Counterfeit full size MAC Pigments on eBay

1165Cheryl

Hi,

I would report them...all the years I sold on ebay & reported atleast 5 sellers selling fakes over the few years there. If you give EBAY the info above they should take her stuff down fast. Whenever I reported a fake the seller they were gone within 1-2 days. I know some trustworthy full jar sellers if anyone would like their names. I'm a sample seller and get most of my pigments from MACPRO or MAC cosmetics. Sometimes if I need a color fast or if it's a discontinued one then I buy it from trustworthy sellers. A few times I didnt know the seller well but I already had the colors so I knew what to look for and once it arrived could tell if it was a fake or not. I would also have them send me pics of the box (all sides) and the jar. Oh, FYI I'll be ordering the whole Rushmetal collection next week along with colors I'm low on. If you end up reporting them and need others to back you up, let me know. I saw a person today selling a 1/4 tsp of blue brown for 7.00!! She was calling it rare and discontinued, those kind of things really upset me, I dont like seeing buyers get ripped off or lied too.....

I havent read all the pages up to the last reply, just the first one. So this reply might sound out of synk a little
smiles.gif

Uofmchick18

hi guys..i have a quick question regarding the matte pigments, esp the older disc ones. Are all the matte pigments (even current ones) are all 2.5 gm or 7.5 gm? Ive seen on ebay several and dont know if theyre authentic or not. Can someone help me out?

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uofmchick18
hi guys..i have a quick question regarding the matte pigments, esp the older disc ones. Are all the matte pigments (even current ones) are all 2.5 gm or 7.5 gm? Ive seen on ebay several and dont know if theyre authentic or not. Can someone help me out?

ALL the pro mattes are 2.5gm
smiles.gif

ETA - I was just enlightened by xqueeze_me..lol..her Black Black bought directly from MAC Melbourne is 7.5gm
winks.gif

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl
Hi,

I would report them...all the years I sold on ebay & reported atleast 5 sellers selling fakes over the few years there. If you give EBAY the info above they should take her stuff down fast. Whenever I reported a fake the seller they were gone within 1-2 days. I know some trustworthy full jar sellers if anyone would like their names. I'm a sample seller and get most of my pigments from MACPRO or MAC cosmetics. Sometimes if I need a color fast or if it's a discontinued one then I buy it from trustworthy sellers. A few times I didnt know the seller well but I already had the colors so I knew what to look for and once it arrived could tell if it was a fake or not. I would also have them send me pics of the box (all sides) and the jar. Oh, FYI I'll be ordering the whole Rushmetal collection next week along with colors I'm low on. If you end up reporting them and need others to back you up, let me know. I saw a person today selling a 1/4 tsp of blue brown for 7.00!! She was calling it rare and discontinued, those kind of things really upset me, I dont like seeing buyers get ripped off or lied too.....

I havent read all the pages up to the last reply, just the first one. So this reply might sound out of synk a little
smiles.gif

I HATE seeing people being ripped off or lied to!

My 'Report this item' doesn't seem to work. All the responses I get from eBay are automated like this:

Quote:
Thank you for writing eBay's SafeHarbour Department about a listing or seller you would like us to investigate for fraudulent activity. We are concerned about this type of activity and want to assure you that we will review your report as soon as possible, usually within 24 hours.

Due to privacy concerns, we will not keep you informed about the status of our investigation. While you will only receive this acknowledgement of the receipt of your report, please be assured that we will thoroughly review the situation.

Then eBay let the criminals get away with selling their counterfeit rubbish. Even emails reports go ignored. How... unethical of eBay.

thelilprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloomy.bear
s.gif
denisef609 is a genuine seller, in my honest opinion. Have had pigments and pallettes from her in the past without any problems.

yeah, i got 2 others to confirm that denisef609 sells authentic MAC, so I ordered from her.

i have reported the obvious fakes i come across (some really ugly quads that you know just aren't MAC) but i continue to see them sell the quads as well as pigments (i really am not good at looking at the pictures to see if it's fake pigments or not)

all these counterfeit sales really discourages from wanting to buy off ebay. sucks so much.

but i think it's great that people post these threads on what to look out for, and how to spot fakes. thanks all. it's a lot of work to help us look out for ourselves and others when it comes to buying authentic MAC and not fakes.

1165Cheryl

I know, when I say these on Ebay I couldnt beleive it myself!!! I'm now selling on another auctions site along with here and some of the same stuff is happening over there! Not only the full size sellers but sample sellers are calling colors like "blue brown" rare and discontinued and are asking 4.25 for 1/4 tsp even sample plus 4.50 for shipping. As a sample seller that gets me so upset, not only are new MAC buyers being lied & ripped off, it gives the honest & authentic sellers overall a bad name. New pigment users wont know who they can and cannot trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
Check this out!

3 MAC Pigment colour loose powders 3 sample sizes!!!!

MAC sample jars have the raised lettering "M.A.C" on top of the black cover lid... not printed on..

This lot is from the Thai faker, Obagesa:
Obagesa2.jpg

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl
Not only the full size sellers but sample sellers are calling colors like "blue brown" rare and discontinued and are asking 4.25 for 1/4 tsp even sample plus 4.50 for shipping.

Good point - its happening here too - one AU seller who does sell authentic stuff advertises their Blue Brown as rare all the time and I actually saw them get over $45AU for a 2.5gm VIAL of Golden Olive - again advertised as RARE and DC! Very sad to see that clearly the new bidders had no idea what they were bidding on......
ssad.gif

Xqueeze_me

My my my. Look at this load of rubbish! Does the last picture look familiar??? :teehee:

Seller is princesswholesale88 (Changed ID 3 times) from Taiwan. Item location is in THAILAND.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fake Fairylite. Funny to see that seller, pigglyluv, listing it as RARE.

Another seller, charleyandemily, selling the same pigments as the UK seller, designercosmetics2007 and Aussie seller, its_a_hair_affair turned d.i.v.a-la-g.l.a.m. (Thread re designercosmetics2007 and two-faced seller)

Seller from China, twis_my, selling her rubbish fakes. *shakes head*

It sure is ironic to see people sell samples on eBay again!

Xqueeze_me

girly_face and fanny_kaka9898 are officially "NO LONGER REGISTERED USERS"!!
:woots:

(Knowing counterfeit criminals, they'd probably open a new account but what the heck!!)

Well done and 'THANK YOU' to the Specktrettes for their support!!

bouquet.gif

1165Cheryl

Lol, Lol, I Dont See How They Think They Can Get Away With This Garbage... I'm Contantly Reporting Fake Sellers Along With Others I Know. You'd Think These Guys Would Know Better By Now...i Really Hate It When The Call A Regular Or Pro Color A "rare" And Charge Bucks For It. New Mac Users Wont Know The Differance And Then It Gives All Sellers A Bad Name...