Chanel Fall 2011

califabulous

so who has the better lipstick...chanel rouge allure or ysl pur couture? I'm finally ready to spend insane amounts of money for beauty! I assume higher end brands wear better and may be less drying...I have only MAC lipsticks. and while the color is amazing....I really want a better lipstick. one of more quality. I know more money doesn't always equal better quality but what say you? I really want dupes for mac impassioned and girl about town. So far I've found Chanel #65 insolent and YSL Le Fuchsia...I would also love an everyday brownie pink but I'm still searching....

elegant-one

so who has the better lipstick...chanel rouge allure or ysl pur couture? I'm finally ready to spend insane amounts of money for beauty! I assume higher end brands wear better and may be less drying...I have only MAC lipsticks. and while the color is amazing....I really want a better lipstick. one of more quality. I know more money doesn't always equal better quality but what say you? I really want dupes for mac impassioned and girl about town. So far I've found Chanel #65 insolent and YSL Le Fuchsia...I would also love an everyday brownie pink but I'm still searching....

Hi & welcome!

The Chanel RAs have the best soft texture on the lips & the colors are so beautiful. I only have a couple YSL & I really like them too, they are very creamy & the colors are nice too. I still prefer the Chanel RA Neither are drying & have incredibly lovely texture on the lips.

Funny because I was just thinking about this today because I got a free Estee Lauder lipstick in a Gift With Purchase, & after trying it on, I realized why I love & prefer Chanel lipsticks. The Estee Lauder was dry, hardly any great color payoff & the awful quality was so obvious after wearing Chanel.

I still like MAC lipsticks, but for me...you get what you pay for.

califabulous

exactly! yes. Thank you!. You pay for luxury. I don't mind. And I don't want every color lipstick under the rainbow. There are fun and I love fun looks, but now I really want colors that suit me and are my go to's. Even the brighter colors- I want to them to last and not dry out on my lips. I'm excited! I'll have to report back when I decide on the color and buy them!
pompom.gif

elegant-one

exactly! yes. Thank you!. You pay for luxury. I don't mind. And I don't want every color lipstick under the rainbow. There are fun and I love fun looks, but now I really want colors that suit me and are my go to's. Even the brighter colors- I want to them to last and not dry out on my lips. I'm excited! I'll have to report back when I decide on the color and buy them!
pompom.gif

yes.gif
Do that. I always like to know what colors everyone else finds that they like on, YSL's are super creamy. Both lines have really pretty colors that I think you would look great in.

Oh & Chanel has the new Velvet lipsticks coming out at the end of this month.

User38

welcom califabulous.. this is a dangerous thread!

that said.. all he mu is dangerous on the wallet. Each of the two lines you mentioned has great products, and some duds... it really is a question of what you like, and what looks fabulous on you !

Ikram

Hi and welcome

I agree about MAC lipstick.

Chanel RA are definitelly great lipsticks. I have never tried YSL so I can't advice about those but the best lispticks I found so far IMHO are Burberry Lip Covers. Especially for the everyday wearable colors they are winner in my book. I find them more creamy and less drying than RAs.

Miss QQ

I haven't try any YSL lipsticks too. I agree about Burberry lip covers, they are creamy and feels amazing on my lips. They are more moisturizing than all the chanel lipsticks. They also don't feel very heavy or have too much slip such that they go on patchy. But the colour selections is small.

califabulous

Thanks everyone for the wonderful greetings! Oh wow. I've never thought about burberry lipsticks. I'll have to check those out as well. I ordered YSL pur couture in #7 Le Fuchsia and I am waiting to receive it. I want to wait for the Chanel Velvet line and I am looking into the RA Extrait de gloss....I have more "research" to do :) Please keep the info coming. I love this thread!

I haven't try any YSL lipsticks too. I agree about Burberry lip covers, they are creamy and feels amazing on my lips. They are more moisturizing than all the chanel lipsticks. They also don't feel very heavy or have too much slip such that they go on patchy. But the colour selections is small.

katred

Specktra Bestie

The RPC lipsticks are AMAZING. The colours are rich and opaque and the formula is satiny and soft. I have a few of them and I love them all.

jmarie

A lot of people are nuts for the Rouge Voluptes. I bought one and, while I like the colour enough to keep it, the formula is way too slippery for me. I find it's difficult to get it on evenly, more difficult to keep it even and impossible to stop it from feathering. I also found that the typical YSL "melon" smell, which I find sickening, is super-prominent on these.

I agree with you about the slip and feathering. I do like the color selection, I wish Chanel offered more pinky nudes.

User38

I hear you on the Voluptes.. I find the Colour whatevers are better on me.. they wind down and mattify a bit.. I am still in love with YSL #65 Hibiscus.

Chanel's nudes all kind of look the same, until you put them on... but even then they seem similar.. lol. I do love La Furtive tho.. velvety and gorgeous.

Prettypackages

this is such a gorgeous color.

I tried the foundation, concealer, highlighter, and blush and loved them all. I only got the found/concealer for right now though. If the rest is available as I get more money, I will get it.

I'm wearing Illusoire today, and am a bit bummed. I love the color, the amount of sparkle is just right, I even got the brush to work, but after 10 hours (granted, it was super hectic today at work and I was running arou nd a lot) it's creasing. I hate that. I wore it with my usual primer that usually holds every shadow on its place. So annoying! But as a stubborn person, I'll try again tomorrow. Maybe with a pp? Hm.