Do you guys use Sunblock for the face?

madamepink78

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobear
I wear sunscreen everyday! I use Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30. I have pretty oily skin but have not had any issues. My derm suggested this as it does not leave the grey/white cast on darker skintones. It also evened out my skin tone and faded some old acne scarring. It's fairly inexpensive but frequently sold out in Target/WalMart.

I totally agree with this!!!!!!!!!! I use the Aveeno as well and it is really excellent ...no gray/white cast on my skin and it does not leave my skin so oily like a lot moisturizers do...u can dry your local drugstore ...like walgreens if u can't find it at target/walmart..

IvyTrini

I use DDF Moisturizing Photo Age Protection SPF 30. It's the only one that does not give that ashy tone on my face. It also contains lots of antioxidants. It used to be the only sunscreen sold in the US and approved for use in Europe (prior to the introduction of Meroxyl). Most sunscreens gives me a rash almost immediately. I wear sunscreen every single day and don't forget to put some on the top of the ears!

PolyphonicLove

I like my DiorSkin Icone with SPF 10, and then on top of that, Mark C-Thru-U Beautifying Tint with SPF 15. Im not outside much, but I will be going back to school next Wednesday, so I figure this'll be good enough until I can invest in something decent.

Im gonna look into the Neutrogena Dry Touch, though...so far it sounds rad.

jenii

I use Dermalogica's Solar Defense Booster, because you can just add it to any moisturizer or foundation, and it doesn't add any color or whitish cast.

Kuuipo

http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/spe...ns/summary.php

This is the government's sunscreen safety database. Almost all sunscreens degrade in sunlight after 2 hours and if not reapplied, they bring ROS's and free radicals into the skin, doing as much damage as the sun does. Mineral sunscreens are much better-they don't degrade,and neither does Meroxyl. Some sunscreens are carcinogenic,some can cause birth defects,theoretically.

TenaE

I usually only wear it when I know I'm going to be outside for longer than a few hours. I'm very acne prone and just don't like the extra stuff on my face, lol. I've been using oil of olay and a brand from kohl's called good skin which has been working out great.

lucia_la_latina

never worn any ever, even as a kid, my parents were slack with it on me coz i was 'morenita' as they would say ahaha or 'negrita' in the summer haahaha... the only time is when i wear my SFF that has spf 15...im very bad, but tbh.. I can deal with it

elektra513

I normally use Aveeno Positively Radiant SPF 30 moisturizer, but it leaves a shiny film on the face and it comes through my makeup during the day, esp. when walking out into the humid weather right now. It makes me look hella oily, and I'm really not. Totally ruins my day
thmbdn.gif

I recently purchased the Clinique City Block sheer spf 25, but it leaves that white cast. I want to keep trying to work it out though b/c it's a sunblock, not sunscreen, meaning it will not degrade in the sun after 2 hrs...I will try to apply it in sections next time and see how it works...

RaynelleM

I use MAC Studio Moisture Fix SPF 15 and Mineralize Satinfinish which has SPF 15 too.

I used to use the Aveeno one too and I did like it but I like the MAC one better bc it's a lighter lotion.

brownsuga lady

I'm NC50 and my staple is Olay Complete (combo/oily skin) moisterizer with SPF 15. A light layer over the face gives me the protection I need and doesn't give me that greyish cast. A little goes a long way.

HeavenLeiBlu

I HAVE to, otherwise I'd burn the hell up! I'm dark, but my skin is really sensitive. My moisturizer has SPF (Aveeno Ultra Calming), and sometimes I beef it up with Aveeno Continuous Protection spray.

captodometer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
I HAVE to, otherwise I'd burn the hell up! I'm dark, but my skin is really sensitive.

Same here. I'm NC50, but have an autoimmune disease. I will burn without sun protection. So I always wear foundation with SPF15. Which is a pain, because then I have to at least do blush to avoid looking eerily monochromatic.

Moisturizer just makes me greasy. And actual sunblock just makes me pasty white or grey. I've tried most of the products already mentioned in this thread. So any other suggestions, do tell
yes.gif

PolyphonicLove

Okay. A year later, I'm using a new tinted moisturizer = DuWop's Revolotion Face. My shade is Sally [next to last], and it has SPF 15. Its AMAZING. Its got "light reflecting particles," which gives a skin perfecting glow. It absorbs very well, and if your skin isn't too dry [I have combo skin], you can skip your usual moisturizer. Otherwise, you can wear moisturizer underneath this, and it won't be greasy or filmy. Its well worth the money.
yes.gif

mehrunissa

This summer I'm using Neutrogena Dry Touch SPF45, and I was surprised it didn't leave the white cast at all. I want to try Colorscience's Sunforgettable SPF30 mineral sunscreen. It's $50 for 0.23oz, so a bit on the pricey side...