Counterfeit full size MAC Pigments on eBay

ExquisiteImages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
That 3 full sized ones are fake.. the base of the jars are way thicker than the authentic ones plus the screw top lid is closed completely. If they're new, they should have the plastic cover lid and should NOT close completely! YAAAAAHHHHHH That seller is from Thailand!! THOSE FAKERS!!!!

The Matte Orange Pigment seems ok.. The screw top lid is not closed completely and the box is authentic. The jar's base is not as thick as the counterfeit ones. Colour label on top of the box is not on the bottom left corner of the box (which is a good sign.. and it may be on the top right corner). Matte Orange is 2.5gram, which is printed on the box.

The Shimmersweet looks ok too. The proof are similar to the Matte Orange Pigment BUT we never know, eh! More pictures are needed to prove its authenticity, especially the label on top of the box, bottom of the jar, etc. Uhhmmm.. is there such a MAC Pigment name as Shimmersweet? I've NEVER heard of it!!

The 3 full size pigments are indeed counterfeits ALSO because if you read the seller's listing description, it states the 3 pigments colors are Seedy Pearl, White Frost, Gorgeous Gold. Seedy pearl and gorgeous gold are NOT pigment colors, but rather are MAC eyeshadows colors. I never heard of White Frost pigment neither.

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
Wait, so you're saying she took your info that you gave her on why the product is fake, and tried to change the way it looked to make it seem authentic???

Yup! She did! I asked her if thats the original box that came with it and she said yes. This one is a dodgy one! I already said the position of the label on the top flap of the box is WRONG but she still put the colour label on the same wrong spot. You know when you peel black stickers and then white creases appear? That's what that Aire De Blue's colour label looks like.. Look closely at the label on top the of the words, Aire De Blu, and see the white creases.

She STILL wouldn't admit that her item is fake!

Gemstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
The Shimmersweet looks ok too. The proof are similar to the Matte Orange Pigment BUT we never know, eh! More pictures are needed to prove its authenticity, especially the label on top of the box, bottom of the jar, etc. Uhhmmm.. is there such a MAC Pigment name as Shimmersweet? I've NEVER heard of it!!

They changed the name of the product to Shimmertime, which seems much more correct for the product shown. What do you all think now?

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemstone
Here's a new one: I have never seen the barcode on top before; but everything else looks OK to me. What do you think of this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=014

LOL That's a funny one! It does look WEIRD because Pigments in the 2003 batch.. The barcodes are in the original spot as the authentic MAC Pigments - BOTTOM OF THE BOX. I have a Fairylite A84 but I've never seen barcodes on top of the box near the colour label on top like that. WEIRD! I also don't think the MAC Counters would sell them THAT way because it looks unprofessional. Possibly sold by other company, who uses those barcodes, that represents MAC?

What do you girls think?

Xqueeze_me

Aire De Blu again! It was while I was writing up a "How to spot fake MAC Pigments" guide (which limits to only 10 pictures only! GAAAAHHH) and looking for pictures, I realised that I've actually saved the previous picture that she used before and then she changed it. The box looks different but the jar still looks the same!

Before/Then
Aire-de-blu.jpg

Picture sourced from www.eBay.com

After/Now
AireDeBlu.jpg

Picture sourced from www.eBay.com

astronaut

^ Wow. Now that's shady and kind of funny in a sad way! That's 100% evidence there that she knows she's selling a fake! What a stupid ho... LOL

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
^ Wow. Now that's shady and kind of funny in a sad way! That's 100% evidence there that she knows she's selling a fake! What a stupid ho... LOL

HAHAHAHAHAHA Goodness! I never expect a reply like that from you, astronaut! LOL
lmao.gif

But yea, ANYWAY! I wanted to send a reply to this seller and tell her the errors that I (including the members here) can still see in the Now picture but she might, once again, try to change something, take another picture and then re-post it again. :|

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemstone
I can't tell on these... are these real or fake?

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-MAC-COSMETICS-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-of-5-BN-full...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks all of you!

First one is definitely FAKE! The base of the jars are too thick. White Frost, Humid and Zeal? NEVER heard of those names! ANYTHING MAC from beautiquity and/or Thailand are FAKES so NEVER purchase from them!!

The second one looks ok. The base of the jars are not thick like the first ones. The colours look genuine (but once again, its dangerous to use colours to indicate whether if an item is fake). Best ask for a picture of the bottom of the jars.

Get a load of this (thanks panda0410!), Lot of 12 MAC Pigment Eyeshadow Full Size New Boxed. Seller doesn't even know the colour names!!! How dodgy! Eeeks!

Xqueeze_me

Would anyone buy this:

Kitschmas
BlurryKitschmas.jpg

Picture sourced from www.eBay.com.au

Jasmine High Tea Collection Gold Frost Eyeshadow
Jasmineeyeshadow.jpg

Picture sourced from www.eBay.com.au

So these two have blurry MAC item pictures to go with the auctions yet other branded cosmetics (and MAC lipglasses, Eye Kohls and Nail polish) by the same seller, have crystal clear pictures. Would you:

a) Stay away/Ignore
b) Request for clearer pictures
c) Bid on it
d) Ask for opinions (Like what I'm doing now! hehe)
e) Other: [Please explain]

There are no right or wrong answers!
smiles.gif

Gemstone

I would request better pictures, including the bottom of the jar, back of the box. Go from there. If they can't provide better pics, I would walk away.

panda0410

if you look through chrisshane's feedback you will see that he bought a full jar of both kitschmas and helium (which sold the other day) from wc-racer not that long ago - its a fair bet this is the item he has bought and re-selling, but if you are worried just ask him for pics

Xqueeze_me

Ahhh... in that case, I rest my case! hehe I just wanted to know what potential buyers will do if they encounter that.
smiles.gif

Thanks!

Xqueeze_me

Ok, what about this one?

Melon - The box looks fine BUT:

1) Colour label on top of the box is missing
2) Font of label on bottom of jar looks huge?

panda0410

I think that the batch code for this melon is wrong! Somebody correct me otherwise please
winks.gif
Also, batch codes are now imprinted on the backs of new boxes, I cant see one here??

Xqueeze_me

ARE THESE UPDATED FAKES?

Lovely Lily, Goldenaire and All Girl
- Bottom of jars are as thick as the counterfeit jars (First 3 on the left are fakes).
- The fonts of colour labels on top of the boxes look too bold, big AND weird!!
- The MAC fonts printed on the jar are too bold.
- I think the boxes are updated fakes? Although its similar to the counterfeit boxes with lots of light scratches. Even if the position of the colour label is correct, the fonts look way too non-MAC style.

Seller just started selling too.. Only 2 feedbacks so far! I would LOVE to ask for pictures of the bottom of the jars and front + bottom of box but I'm afraid my feedback will make the seller ignore me. :/

What do you think??

End of "Are these updated fakes?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Check this out:

New MAC Cosmetics Shimmer Pigment (x3) - The jars look unusually thick. Please correct me if I'm wrong but Blue, Bronze (This one exist, I know) and Pink Shimmer?

New MAC Cosmetics Shimmer Pigment
(x2) - The jars' bottom look unusually thick too, compared to the authentic MAC jars. White and Dark Grey Shimmer?

*Just sent the seller a message asking for the name of the Pigments.*

Beautiful Ivy (Does this exist?)
Electric Blue (Does this exist?)
Copper Sparkle
Pink Shimmer (Does this exist?)

I think this seller, red_si, also uses other sellers' pictures.
red_si Fuschia vs hoangancali Fuschia
red_si Golden Olive vs hoangancali Golden Olive

All Girl - It looks legit but the seller dabbed her finger on the Pigment. lol BIN US$65. A bit too expensive there!

panda0410

red_si IS using hoanganhcali's pics - she has simply chopped the water mark off the photos....

As for the others, I keep finding aussie ebay the most unreliable and dishonest place to buy pigments and as I have mentioned before the ONLY aussies I will buy pigments or anything mac off are linda.and.rosie , blackchrissie11 , and gorgon_inc - they all sell authentic goods guaranteed!! I have bought the occasional mac item from other aussie sellers, but for these sellers the item was an isolated mac listing and of them none were fake, but I wont touch the others.

Xqueeze_me

Some more fake pigments!

Jar bottoms are way too thick compared to the authentic MAC Pigment jars. 3-day listings too! Hmmph!
Golden Olive
Steel Blue
Coco (Cocco?)

By the way, no reply from the eBay seller about her pigments. Its sad to see people still bidding on them fakies. Yes, jars are way too thick and the seller didn't provide the proper MAC Pigment names.
Shimmer Pigments x3
Shimmer Pigments x2

The "grey" shimmer pigment looks a lot like the counterfeit Dark Soul.