Chanel Fall 2011

Anneri

I'm wearing Illusoire today, and am a bit bummed. I love the color, the amount of sparkle is just right, I even got the brush to work, but after 10 hours (granted, it was super hectic today at work and I was running arou nd a lot) it's creasing. I hate that. I wore it with my usual primer that usually holds every shadow on its place. So annoying! But as a stubborn person, I'll try again tomorrow. Maybe with a pp? Hm.

bis

I'm wearing Illusoire today, and am a bit bummed. I love the color, the amount of sparkle is just right, I even got the brush to work, but after 10 hours (granted, it was super hectic today at work and I was running arou nd a lot) it's creasing. I hate that. I wore it with my usual primer that usually holds every shadow on its place. So annoying! But as a stubborn person, I'll try again tomorrow. Maybe with a pp? Hm.
What were you using as a primer? And what did you do to get the brush working? Did you use it as a liner brush? Spill your secrets, Missy :)

Anneri

I always use a Max Factor cream e/s that works best for me as a primer - even better than UDPP!
In a way, I used the brush as a liner brush - I picked up some product, put random lines all over my lids and then blended them with the flat side of the brush. Hope I make myself clear...

Btw, Lisa Eldridge used a pencil brush for the Illusion D'Ombres in her latest video on Chanel.com. I'll try that next.

Neicy

Where are all the Chanel lovers? It seems very very slow in here.................................

Winthrop44

I know! It's not the same without Shypo and elegant-one.
nope.gif
Hopefully they and others will be back when the velvets & the holiday collection get released. I guess there's not really all that much to talk about until then.

stv578

There's always something we can talk about!

I tried Graphite on the toes yesterday, possibly one of the last pedicures that I can actually expose as the weather's already changing here. It's super pretty, a bit more sparkle than I'm accustomed to, but so pretty without being your usual bright pedi type shade. Is it just me though, or does it look quite a bit like Kaleidoscope (sp?). I think it's a touch darker and maybe a touch less green, but it looks awfully close.

Miss QQ

Anneri - I use Too Faced eyeshadow insurance, and Fantasme, Ebloui and Epatant didn't crease on me. They lasted all day on me, but I wasn't running around like you did. I hope you try it again and hope it doesn't crease. Fantasme has fallouts so I use Too Faced glitter glue, and I'm surprised by how well the TF glue is. TiffanyD used it in her fall glitter eyes tutorial. And thanks for the head up on the new Lisa Eldridge video. I have been waiting for a new one for quite some time.

Yeah it's quiet here, without HG too. We could still talk about the velvets. :)

Miss QQ

There's always something we can talk about!

I tried Graphite on the toes yesterday, possibly one of the last pedicures that I can actually expose as the weather's already changing here. It's super pretty, a bit more sparkle than I'm accustomed to, but so pretty without being your usual bright pedi type shade. Is it just me though, or does it look quite a bit like Kaleidoscope (sp?). I think it's a touch darker and maybe a touch less green, but it looks awfully close.
I wore Graphite today on my fingers! Love it, and I find it quite sparkly too. Yes, Kaleidoscope is lighter. It is the only nail polish that I regret not buying.
sigh.gif
You can see the side by side comparison here.

http://www.alllacqueredup.com/2011/06/alus-365-untrieds-chanel-graphite-illusions-dombres-de-chanel-fall-2011-collection.html

I also wore Enigma, last fall's quad today, and I love it. I should wear it more often. The colours look great on me. And Cassis e/l too, I love it.
love.gif

I agree that that brush is great as a portable lip brush. If we use the brush that comes with the gel eyeshadow as a lip brush, then we probably can't use the small brush for the eyeshadows. How do you ladies wash lip brushes? I can't get lipsticks or lipglosses off the brushes.

stv578

Gail, I think I have Trapeze, but haven't pulled it out in a very long time! I think they are similar, but Quartz is more grey based, I remember Trapeze as being warmer. I'll have to figure out where it is to compare!

MissQQ, thanks for that link. Graphite is quite a bit darker than Kaleidoscope. They are both super pretty though, so I'm glad I ended up getting Graphite.

LMD84

i have been loving Epatant this past week. i am so shocked and thrilled that it really does last a full working day on my eyes with no creasing or fading. such a stunning shadow! and the sparkles!!! sooo pretty!

Anneri

I agree that that brush is great as a portable lip brush. If we use the brush that comes with the gel eyeshadow as a lip brush, then we probably can't use the small brush for the eyeshadows. How do you ladies wash lip brushes? I can't get lipsticks or lipglosses off the brushes.
That's really easy! I got this from some blogger - just use some cooking oil to clean the bristles. Then, when they are clean and without any colour residue, you can clean them with your usual methos, whether you clean them normally with brush cleanser, soap or shampoo. HTH!

BTW, I used Painterly as a base for Illusoire and it held up nicely. Yay!

RepettoFlats

I loved the texture of the Illusion d'Ombre eyeshadows! I got Illusoire, Mirifique and Épatant, now I want Emeveillé... does anyone know about the new shades that are going to be released next year?

bis

Thanks for all the feedback on the brushes, ladies :) I tried a normal eyeliner brush (the think one from Sigma) and it went on perfectly. While I am confessing, I should mention that I was a bad girl and bought Mirifique *cough* The tip with the wet brush that came with the eyeshadow sounds great. Btw, so far the eyeshadows stay on my eyes extremely well, I have to rub to get them off (without base). Maybe it depends on the colors? I also finally wore Graphite and I am mightlily pleased. After reading on so many blogs that it is very gold, happy to report that it is not on me :)