Counterfeit full size MAC Pigments on eBay

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggablesecret
Can you report these listings?

Yes, you can.

If you go aaaaaaaaall the way down to the bottom page, there are "Other Options" where 'Report this item' is one of them.

Thank you!
smiles.gif

ps: What do you think of All-Girl?

redambition

can you please explain why you believe these auctions to be fakes? I admit, some of them look dodgy and i am not sure if the items are real, but you've not provided any facts to back up your claims that fakes are being sold.

ps - i also just checked macpro and it lists pink vivid under 7.5g pigments, which contradicts your claim that it should be 2.5g.

ExquisiteImages

All-Girl looks authentic to me. The rest of the ones that are in the on-going auctions are fakes because of the fonts on the boxes and how they are positioned on the box. They're not centered. For Aire De Blu, you can see on top of the box that doesn't have the color name, but instead you see numbers.

As far the as auctions that have ended, Goldenaire doesn't have a sticker on top of the box that says it's Goldenaire.

Pink Vivid is indeed 2.5g and not 7.5g. I have an authentic Pink Vivid pigment purchased from a Pro store. Also, the font on the sticker is off.

The wholesale lot of 5 pigments are fakes because of the font on the sticker of the box. It's bolded.

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
can you please explain why you believe these auctions to be fakes? I admit, some of them look dodgy and i am not sure if the items are real, but you've not provided any facts to back up your claims that fakes are being sold.

ps - i also just checked macpro and it lists pink vivid under 7.5g pigments, which contradicts your claim that it should be 2.5g.

I have purchased a Pink Vivid from the MAC Concept Store and it IS 2.5g.

If you're interested, please read "Identifying fake MAC Pigments ***Guide with photos***". I got the thumbs up from the staff at MAC MYER, the MAC Concept Store and caffn8me to put up that guide.

I already have comparison pictures for Dark Soul and will be putting up the comparison pictures of Pink Vivid here and the Sticky thread. I unfortunately didn't really like Golden Olive so I didn't purchase it from the MAC Concept Store but managed to get a sample for comparisons.

Xqueeze_me

The (C)ounterfeit is on the LEFT and (A)uthentic is on the RIGHT.

First picture
- Shows the colour difference.

Second picture
- Boxes' difference.
- The layout of the colour label. Colour labels are ALWAYS on the top right corner.
- (C) colour label font is bolder and less consistent .
- (A) Matte should be a 2.5g, NOT 7.5g.
- The (C) first / (after the Net Wt.) is more vertical than the 2nd / (after 7.5g).
- Distance between PIGMENT.

Third picture
- (A) batch number follows the barcode. A is the first batch, 7 is July and 3 is year 2003.
- (C) batch number A07 does NOT exist and does NOT follow the barcode. A is the first batch, 0 is NO month and 7 is the year (2007).
- Matte colour label on bottom of jar is a see through label.
- (A) barcode is a STICKER label whereas the (C) barcode is PRINTED on.

Fourth picture
- Spelling mistake on PLGMENTOS on (C) box. (A) spelling is PIGMENTOS.

Fifth picture
- (C) cover lid has NO numbers or any raised type numbers whereas (A) has a 2, 12, 3250 and Coltainer III is raised type in the inner circle of the (A) cover lid AND 3251 raised type on the outer circle of the cover lid.

Sixth picture
- Wad seal of (C) more like a "styrofoam" material.

Seventh picture
- (C) Pigments on the left hand side does NOT follow the barcodes, as you can see, the barcodes are ALL the same on the (C) side.
- (A) Pigments batch code follows the barcode on the box and have different barcode numbers.

Eighth picture
- Bottom of (C) are thicker compared to the (A) ones.

Ninth picture
- Once again, this is to show that the (A) cover lid has raised type numbers on it while the (C) coverlids have NOTHING.

I hope this helps!

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheedhee
so is there any place rather than MAC store that we can buy MAC Pigments?

I guess you'll have to try your luck if you want to buy from eBay Autralia or anywhere else rather than the MAC store/counter. I NOW look closely before I place a bid. If I'm not sure, I won't even put a bid at all. I've bought 2 authentic MAC Pigments from 2 separate sellers on eBay without knowing that there are fake MAC Pigments out there until I did an extensive research on the 3 Counterfeit MAC Pigments I bought from another seller, who still wouldn't admit that her MAC Pigments are counterfeits and majority of her buyers are unaware. NEVER know what nasty ingredients are used to make those nasty counterfeits!

Another way to obtain some authentic MAC Pigments are samples! Ask for samples at the MAC Concept Store at South Yarra. I've gotten a few with purchases but they are usually nice enough to give you 2 samples if you request for them.
smiles.gif

Xqueeze_me

Naked - Even if the sticker label is positioned in the correct place, you can still see that the first / (after Net Wt.) is more vertical than the 2nd / (after 7.5g).

dheedhee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
I guess you'll have to try your luck if you want to buy from eBay Autralia or anywhere else rather than the MAC store/counter. I NOW look closely before I place a bid. If I'm not sure, I won't even put a bid at all. I've bought 2 authentic MAC Pigments from 2 separate sellers on eBay without knowing that there are fake MAC Pigments out there until I did an extensive research on the 3 Counterfeit MAC Pigments I bought from another seller, who still wouldn't admit that her MAC Pigments are counterfeits and majority of her buyers are unaware. NEVER know what nasty ingredients are used to make those nasty counterfeits!

Another way to obtain some authentic MAC Pigments are samples! Ask for samples at the MAC Concept Store at South Yarra. I've gotten a few with purchases but they are usually nice enough to give you 2 samples if you request for them.
smiles.gif

even we didn't buy anything from them?or we need to purchased something...

MACATTAK

I purchased an All Girl from this seller, and it was very much FAKE!! It didn't have the correct numbers, and the color was waaaaayyyy off! Seller said they bought these pigments in a lot, and didn't know. If you're selling makeup, you better know!

Ernie

This is all so confusing, I'll have to stick to sellers I've bought from in the past, that have had authentic Mac.

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
even we didn't buy anything from them?or we need to purchased something...

I didn't purchase anything the first time when I asked for 2 samples. Just tell them you want to try out first before you buy. I'm sure they'll understand.

Quote:
This is all so confusing, I'll have to stick to sellers I've bought from in the past, that have had authentic Mac.

It's safer that way because you KNOW that you've purchased from the trusted seller and the MAC they sold are authentic.

Quote:
BTW The fake was from Beccagirl13

She seems to have quite a handful of counterfeit MAC Pigments up for auction.

HTF Deckchair MAC Pigment
Rare MAC Golden Lemon Pigment
MAC Frozen White Pigment
MAC Melon Pigment
MAC Naked Pigment

Did you manage to get your refund back, MACATTAK? I do hope so! If enough people report that these items are fake, it'll be taken down.

BTW, I got this from the MAC Website:
Quote:
I want to sell M·A·C products. What should I do?
While we appreciate your interest in M·A·C products, please be advised that our products are distributed for sale only at our authorised retail store accounts, the majority of which are located in major department stores or international perfumeries. While there are other points of sale, we are not seeking to expand our distribution network at this time and we do not offer franchises.

So this means that there are NO other ways that anyone could buy a whole LOT from "suppliers" to resell. I got duped by that the first time, which is why I want to post these information and make people aware that there are counterfeit MAC Pigments out there (and counterfeit cosmetics!) and dodgy sellers who just wants to make a profit from selling the nasty things. I don't blame the sellers who GENUINELY don't know that their MAC Pigments are fake BUT those who got them from their "suppliers" SHOULD and WOULD know that they bought and sell counterfeits for profit.

dheedhee

can anyone please check this Item number: 200101236931 on ebay, if is that genuine or fakes mac pigments?

dheedhee

Quote:
I didn't purchase anything the first time when I asked for 2 samples. Just tell them you want to try out first before you buy. I'm sure they'll understand.

I might try to go Chapel St tomorrow then while my bf is working. Are they gonna open tomorrow since tomorrow is a public holiday?

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
can anyone please check this Item number: 200101236931 on ebay, if is that genuine or fakes mac pigments?

They do seem genuine judging by the label on the bottom of the jars but you never know they might show the genuine picture but send you the counterfeits in sample jars. That's what I think anyway but it's entirely up to you to decide.

According to caffn8me in the thread "Counterfeit pigments on eBay from Hong Kong - makeupforever168":
Quote:
Seller, makeupforever168, is based in Hong Kong - many counterfeit pigments originate in Hong Kong

Quote:
I might try to go Chapel St tomorrow then while my bf is working. Are they gonna open tomorrow since tomorrow is a public holiday?

Why don't you give the MAC Concept store at South Yarra a call and ask if they open tomorrow? Their number is listed in the MAC Website. Let me know if they do open during public holidays!
thmbup.gif

dheedhee

Quote:

Why don't you give the MAC Concept store at South Yarra a call and ask if they open tomorrow? Their number is listed in the MAC Website. Let me know if they do open during public holidays!
thmbup.gif

they do open tomorrow from 1pm - 5pm
smiles.gif

Xqueeze_me

I just had a look around and saw what she was selling.

All I'm going to say is I won't buy a thing from her.

Thanks for letting me know about the MAC Concept Store opening time for tomorrow, dheedhee.
smiles.gif