Chanel Aquarelles collection- new Nieman Marcus exclusive

elegant-one

Hi Peeps! I have no idea what I want. The grey eyeshadow I guess.

Oh, I just bought that new Cleansing Water from Nordies (got the last one) & I LOVE it You don't even need water. Problem is now, its not perm (yet) - stupid!!!

Winthrop44

Hi! Nice to see you!! I ended up ordering the grey shadow and Fauve plus a Rose ecrin for someone else to get the FS.

elegant-one

Hi! Nice to see you!! I ended up ordering the grey shadow and Fauve plus a Rose ecrin for someone else to get the FS.

wavey.gif

So did you get your Enthusiast?

Yes, I should get Fauve too, maybe one for my DIL too. Anyone getting the eyelash curler? I don't use those but kinda want it just because it's Chanel.

BTW - had a great time with the kids!

Winthrop44

Glad you had a great time with the kids! Yes, I
heart.gif
Enthusiast! I raved about it in another thread where we were talking about it, and Shypo is getting it now too.

elegant-one

Glad you had a great time with the kids! Yes, I
heart.gif
Enthusiast! I raved about it in another thread where we were talking about it, and Shypo is getting it now too.
girlhaha.gif
Of course Shypo must get it. I am SO glad you got it - will go check out that thread.

Thanks!
friends.gif

shootergirlnc

I'm getting the eyelash curler, of course! It's time for me to get a new one anyway.

wavey.gif

So did you get your Enthusiast?

Yes, I should get Fauve too, maybe one for my DIL too. Anyone getting the eyelash curler? I don't use those but kinda want it just because it's Chanel.

BTW - had a great time with the kids!

Haven

I ended up adding pink cloud & the RCS to my order, which brings me up to 4 products from this collection - from the Chanel site.

BTW I was browsing ebay, and believe it or not some evilbayers are selling pink cloud already. I saw one listing that had 8 of them for sale at $75 each.
eeksign.gif

Then I searched for the triscuit. Low and behold several listings for this starting at $110.
censored.gif

So I decided to look for gris exquis, which is a bargain (please note sarcasm) at only $51.

And finally the RCS which is a steal for $43.

Bonitinha

^^Thanks for the link, Gail! The color looks so pretty. I'm so glad she compared it to Shell highlighter -- but Shell didn't show up on me at all -- bummer! I have a bunch of things in my cart -- just need to figure out what will work for me before I hit "buy"!

Haven

I ordered my items yesterday afternoon, and they have already shipped. I will be getting them this Friday! Yeah!

Miss QQ

Hi Peeps! I have no idea what I want. The grey eyeshadow I guess.

Oh, I just bought that new Cleansing Water from Nordies (got the last one) & I LOVE it You don't even need water. Problem is now, its not perm (yet) - stupid!!!
How do you use it? I tried it too at the counter. It removed the eyeshadows that I swatched on my hands very well, and it smells wonderful. I'm not sure to use it as a toner or to remove makeup. I have the eyelash curler. It fits my left eye better than my right lol. I'm asymmetrical. It doesn't curl my lashes as well as my shu uemura curler, although with shu it fits my left eye better too. But the chanel curler is slimmer so you can go closer to the root of the lashes.

Here is the eyeshadow. It is a matte grey, and I don't have anything like it. I only own a few silver and a shimmery grey eyeshadow, so I'm glad to have it in my collection. Not sure what to pair it with.

Here is the powder. There are lots of very good pics on the blogs, so this pic is just to show that it comes with a long sponge tip applicator that can be capped. Wonder if the applicator is useful, as I don't usually appreciate the sponge applicators they put in the quads.

elegant-one

MissQQ
"How do you use it? I tried it too at the counter. It removed the eyeshadows that I swatched on my hands very well, and it smells wonderful. I'm not sure to use it as a toner or to remove makeup."

I just squirt some on one of those soft makeup remover cotton pads & wipe it over my face. I haven't tried it to remove eye makeup yet - but like you, when I tried it in the store it easily & nicely removed all trace of makeup! I love how fresh my skin feels after I use it. I use it on my face after I have been out gardening in this heat :) Makes the skin feel so soft & clean.

It is a toner & makeup remover all in one. Perfect.

Since you do not need water, Chanel should make it in purse size dispensers!!!!!

Thanks so much for the el curler information.

Winthrop44

Miss QQ, do you have MAC Hocus Pocus? Maybe that would look good with the grey Chanel shadow? Don't have either myself just yet but I will soon.

Bonitinha

MissQQ -- now you have me thinking I need that e/s. I have so many greys -- but most of them are shimmery and have some silver or blue tones to them. I think that grey would be so pretty on the lid with maybe a dark navy color smoked out on the outer corners.
The powder is so gorgeous -- I am wondering if it will show up on me? My skin gets so shiny, so I usually stay away from highlighters. But I can't get past how pretty it looks!

Icecaramellatte

Oh my gosh! I just went on Chanel.com to see if they have Fauve eyeshadow in stock and I saw this collection! Wow! Something new to obsess over. I love the look of the ombre shadow. I wonder if it will work on my NC 43/44 skin? I'm off to read this whole thread.

jmarie

Hi,

I am new here. I bought Ombres Tissees and wondering how similar it is to the Glow Pearl Powder from Nordstom's anniversary sale. Are they different enough to justify both?

shootergirlnc

I have no clue, but I ended up with both. Hopefully my Tissees will be here tomorrow since I ordered it last week from NM. I'll compare the two. I love Pearl Glow so much that I even bought a backup of it, so I'm hoping this will be just as good!

Hi,

I am new here. I bought Ombres Tissees and wondering how similar it is to the Glow Pearl Powder from Nordstom's anniversary sale. Are they different enough to justify both?