BEST lip balm?

xiahe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina Victoria
There's a brand called "Kiss My Face" which has a really great, hydrating lip balm. It can be found at most beauty stores, not sure about drug stores.

...like beauty stores such as Sally's Beauty Supply? if so, then i'm going to look into that. i ♥ my Blistex Silk & Shine lipbalm, but i'm a lipbalm junkie so if it's good, i'll try it!

swaly

The one from Fresh is wonderful but a little too slick for my tastes. It sounds a little funny to think of lip balm in terms of "lasting power" as it has no color that can fade, but the softer, more slippery ones tend to wear off within minutes...I prefer good old cherry Chapstick...it just has the right consistency for me and stays on forever. I also like the $.79 Carmex tube I can only find at a certain Target in Philadelphia....

Copper_Sparkle

Dr. Hauschka, hands down. This is the stuff for seriously chappy, hurting lips.

I got my mom addicted and every friend/co-worker I've given it as gifts to.

Also, If you want a clear balm or one with a little colour, the Prada balms are amazing. The "monodoses" last me weeks, if not months, so, it's nowhere near as expensive as it seems when you buy a box.

Alannah

I don't like Burt's, any vaseline balm or Carmex personally. They don't work at all for me.

My faves are:
Mark. Kiss Therapy
My Lip Stuff (the formula took a bit of getting used to, and it doesn't last long enough but it's great for dry lips)
The Body Shop's Lip Butter
and I love the MAC TLCS too!

I just ordered some Prada Shielding Balm and I can't wait to try that! And a friend is bringing me some Bebe Young Care balm (from Germany), which I've heard is the best balm ever... I'm excited to see what it's like!

Pale Moon

hmm.. am i a wierdo here? i love to use vaseline petroleum jelly. it's great. it's cheap. and it's versatile! (i use it as an emergeny m/u remover!)

Pootle_around

Vaseline doens't moisturise. I don't know how you can use it as a make-up remover Pale Moon - it'll clog your skin right up!

missdiorable

carmex & burts bee's are the best
smiles.gif

devilgirl17

I love Labello hydrocare or medicated. This stuff is fantastic and I hate that I can only buy it online or beg friends going to Europe to buy it for me. I also love Aquaphor. It is fantastic and it really helps my lips.

velvet

im a slave to mama cocos
their orange balm is soooo good! i use it constantly
when i am poor i use prairielad herbal lipbalm, its very nice also

2_pink

I love Burt's Bees lip balm, actually i think i'll put some on right now. I love the tingling feeling, and it heals & softens my lips all the time.

Before i found Burt's, i used Carmex & Soft Lips...which i also liked.

TLC's are kewl, but they dont stay on long & i dont like the smell/taste.

n_j_t

I've tried TBS Cocoa Butter, Palmer's Swivel Stick, Kiehl's, TLCs, Burt's Bees, Labello, Soft Lips, Blistex, Origins, vaseline and several others. Without a doubt, the award goes to Original Rosebud Salve (Strawberry is alright, but not as moisturizing, IMO).

Pale Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootle_around
Vaseline doens't moisturise. I don't know how you can use it as a make-up remover Pale Moon - it'll clog your skin right up!

well, it's my emergency remover, so i only use it to remove eye smudges or stuffs.. when i'm in school in the middle of the day (of course i dun carry around my actual m/u remover! hee!) just dab a tiny bit and wipe off using tissue paper or q-tip or else. it works well on me
smiles.gif
btw, i've found this from some japanese website. it's a great and practical tip. just imo
greengrin.gif

lovemichelle

i use vaseline it to remove eye makeup (the baby kind actually) this bottle doesn't say it since it's for babies, but the regular one says it doesn't clog pores and is reccomended to remove make-up. my mom bought me a huge bottle of the baby kind and it works better and smells good.

Becki

I like Burts Bees and Mama Cocos. I have ordered some MAC lip conditioner so hopefully it will work for me!

cookie fan

I tried so many. My favourites are Nuxe, Carmex and Börlind.
What i don´t like ist pure Vaseline oder Labello.

blueglitter

I love chaptick and avon shea butter lip balm. i dont really buy expensive lipbalms because i go through them so fast.