Counterfeit full size MAC Pigments on eBay

1165Cheryl

Quote:

LOL, LOL, do they really think they can get away with that...they are trying to target to Mac user's since us old timers know it's bs.

ruqayya33

OMG!!!!!

First of all, let me say THANK YOU
th_kiss.gif
, THANK YOU
th_shake2.gif
, THANK YOU
kissy.gif
to all of you posters here in this thread.
urock.gif
th_worship.gif

I'm new to MAC
cheerleader.gif
and have been thinking about trying out some pigments. Not knowing how to spot fakes and what to look for, I'm amazed at the info I received here.

This thread has me convinced that I will not waste my money or risk my health, buying MAC makeup on Ebay.

The fact that Ebay has shut down samples sellers of genuine MAC products, while allowing "big time" sellers of fake shyte to go on duping customers, baffles me. I'm also not sure why MAC would be part of this. Wouldn't a sample seller of the real stuff benefit MAC, in the end? I like to buy samples and try them out for a few days/occassions/looks, before I plunk down some serious cash and then end up having no use for a full size (and pricey) product.

ruqayya33

Ok... this is somewhat
oh.gif
t: since this thread is about pigments on ebay.... but I remember reading here, that some ebay sellers claim that some of their products are HTF or RARE.................

While checking something on MUA, I saw this little ad and thought
hmm.gif
:

MAC COSMETICS BRUSH CLEANSER CLEANER FULL SIZE HTF

http://cgi.ebay.com/MAC-COSMETICS-BR...cmdZVie wItem

:what: I never thought that MAC brush cleanser would be HTF.
th_dunno.gif

wolfsong

Lol! Good find. Its been thoroughly established (by Panda i believe) that 'Dust Violet' isnt a bloody pigment colour. You'd think they'd actually take a gander at the mac sites, or better yet specktra. Fools...
The box stickers arent even in the correct place! I havent seen dodgy sticker placement since i joined here (and then i think it was backlog posts!)
The bases are very thick, and the 'pigment' looks cheap and nasty...

I sent the seller a message telling them to remove them as its illegal, against ebay policy and immoral to sell these, and listed the possible health issues and reasons why the pigs are counterfeit - im hoping she'll listen.

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong
Lol! Good find. Its been thoroughly established (by Panda i believe) that 'Dust Violet' isnt a bloody pigment colour. You'd think they'd actually take a gander at the mac sites, or better yet specktra. Fools...
The box stickers arent even in the correct place! I havent seen dodgy sticker placement since i joined here (and then i think it was backlog posts!)
The bases are very thick, and the 'pigment' looks cheap and nasty...

Thanks! If you're interested, here's the thread re girly_face. I've sent the seller a message that she bought the whole load of shitty fakes from girly_face and told her to check my feedback AND google 'fake mac pigments' to research about it.

Panda and I were "researching" about Dust Violet and came to the conclusion that Dust Violet is a counterfeit. I have NO sympathy for the buyers anymore who I try to warn but they just ignore me.

ps: By the way, I've purchased the same Golden Olive from girly_face and its just sitting in front of me right now. She is EVIL. I'm not surprised if girly_face turned out to be miss-modern-miss on eBay.

wolfsong

Oh my - can you get a refund?
I find it odd when you spend the time messaging the buyers of these sellers with evidence/info, and then they just ignore you (im guessing thats what they do as ive had about 1/3 message back to ask for more info, give thanks etc - i always wonder if the contacted the seller and were fed bull from them). Maybe they just think im another seller/buyer.

Edit: specktra power!

"Hi ,
Thank you for the tip , you are the second person tonight to enform me of this problem .
As stated I did purchase them off Ebay several months ago and apparently the seller was not so honest and sold fakes , I must say I had no idea as have never used them . But to put your mind at ease I will be removing the listing as not my intention to sell anything dishonestly .
Thank you again for enlightening me .
Kind regards
rebeccak2803"

Would it be right to assume the other person was you?
whistle.gif

Xqueeze_me

Yea, lucky I got a full refund including postage.

The buyers were probably fed bull by the seller and then ignore us. Ditto!

Ps: Yes, that other person is me... *innocent smile*

wolfsong

Haha, ive started adding certain scary, but potentially true reactions to counterfeit MAC when dealing with buyers/seller:
skin lesions
skin erosion
severe/allergic reactions
blindness
death (poisoning/toxic shock).

It seems to work
graucho.gif

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
They look so skanky - like coloured talc! $30 - are you kidding me?!

You can actually see the pigment on this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/50-x-2-4g-Sam...QQcmdZViewItem

Old Gold looks strikingly like Golden Lemon...

HAHAHA Yes! Old Gold looks like Golden Lemon. Soft Rose: WTH?, Pink Bronze looks like Apricot Pink?, Rose looks kinda like Ruby Red and Gold Brown: WTH?!

I won't be surprised if people still buy them. BLAH! That kind of container sucks because once you accidentally flip it open, its a goner.

Bloody hell! Makes me want to sell samples now that eBay is letting the sellers sell samples again! :/ Of course I'd use screw-top containers!
winks.gif

angi

Here's some more from a UK seller:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BNIB-MAC-PIGMENT-FULL-SIZE-BLUE_W0QQitemZ110185767581QQihZ001QQcategoryZ11866 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BNIB-MAC-PIGMENT-FULL-SIZE-GOLD_W0QQitemZ110186335277QQihZ001QQcategoryZ11866 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BNIB-MAC-PIGMENT-FULL-SIZE-TAN-COLOUR_W0QQitemZ110186339037QQihZ001QQcategoryZ118 66QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BNIB-MAC-PIGMENT-FULL-SIZE-DARK-SOUL_W0QQitemZ110187407458QQihZ001QQcategoryZ11866 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's weird, everytime the box batch number is pictured, it seems to be from batch A56.... even for the blue pigment, can't think why that is!

The barcodes out, the stickers missing (or stickers with just numbers on), the seller has a number of each colour to sell, and why WOULD anyone with genuine blue pigments sell them for £7.50?

And yet, people still continue to buy from this seller, and leave them positive feedback!

rockin

I've reported that seller on 2 days now, for new batches of listings, but ebay never seem to do much about these people

1165Cheryl

In the past 2-3 days 'I've reported 2 people and these were one of them. One person that I was reporting forever finally got removed. It takes good sellers like us to keep reporting fake sellers until ebay finally does something about it.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
HAHAHA Yes! Old Gold looks like Golden Lemon. Soft Rose: WTH?, Pink Bronze looks like Apricot Pink?, Rose looks kinda like Ruby Red and Gold Brown: WTH?!

I won't be surprised if people still buy them. BLAH! That kind of container sucks because once you accidentally flip it open, its a goner.

Bloody hell! Makes me want to sell samples now that eBay is letting the sellers sell samples again! :/ Of course I'd use screw-top containers!
winks.gif

dizzygal

I cant believe that people are actually buying this trash I have reported the seller and yet as always eBay do sweet ........

On another note has anyone bought fullsized pigment from beverley belle?
I am waiting on one

wolfsong

From what ive seen she's perfectly legitimate - though even some of the best sellers can accidently send out a fake accidently, so i would still check it to make sure. However she has 100% positive feedback of over 2000 different customers - so thats good news!

angi

I've brought from beverley belle a couple of times, everything I got from her was legit.

Shes really nice too, she normally puts the batch numbers onto the auctions, but I was interested in a couple of pigments that didn't have the batch numbers on, and she got back to me really quickly. I'd definitely buy from her again.

1165Cheryl

Thank you for you fast responce
smiles.gif
I had a feeling she was OK because she was more then willing to send me additional pictures of the item. Since it was all girl and kinda expensive then I'm glad i didnt waste my money to see if it was fake or not
smiles.gif
Now i've been told by ebay and others in forum/auction sites that sellers cant charge sales tax. Is that correct? I use to when I was on ebay and was told I couldnt. Before I talk further with her about that issue I wanted to run it by you woflsong.
thanks
smiles.gif
)

Quote:
From what ive seen she's perfectly legitimate - though even some of the best sellers can accidently send out a fake accidently, so i would still check it to make sure. However she has 100% positive feedback of over 2000 different customers - so thats good news!