Crazy Customers.

Hikaru-chan

Okay so there's a thread for bad customers but what about the crazy ones.
Share your stories about customers who are quite simply nuts, I'll go first.

Lately I keep getting this one lady who comes in, almost on a daily basis, to ask if we sell nail art brushes or if we know were she can get one from.
I swear she freaks me out, she's always dressed in the same pants and sweater combo that is usually covered in stains and bits of food her hair scraped back into a greasy pony.
When she talks to you she spits like you wouldn't belive it, I literally dread her coming in cause usually regardless of who's there she makes a dash for me.

Now this as probably been going on for about 3 weeks and every day she comes in, asks the same question, gets the same answer and goes.
At first I'm thinking she really as a screw loose and can't help it but I'm wrong, on one of the days she came in my manager decides to tell her we've just sold out of brushes to which she replies I've told her for the past week that we don't actually sell them.

Okay so she knows she's coming in every day and asking me the same damn thing.

I get a visit from her tonight (haven't seen her since saturday tought I'd got rid of her) and she asks me the same fucking question, damn it can this be classed as arrasment cause I can't cope anymore.

Also today we had a man walk trough the cosmetics hall shouting all sorts of nonsense but mainly just "east side to the west side man" carrying a dirty battered bicycle.
He came in trough the main entrance and managed to make it all the way across to ours before security came over to check if he was gone.

3 weeks ago we had a man in who was counting every two steps he did and then bending down to touch his toes, he did it all the way to the front entrance of the store.

I have more but need to go to bed.

Simply Elegant

Wow, you'd think she's go away. I think by then I'd direct her to the manager and she could deal with her?

I just have crazy men coming up to me and being disrespectful thinking they can talk dirty to me or asking me weird personal questions or telling me intimate/sexual details of their lives.

MACLovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru-chan
Okay so there's a thread for bad customers but what about the crazy ones.
Share your stories about customers who are quite simply nuts, I'll go first.

Lately I keep getting this one lady who comes in, almost on a daily basis, to ask if we sell nail art brushes or if we know were she can get one from.
I swear she freaks me out, she's always dressed in the same pants and sweater combo that is usually covered in stains and bits of food her hair scraped back into a greasy pony.
When she talks to you she spits like you wouldn't belive it, I literally dread her coming in cause usually regardless of who's there se makes a dash for me.

Now this as probably been going on for about 3 weeks and every day she comes in, asks the same question, gets the same answer and goes.
At first I'm thinking she really as a screw loose and can't help it but I'm wrong, on one of the days she came in my manager decides to tell her we've just sold out of brushes to which she replies I've told her for the past week that we don't actually sell them.

Okay so she knows she's coming in every day and asking me the same damn thing.

I get a visit from her tonight (haven't seen her since saturday tought I'd got rid of her) and she asks me the same fucking question, damn it can this be classed as arrasment cause I can't cope anymore.

LOL.. umm.. wow. What a nut job! I mean, can't you say "Uh, ma'am we don't have any. Just like yesterday and the day before. And we won't have any tomorrow either. Please try looking at an art & craft store as they have a myriad of brushes you can use for nail art. We just perform the service, we are not a supply store. Have a wonderful day, goodbye (read: f*ck off)" hahah

I mean, you can put it politely to where you wouldn't get in trouble for poor customer service, but you can still be assertive and get your point across so she doesn't drive you absolutely insane!

Mabelle

Oh do i have a story. I work in a bookstore/coffee shop in a suburb of Montreal. It's in a very old part of the west island, and it is now a college town, and it;s waterfront. These factors seem to attract the craziest people of... ever! All the vendors agree, people in St Anne's just aren't right.

1st guy. George. I went in one day in the summer, and this old man is sitting in a chair with a box of cereal his bowl, his coffee he brought from home, and his bottle of apple juice. I saw him and said to myself, what the hell is going on? I pop my head into the office and see one of the owners working, Robin. I ask her who this guy is, and she tells me that he's a guy from across the bridge, that my aunt (a co owner) had booted him before, but she didnt have the heart. that i could deal with him. I said no, she would have to deal with him before she left.So basically she said "once you're done your breakfast you need to go", wow, way to crack the whip! Then she booted ass out of there. After she left George started acting up. He was rambling craziness to himself and to customers browsing like "I got my Limo parked outside!!!" I was getting fed up. He came to pay for his water and wanted some cookies. He asked how much they were. I said 2$. he says , it says two for 2$!! I tell him there are two cookies wrapped together. He repeats himself. I repeat myself. He repeats himself. Obviously he's not listening, so i reached across the counter and grabbed the cookies to show him there are two wrapped together. He then drops his bags and recoils yelling "Don't hurt me!!!! I'm an old man!" I told him i wasn't going to touch him, i was trying to show him there were two cookies. He said "Oh! Well then you MUST be a woman!" like its a bad thing. I responded " I guess i must be. Good observation" to which he said "Too bad." BEfore this my cousin had come in and she said he was telling her jokes that involved them having sex. I thought i heard him use the word "Chinks" concerning her asian friends, and he then went to the front of the store, where they were sitting and tried to give them his hat. FINALLY he said he was leaving, and he just went upfront and fell asleep on a couch. I called our local retired cop, Ron (i couldnt find securities number) and he told him to piss off and never come back.
WELL! The next day George calls! He asks if we're open. I say yes.
George: Good. Ill be by... incognito!
Me:What is that supposed to mean? (at this point i figured out who it was)
GEorge:It means no one will know who i am.
I then proceeded to tell him not to come by, and that if he did i would call the police and that he was no welcome back ever.
He then started calling me the lady in the red (because of my red hair).

The next day the same thing. He phoned, i told him to piss off.

NExt week he tried coming in. I yelled him away. That happened a few times. The problem is theres a bar next to use where he frequents (even though he's informally banned) and legion across in which he's a member. So he was always around.
The final straw was when he was sitting on our bench outside. I was at the till at the back of the store and i could hear him yelling jibberish outside. Customers were obviously being put off. Then he pulled out a little radio and started blasting in and started dancing to it. I had had enough, i told him to pack up and leave. He asked if this was my bench, if i owned the sidewalk. I said i did, and he wasnt welcome on it. He moved on.... to his car parked right in front of the store, like 5 ft away from the bench!!! He sat in his car's passenger seat, with his radio, dancing, getting up and giing to his trunk to change to an even stranger hat. I called security and by the time they got there he was in the parking lot across the street, ripping up sandwiches and yelling at seagulls. And that was my last dealings with him.

There was the Rhyming man that came in dressed kinda like Vincent Price, rhyming some salutation. And then he made up some rhyme about it being my birthday... which it wasnt.

Then there was asscrack girl, who i seriously thought was going to murder me. She came in one night, about 40 mins before closing, and asked if she got some food next door if she could bring it back to the store. I said yes, and i immediately regretted it. She came back 20 mins later, sat at the front, ate her food extremely loudly, and laughed hysterically to herself. She wasnt reading anything either... Then she started asking all kinds of weird questions, like who people were on magazines (without showing me the magazine), where the travel section was (several times) if we did cash backs (several times) etc. Finally, i told her it was closing and she would have to leave. it took me 10 mins to get her out of the store. the whole time she was there she was bending over and i could see abou 8 inches of asscrack (which i didnt think was possible... 8 inches) lined in huge zits. It was awful.

Then there was the guy that asked me out. He came in a month before the incident in question. He was very tense and gave off weird vibes. He ordered a coffee and introduced himself, and told me he liked my hair. The next day he told me i looked very pretty. I felt uncomfortable, but remained pleasant, just said thank you. After that he came in every single day, and never said a word. Got his coffee and left. One day, he just opens up and says "So have you ever done professional acting?!" i found this an odd question, but i had. I did 3 years of stage acting and have done extra work. He asked why i didnt anymore. I told him i kind of didnt like working with other actors. He then went on a big speil about Brad Pitt and all these other actors, i dont even know what he was saying. The with NO segway, he goes "SO, i kinda hate my girlfriend right now!"
Me: Oh.... thats not good.
Him: yea, it;s really bad.
me: maybe if you hate her, you shouldnt be dating her...
him: So, do you want to do something tonight?
me: uhhhh.... I have school tonight until midnight (which actually was true)
him: Well any night!!
me: I have a boyfriend.
him: oh. a boyfrined. thats ok. ** insert long pause** you look kinda red. like your blushing.
me: no. (i just wanted him to go)
him: oh well maybe it's cause i put you on the spot.
me: no. im not.

then he left and hasnt been back. he wasnt so much crazy as very odd.

im sure ill add more later.

xStarryEyedX

^wow, those are all pretty creepy.

we have a lot of crazy customers, but honestly i kind of like the crazy ones. as long as they're nice to me i don't really care how nuts they are.

MACATTAK

Mabelle..you have me cracking up over here. It sucks there are so many nuts you have to encounter, but at least you have a lot of good stories to tell
smiles.gif

Mabelle

They aren't cosmetic or make up industry related... but if it's ok, ill keeo adding my stories here. I found this one post somewhat therapeutic.

There's a little sandwhich restaurant down the road i go to a lot. Every time i'm in there i talk to the owners about all the weirdos in town.

M.A.C. head.

I worked at Victoria's Secret for a few years, when I was in college.

I was working the floor one day when I noticed a customer perusing through the merchandise. I went to greet the man and offer him some assistance. There was something "off" about this dude from the get, but I'm not shy and I offer EVERYONE excellent customer services, so I did just that. When I greeted him he looked at me like he wanted to sop me up with a biscuit :/ I started doing the whole spiel about what promotions we had and such and then he starts saying things like "Ooh girl you look so pretty" so I thank him for the compliments as I'm trying to do my job. He keeps looking at me weird and after a little bit of it I got uncomfortable, so I told him that I needed to help some other customers and that I would be back to check up on him. I did not go back LOL I told my manager about it and she told me to go in the back and she'd watch out for the man and tell me when he left [Damn I miss Leah, one of the best managers ever].

Anyways, like a MONTH later...the same damn guy comes into the store, sees me, and makes a b-line toward me :/ Soooo I greet him and ask him what I can help him with and blah blah blah and he immediately jumps into "Don't you remember me from last time? You never came back. That's too bad..." So I make up some lie about what I didn't get back to him. Then he gets RIGHT BACK into hitting on me. This time he was being more pushy, trying to stand really close to me and talking in my face and such. I told him once more that there was something else I needed to tend to and as I was turning to walk away he says "DAMN BITCH! I JUST WANNA FUCK YOU!"

Oh lawd.

This one time I was working at the cash wrap and I'm ringing up a young lady and there was someone standing next to her, who I'm guessing was her younger brother, cousin maybe. The kid was no older than 15. That day I happened to be wearing a v-neck top and a push up bra. I was a 36DD then. Needless to say, the twins were out to play. That was fine where I worked because I worked at Victoria's Secret LOL Anyways, this kid might as well have had is EYEBALLS LITERALLY GLUED to my breasts. He was staring directly at them with no shame! Not really crazy, just crazy and funny for me.

ms.marymac

I have had many many crazies-in all of my jobs because we all know there are a lot of nutballs out there. There are some people that you can just laugh about and then some that give you the CREEPS. I had a woman that kept interrupting my m/u advice to tell me she could see my aura. I'd turn it back to lipstick and she would say, "YOU are a special person." I'd thank her and change the subject, she started to ask personal questions, and keep going on about my aura and ask if I wanted my palm read, any spiritual advice, etc. That stuff doesn't freak me out, it was just the way she was going about it, the vibe she had, the look in her eyes. Totally surreal.

Hikaru-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
I have had many many crazies-in all of my jobs because we all know there are a lot of nutballs out there. There are some people that you can just laugh about and then some that give you the CREEPS. I had a woman that kept interrupting my m/u advice to tell me she could see my aura. I'd turn it back to lipstick and she would say, "YOU are a special person." I'd thank her and change the subject, she started to ask personal questions, and keep going on about my aura and ask if I wanted my palm read, any spiritual advice, etc. That stuff doesn't freak me out, it was just the way she was going about it, the vibe she had, the look in her eyes. Totally surreal.

That is so funny, how did you keep a straight face.

Hikaru-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
Wow, you'd think she's go away. I think by then I'd direct her to the manager and she could deal with her?

I just have crazy men coming up to me and being disrespectful thinking they can talk dirty to me or asking me weird personal questions or telling me intimate/sexual details of their lives.

Because we are situated at an entrance we get a lot of verbal abuse shouted at us, like the other night I'm sitting there minding my business when a bunch of boys walk past and shout "hey slag" so I gave them a tumbs up for being so fucking original.
Why people have nothing better to do I don't know.

Hikaru-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACLovin
LOL.. umm.. wow. What a nut job! I mean, can't you say "Uh, ma'am we don't have any. Just like yesterday and the day before. And we won't have any tomorrow either. Please try looking at an art & craft store as they have a myriad of brushes you can use for nail art. We just perform the service, we are not a supply store. Have a wonderful day, goodbye (read: f*ck off)" hahah

I mean, you can put it politely to where you wouldn't get in trouble for poor customer service, but you can still be assertive and get your point across so she doesn't drive you absolutely insane!

Next time she comes in I'm just gonna say "no we don't have any brushes, we never have and never will be. But you keep coming in here everyday and asking the same thing harrasing me and the customers and I'm not prepared to put up with it any longer, I'm gonna ask you nicely to leave or I am gonna have to get a member of security to remove you from the premises"

Those type of people don't usually take notice to the polite way but usually come around when you tell them securiy will be called.

Hikaru-chan

I swear the crazy people just get better and better.

Left work tonight and made my way to the bus stop and as I'm walking there I see this guy loitering around the area.
I'm on my own in the bus stop and the same guy walk in shortly after me smoking a cigarette which by the way is illigal in the UK anyway.

The guy asks me if I've been waiting long (moron you just watched me walk in here, did you see any bus go past?) and what bus stops here.

Then he proceeds to ask me if I have a boyfriend and that he could be my boyfriend but if not he just want's to be friends, and my number, and an hug.
WTF you fucking creep get the fuck away from me.
No I didn't say that to him cause you never know how someone is gonna react so I tried to just be as polite as possible but the wierdo was asking all sorts of personal questions, like were you live?, whats your name?, do you work in town? of course I didn't give him my real info I'm not that stupid.

Now the real problem is this happened at 7:00 tonight so not that late at all really but on sunday I have stock take and won't leave work untill nearly midnight, I'm sort of weary walking to the bus alone cause town will be dead by then, I'm hoping a collegue gets the same bus as me so we can walk there together.

star25

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C. head.
I worked at Victoria's Secret for a few years, when I was in college.

I was working the floor one day when I noticed a customer perusing through the merchandise. I went to greet the man and offer him some assistance. There was something "off" about this dude from the get, but I'm not shy and I offer EVERYONE excellent customer services, so I did just that. When I greeted him he looked at me like he wanted to sop me up with a biscuit :/ I started doing the whole spiel about what promotions we had and such and then he starts saying things like "Ooh girl you look so pretty" so I thank him for the compliments as I'm trying to do my job. He keeps looking at me weird and after a little bit of it I got uncomfortable, so I told him that I needed to help some other customers and that I would be back to check up on him. I did not go back LOL I told my manager about it and she told me to go in the back and she'd watch out for the man and tell me when he left [Damn I miss Leah, one of the best managers ever].

Anyways, like a MONTH later...the same damn guy comes into the store, sees me, and makes a b-line toward me :/ Soooo I greet him and ask him what I can help him with and blah blah blah and he immediately jumps into "Don't you remember me from last time? You never came back. That's too bad..." So I make up some lie about what I didn't get back to him. Then he gets RIGHT BACK into hitting on me. This time he was being more pushy, trying to stand really close to me and talking in my face and such. I told him once more that there was something else I needed to tend to and as I was turning to walk away he says "DAMN BITCH! I JUST WANNA FUCK YOU!"

Oh lawd.

This one time I was working at the cash wrap and I'm ringing up a young lady and there was someone standing next to her, who I'm guessing was her younger brother, cousin maybe. The kid was no older than 15. That day I happened to be wearing a v-neck top and a push up bra. I was a 36DD then. Needless to say, the twins were out to play. That was fine where I worked because I worked at Victoria's Secret LOL Anyways, this kid might as well have had is EYEBALLS LITERALLY GLUED to my breasts. He was staring directly at them with no shame! Not really crazy, just crazy and funny for me.

LMFAO!!! You're kidding!
I would have literally rolled around on the floor laughing.

Well, at least he didn't beat around the bush!
th_LMAO.gif

I've never worked retail, so I can't relate, but keep the stories coming girls. You can't WRITE this type of comedy. It's brilliant.

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru-chan
That is so funny, how did you keep a straight face.

I don't even know...lol! It kind of made me nervous the way she was staring at my "aura". I can laugh about it now, though.

hawaii02

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac

I had one of these types of people come to me once outside of my former workplace. Nothing about auras but the woman did ask me if I had found God yet like she knew me or something
lol.gif