Chanel Fall 2011

LMD84

i hope it arrives either tomorrow or saturday! i'm more needing the new foundation than the shadow though! i pretty much used up the last drop of my vl aqua today! eep!

Miss QQ

Wow, so are you repurchasing the VA? Mine is still about 80% full, because I've been using up my Diorskin Extremefit (finished!) and MUFE 117.

PinkBasset

Hi guys, it's been a while since I wrote here on Chanel threads. What can I say, the fabulous fall collection sucked me back! I only picked Illusoire so far, but I'm planning to get Prelude quad and maybe the polishes. One of the lipsticks and glossimers were so pretty, I'll have to check them out again. I also want more of the new gel shadows, but I have to test Illusoire first to see if they work for me. European ladies, do you find Prelude well pigmented? Is there a huge difference between the US version? I'm thinking if I should buy the one we have here or try to get the US version.

What are the hits in this collection, what are you liking best?

Alisha1

Hi guys, it's been a while since I wrote here on Chanel threads. What can I say, the fabulous fall collection sucked me back! I only picked Illusoire so far, but I'm planning to get Prelude quad and maybe the polishes. One of the lipsticks and glossimers were so pretty, I'll have to check them out again. I also want more of the new gel shadows, but I have to test Illusoire first to see if they work for me. European ladies, do you find Prelude well pigmented? Is there a huge difference between the US version? I'm thinking if I should buy the one we have here or try to get the US version.

I've only purchased Emerveille, Graphite n/p and Peridot n/p so far and I really like them all! I'm wearing Graphite today - its so pretty, I thought it would look too jazzy and its more of an evening polish but it isn't - LOVE! I've yet to try Peridot n/p and if the wear time is good for Graphite I'll pick up Quartz aswell :)

I'm also going to get Prelude, Braise Glossimer and both Rouge Coco's even though the formula doesn't work for my lips!

Prelude swatched great at the store - very pigmented!

Miss QQ

Pinkbasset- mine is the baked quad and it is pigmented. It is also my favorite out of the collection. I like Epatant too and I will say graphite but I haven't worn it yet.

LMD84

welcome back! enjoy illusoire! i have bought eptant gel shadow... or however you spell it! it only arrived yesterday so haven't played with it yet. but it is so funny... squishy like a sponge!

Miss QQ

^^ Great that you found your HG foundation! Hope you'll like Epatant! I wore it today and I love it. I have 3, Fantasme, Epatant and Ebloui, Epatant is my favourite.

Icecaramellatte

I finally tried the Prelude quad after owning it for a few weeks now. I have bought so much lately that I haven't gotten around to it. Shame on me. It looks really great! I only swatched it on my hand in the store and it looked just OK but it looks really fabulous on the eyes. I wore 3 of the 4 shades in the palette. I put the the lower left taupey shade on the lid, the upper left deeper taupey grey shade in the crease with the light beigey upper right color to highlight. Finished with Khaki Platine eyeliner on the lower lashline, Mac Avenue Fluidline on the upper lashline, Mac Sunbasque on the cheeks and Mac Oh, Oh, Oh lipstick. Loved the eyes, very wearable for this extremely warm toned skin. I'm not sure I loved the cheek and lips with this eye look. The lips and cheeks were warm toned but I think the eyes, while leaning cool, were still neutral enough not to clash with the cheeks and lips. So basically, this is really a great quad that will work wonderfully for quick-out-the-door looks.

bis

Welcome back :) I got Illusoire as well and I really like it a lot, but unfortunately I cannot use the stupid brush if my life depended on it. The SA told me to put the brush in vertically, but no matter how I do it, it does not take up any colour. But Illusoire is great :) Prelude is very nicely pigmented and I tried it at a lot of testers ;) It has the same great texture that Lagons has. I also got Etole although it is not red, more plummy and the blush Rose Ecrin. Great collection. When I swatches Khaki Platine it more or less disappeared into my skin (apparently I have blue undertones making my skin olive) and I am not sure about Epatant, as it looked more shimmery than I like at the moment.

Miss QQ

I know. I tried the brush that comes with the gel eyeshadow and couldn't get anything on too. Must try it again like what the SA said. Epatant is shimmery, but the shimmers aren't chunky. Good to hear you like Illusoire!

Alisha1

The brush doesn't pick up any product for me either^ I watched a clip on youtube where someone used their fingers and thats how I've been applying it since! This way I can build the colour up and it applies smoothly :) I want to get illusiore (I think thats what its called...) and Ebloui now! Heck I want all of them!

bis

The brush doesn't pick up any product for me either^ I watched a clip on youtube where someone used their fingers and thats how I've been applying it since! This way I can build the colour up and it applies smoothly :) I want to get illusiore (I think thats what its called...) and Ebloui now! Heck I want all of them!
True, someone recommended this as well and it works, but I wanted to wear Illusoire as a liner for top and lower lashes ;) How are you liking your eyeshadows?

Miss QQ

^^ I use a chanel small angle brush from the christmas set, like the 226. to use Ebloui as a liner. Works well. I have been using the spring quint with my fingers since I bought the gel eyeshadows, and the payoff is good. When I used brush there was very poor payoff. But even my tiny finger is still to fat for my small eyes. Maybe I'll try a synthetic brush on the quint. I feel that the eyeshadows in the quint are pressed too compact and tight so I need something stiff to get the formula out. But the gel shadows from fall are mousse like so it is easier to get it out of the pot and on the skin.

kanne

The brush that comes with them is a fantastic liner brush. The only trouble with using these shadows as a liner (Mirifique specifically) is the glitter, which is does irritate my eyes if I don't manage to remove all of it. They're fantastic though!

So good to hear that about the baked Prelude as well...might have to pick it up!

Anneri

A wonderful advice from a German blogger I picked up recently (the advice, not the blogger): use the little brush which comes with the Illusions D'Ombre as a lip brush! Works like a charm. Also, you can load up the brush with colour for touch ups during a nights out!

Alisha1

A wonderful advice from a German blogger I picked up recently (the advice, not the blogger): use the little brush which comes with the Illusions D'Ombre as a lip brush! Works like a charm. Also, you can load up the brush with colour for touch ups during a nights out!
This was the first thing I thought of doing when I saw the little brushes popping up on blogs! Lol I only have one brush yet...maybe when I purchase my 2nd or 3rd... XD

bis

I only have Emervielle at the moment and I love it! I'm wearing it again today with Avenue Fluidline :) How are you liking yours? I want to collect them all! ...if only...! 
A lot :) Especially when I wear it as a cat eye liner for the lower and higher lash line. Instant great look :) Too bad I never look good in colors like Emerveille. Anybody liking the black one?