Barbie Loves Mac Now Online!!

heatherhoneyb

Re: If you ordered a Doll this morning online, you might not be getting one :(

I ordered my doll at 5:30am (central) and called to verify and they told me that she was on backorder, so I won't be getting one. You would think that they would have been prepared and had their site working properly. I think I would have been ok if the site said sold out before I was able to order mine, but I thought I had the doll and then WHAM! the truth comes out.

shootergirlnc

Yeah, it sucks. You don't even get an e-mail saying it's backordered. The ass-kicker is that I signed up for the e-mail notifying me when it was up on the site, and I have yet to receive that e-mail!

AudreyNicole

Apparently it sold out in an hour, and didn't show on the website that it was sold out for nearly 8 hours
ssad.gif
I am trying to prepare myself for the storm of people at my freestanding store tomorrow morning!

poocatgrrl

Yep--I ordered a doll less than 2 hours after it went "live" online and I'm not getting it. Only know that bec I called CS this morning.

JediFarfy

Me neither! I'm glad I don't like the doll, since I originally was going to get one. Geez, why bother putting her on the site then.

poocatgrrl

Audrey--

How many Barbie dolls did your store get? Just wondering

ETA: I just called my freestanding MAC store to see how many Barbies they got--they said 18. Wow--those'll be gone in no time!

Also, the MA who answered the phone didn't even know MAC had put them online already. She was very surprised to hear they had put them online and that they had sold out already. Just thought that was interesting.

heatherhoneyb

I called the closest free standing store to me, which is an hour away and they got 8 of them in.

shellybells82

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyFan
I don't know what MAC was thinking. I'm sure there are a lot of Barbie collectors out there that don't even care about MAC that want them. I doubt they took that into consideration.

I'm a barbie collector & a mac-a-holic... I've called my freestanding store and they've had all of theirs 'on-hold' for weeks....
weeping.gif
I really don't want to pay eBay prices...

shellybells82

I just called the only store in a 50 mile radius that all of them weren't put on hold ahead of time. They will release 4 they said. Don't know if I want to drive 40+ miles for a chance at maybe getting one of four.

poocatgrrl

Can the MAs buy them, too? I guess I would think that 8 would hardly be enough to go around for the staff, much less customers.

It would suck if the people who actually work for MAC can't get a doll if they want one. I wonder how that works?

shootergirlnc

I don't even have a freestanding store in my state! All the ones I have called told me that they won't ship the barbie, that I'd have to buy it in person. The NY pro store let me do it last week, so I don't see why the other stores won't let me do it. I wanted to order another one for my sis's b-day.
ssad.gif

heatherhoneyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by poocatgrrl
Can the MAs buy them, too? I guess I would think that 8 would hardly be enough to go around for the staff, much less customers.

It would suck if the people who actually work for MAC can't get a doll if they want one. I wonder how that works?

Unless they got more and there are only 8 left for the customers??? I know that I am not driving an hour for a chance to get one when there are only 8 available.

lilifee

...lucky you, I wish I could order the Barbie stuff online 2, but MAC doesn't ship to Germany. So I can order only from MAC Germany AND IT ONLY COMES IN MARCH- really desperate
weeping.gif

franimal

my store got 100, but we all know that is still not enough. Those will be sold out in no time. what time did the site start selling them?

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by poocatgrrl
Audrey--

How many Barbie dolls did your store get? Just wondering

ETA: I just called my freestanding MAC store to see how many Barbies they got--they said 18. Wow--those'll be gone in no time!

Also, the MA who answered the phone didn't even know MAC had put them online already. She was very surprised to hear they had put them online and that they had sold out already. Just thought that was interesting.

I was told 66 last week when I asked, but I have heard that alot of stores are getting less than they expected. My mom, sister and I are all going tomorrow, and we all want a doll. I sure hope we can get them. I am going to get there extra early, but I am sure there will be a few people who beat me there!

girlstar

I was up at 7 and saw the email, and ordered a shirt in Med and a Barbie.

I just received an email from MAC:

Hi Laura. Thank you for the order you recently placed on our website. Unfortunately, we are currently sold out of the Barbie T-shirt. We apologize for any inconvenience. You will receive the remainder of your order in 2-3 business days.

So I suppose that means I got the Barbie? I hope. Does anyone know if the Bay counters in Canada are going to have shirts/Barbies, or is it just the freestanding stores?

sheaspearl83

It's a shame! I checked last night and it wasn't up and now my 8 year old will not get a Barbie. I can't believe MAC!