy is not LE right???

I know this is late, but...
That's totally effed up that they'd do that to you! Besides it just being wrong, it sets you up for returns (which look bad & count against your goal) & makes the customer lose trust in you.
I'm glad you are returning the stuff.

And for this collection, MAC sent us "sold out" stickers so we wouldn't have to fill the display with alternate colors.

PigmentJunkie

This might be "old news" to many of you - but if your counter or store has a glass display case where they set up the current collection, and it has the item you want in it, but they are otherwise sold out - they will get it for you from that display case. I was looking for Rocking Chick lipstick at a counter yesterday since I unfortunately passed it by on day 1 at the freestanding store, so I hesitantly asked the MA if it would be possible to buy something out of the glass case, and she said yes. I felt stupid even asking such a desperate question, but I was pleasantly surprised by her willingness to sell something out of the case. She said they keep the boxes for all the items in there so it can be boxed up if someone wants to buy it. I thought it was exceptionally nice of her to be willing to do this, because I wouldn't expect them to honor this odd request!

Unfortunately, when we went over to the case - the last Rocking Chick had already been sold, apparently earlier yesterday... someone must've had the same idea as me!
th_crazy2.gif

Anyway, point of the story... it wouldn't hurt to ask your location if you see something in the case that's gone from the counter display!
smiles.gif

..kels*

i noticed that cranapple no longer has the "triangle of death" beside it on the website.. i thought it was LE? did they decide to make it perm? TIA!
smiles.gif

Latest posts