Barbie Loves Mac Now Online!!

deathcabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by drea2447
Actually, Mattell made 25,000 dolls. 15,000 went to MAC and they had 10,000 to sell. Inside the box the doll has a certificate of authenticity stating that it is a Gold Edition doll which means there were 25,000 or less made and that it was sold at select retailers.

If that is the case, then people are really getting their hopes up for no reason about the whole back order thing!

allan_willb

ughh...i had to sleep but hey i got my order in and i got 2 BARBIES!!!YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!

im so not worried about the make up and postcards my counter is so slow...they didnt even get any barbie stuff in at all!so yea they have my long list for when the items do arrive =)

merleskaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tash
Are they actually going to make more though? Or are they going to do the same thing that MAC did?

Based on my history with barbiecollector.com, I'm guessing that they only had a limited amount actually ready to ship yesterday and the rest of their allotment (from the 25,000 total produced) will be available to ship March 5. If they were truly, utterly sold out, I don't think we would have even been able to make the purchase.

But if for some reason the backordered dolls really do not exist come March 5, I guess that's just $41 ($35 + shipping) that can be apportioned for something else!

merleskaya

deathcabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by merleskaya
Based on my history with barbiecollector.com, I'm guessing that they only had a limited amount actually ready to ship yesterday and the rest of their allotment (from the 25,000 total produced) will be available to ship March 5. If they were truly, utterly sold out, I don't think we would have even been able to make the purchase.

But if for some reason the backordered dolls really do not exist come March 5, I guess that's just $41 ($35 + shipping) that can be apportioned for something else!

merleskaya

Ok that makes more sense. Thanks!