Counterfeit Nars - Post your possible counterfeit items here

Opalmoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by red
I'll put it here, both these blushes (Orgasm & Lovejoy) were purchased directly from Nars. Please notice the boxes have different font on front, and on back one has the text directly printed on the box, the other its a sticker.
Ok why does Nars have to create confusion
greengrin.gif
... how can we spot a fake, if even they are not consistent with the packaging.

note difference in font type, also one says 4.5 the other 4.8 grams ( i found this strange)
also upon closer inspection, one is made in usa, the other in canada

I know...it's strange. I emailed the CS about the size matter last September, here's the answer:

Thank you for your inquiry and interest in NARS Cosmetics.

The correct weight for the NARS Blush is 4.5g (0.16oz). Some of our previous blush stock has 4.8g displayed, however we had some slight modifications to the packaging (compact) which in no way effected the amount provided for the powder blush.

If we can assist you further please don't hesitate to contact us.

musicalhouses

hey girls! i received a nars e/s in a swap today, and it looks pretty real to me, except that the back of my container too has this dreaded CONTAINER MADE IN ITALY MODELE DEPOSE. however it looks real in all other accounts (back label, pan size, container etc). can someone help me tell? i have posted a few pics. Ashes to Ashes is an e/s I bought myself from sephora (so i know its real) but the other color is biarritz, which i just got in a swap.

Left- Ashes to Ashes, Right - Biarritz

1183380.JPG

looks OK, the texture of the casing is slightly different, but im thinking it might be because it's dirty? (my a2a is really very clean since its new. but i'll clean it with a wet wipe and report back)

Right - Ashes to Ashes, Left - Biarritz
1183382.JPG

Photos of the Biarritz label
1183383.JPG

1183384.JPG

1183385.JPG

Photo of my Ashes to Ashes label
1183386.JPG

what do you girls think? is the biarritz fake or no? thanks girls!

UPDATE:the MADE IN ITALY MODELE DEPOSE words are not necessarily indicative that the e/s is fake. apparentlye i'm told (by a huge nars fan on MUA whom i trust and PM'ed for help with this) that the older packaging has these 2 lines on it. I'm not sure when they changed the packaging to get rid of the text, but my biarritz says EE6, while my Ashes to ashes says EP8, so i'm guessing probably somewhere between 2006 and 2008. anyone have any other thoughts?

metal_romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by na_pink
just to add kissandmakeupny.com also has an ebay store called makeupboutique

I just looked at the ebay store, and there were lots of things I wanted. I asked them if they were 100% authentic and they replied yes.
thmbup.gif

Then, to be certain, I asked if they had the NARS logo embossed into the powder (sneaky, sneaky) and they replied yes again!
thmbdn.gif

Then I asked about that (very politely, thanking them for all their help, etc.) and they replied "we have 2 stores in NY..check out my feedback, thank you"... not really answering me properly, but....??

Can anybody help me please?
th_dunno.gif

Soire

Are you talking about this seller?
I bought two items from him, NARS Night Porter & Albatross. Both are authentic. No NARS logo embossed into the powder, just that little plastic paper with the logo. I hope that helps, I can take pics too but I'm sure they're authentic.

Soire

Probably. I messaged the seller before my first purchase and got a really confusing reply too
greengrin.gif
, but everything went well with both of my orders! And my package arrived really fast.
thmbup.gif

mandycd

I just grabbed a handful of my nars blushes... ALL were purchased by me at either Sephora or Nordstrom... most of them say .15 (luster, torrid, amour, deep throat, mata hari, albatross, lovejoy, dolce vita, outlaw...)

It's weird that the box doesn't match... but it is very possible they just stuck it in any nars box...

HeatherLouWho

I clean my compacts with face wipes and it gets them clean without ruining the compact finish.

Does anyone know what to look for as far as batch codes? How does the NARS batch code system work?

iShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherLouWho

Does anyone know what to look for as far as batch codes? How does the NARS batch code system work?

I'm really curious about this too!

iShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvbeautynz
NARS ANGELIKA Palette 402*Brand newBoxed/Fresh/Gorgeous - eBay (item 280376360879 end time Jul-28-09 15:22:31 PDT)

I think this is fake too, I don't think NARS has ever released any 12 colored eye shadow palette. This seller is also selling other NARS & MAC items that all look fake to me.

afaik, all NARS palettes' numbers start with 99... like 9944, 9947, etc. and i agree, i've seen the 12 pan palettes and i think they're fake. watch out for the seller that has the 6 color palettes, in the title he always mentions how he's a powerseller, and in the description he says how he and his wife "do this for a living," but i'm pretty sure he's selling fakes. but they're the most realistic looking fakes i've seen yet.

paopao

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal_romantic
I just looked at the ebay store, and there were lots of things I wanted. I asked them if they were 100% authentic and they replied yes.
thmbup.gif

Then, to be certain, I asked if they had the NARS logo embossed into the powder (sneaky, sneaky) and they replied yes again!
thmbdn.gif

Then I asked about that (very politely, thanking them for all their help, etc.) and they replied "we have 2 stores in NY..check out my feedback, thank you"... not really answering me properly, but....??

Can anybody help me please?
th_dunno.gif

Kissandmakeup's items are not fakes, but their customer care's service is just awful. A friend of mine didn't receive her last two orders and now they don't reply to her emails. She has promised not to buy there anymore.
thmbdn.gif

aussiemacluvrrr

Re: Counterfeit NARS items

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxes7
I usually get mine from http://www.kissandmakeupny.com/index.html

They do flat rate shipping worldwide, used to be 5.95usd but it seems to have increased to 7.95.

I've never had problems before with authenticity, and they actually have a shopfront in NY so I'm pretty sure it's legit.

Hope that helps!

Thanks so much for the suggestion of this website!! I just bought two lipglosses and two blushes and paid $130AUD less than if I had bought the same products from Mecca Cosmetica! Sooo happy
greengrin.gif

RedRibbon

Elle it might be easier to get someone to CP the goods over to you as I haven't found much authentic stuff on ebay as far as NARS is concerned.

There are some sellers which are sly and put their watermark over the NARS imprint and over the mirror so that you don't see that it's fake. I was also going to buy NARS from a seller on ebay but as the blush was only £10 I didn't because it was brand new and I was suspicious even though he had no more NARS up for sale. However, I've been following his items for sale and every time he sells a blush, he puts another one up for sale and they are all called Angelika but they have different numbers after them when everyone knows, even after a cursory glance at the NARS site that not all the blushes are called Angelika.

That's just a heads up to say that just because a seller only has one item by NARS up for sale, it's no guarantee that he/she is selling authentic stuff as many sellers are wising up to smarter buyers.

elle25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRibbon
Elle it might be easier to get someone to CP the goods over to you as I haven't found much authentic stuff on ebay as far as NARS is concerned.

There are some sellers which are sly and put their watermark over the NARS imprint and over the mirror so that you don't see that it's fake. I was also going to buy NARS from a seller on ebay but as the blush was only £10 I didn't because it was brand new and I was suspicious even though he had no more NARS up for sale. However, I've been following his items for sale and every time he sells a blush, he puts another one up for sale and they are all called Angelika but they have different numbers after them when everyone knows, even after a cursory glance at the NARS site that not all the blushes are called Angelika.

That's just a heads up to say that just because a seller only has one item by NARS up for sale, it's no guarantee that he/she is selling authentic stuff as many sellers are wising up to smarter buyers.

Thanks, I'll probably do a cp if I can. When most prices on high end makeup is basically double here, its hard to resist American prices on ebay. But its just getting to risky, I don't want fake makeup and I wont buy it