Do you guys use Sunblock for the face?

pat

I use my Neutrogena SPF 15 moisturizer and my MAC prep + prime spf 50 daily.

I'm not sure if it's enough, but that is what I use. hahah ;/

mishameesh

I use Neutrogena Dry Touch SPF 55. I have to be careful around the eyes though, if not, it'll burn for a moment. I tend to have oily skin and this doesn't make me look greasy.

Icecaramellatte

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty0411
I use my Neutrogena SPF 15 moisturizer and my MAC prep + prime spf 50 daily.

I'm not sure if it's enough, but that is what I use. hahah ;/

I need a new primer. Does the Prep and Prime leave a white cast for darker skin? Wondering if I should get the regular one.

damsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecaramellatte
I need a new primer. Does the Prep and Prime leave a white cast for darker skin? Wondering if I should get the regular one.

i use prep + prime spf 50 [love it] and it does not leave a white cast. it absorbs into the skin and is not greasy at all. i was not expecting that from something with so high a spf.

Icecaramellatte

Quote:
Originally Posted by damsel
i use prep + prime spf 50 [love it] and it does not leave a white cast. it absorbs into the skin and is not greasy at all. i was not expecting that from something with so high a spf.

Thank you so much. I will pick it up this weekend.

SulkingBeauty

I use Roc Minesol Protect (SPF 40). I think this was the first summer that I wore an SPF religiously and I can completely see a difference. I didn't emerge from this summer with reverse-raccoonery (from my shades) or weird sun marks. But enough about that... this sunscreen is BIG because it's dry touch and make-up goes on like a dream afterwards. No white cast, just a beautiful matte, almost powdery finish!! I am terrified that I won't be able to find it next summer :-(

Sario

I use Shiseido spf 55/pa+++ lotion, it's got both physical and chemical sunscreens and it's the most matte formula I've found yet - and I've tried boatloads of them being a super pale gal living in FL! It also doesn't leave that super gross white chalky cast, although it is a little bit sticky for about the first five minutes after you put it on, then it dries down to a cool powdery finish.

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektra513
I normally use Aveeno Positively Radiant SPF 30 moisturizer, but it leaves a shiny film on the face and it comes through my makeup during the day, esp. when walking out into the humid weather right now. It makes me look hella oily, and I'm really not. Totally ruins my day
thmbdn.gif

I recently purchased the Clinique City Block sheer spf 25, but it leaves that white cast. I want to keep trying to work it out though b/c it's a sunblock, not sunscreen, meaning it will not degrade in the sun after 2 hrs...I will try to apply it in sections next time and see how it works...

Updating:

I'm still using the Aveeno moisturizer because I realized that it's leaving my skin in a better state over time (more even skin tone, moisturized). But I am using less that I did before; it's fine though because my powder foundation and concealer both have spf (PX Anywear and MAC Studio Finish).

I like the Clinique one okay but I don't use it often because of the white cast (mineral sunblock). Coppertone for faces (chemical sunscreen) doesn't do this, but I guess it's all about how much protection you want.
th_dunno.gif

Oh and earlier someone mentioned an expert telling them to use less sunscreen on the face to prevent the white cast, but doing that just renders less sunburn protection...
ssad.gif
I read somewhere that if you do that, you have to double up of the SPF. That's why I use spf 30, so in case I'm applying it improperly, I'll get at least spf 15. But as a darker skinned person who works in an office, I don't need spf 45+ on a daily basis so it's cool.

BinkysBaby

Aveeno is what I use. It's great. I just switched to it this summer from Coppertone. I'm NW45 and it doesn't go on ashy. I just rub it in thoroughly before putting my foundation on.

missfaithy

Typically during the winter season -- I simply rely on my daily moisturizer, because it has a minimum of SPF 15...I MAY, however, switch over to a daily moisturizer with at least a SPF 30.

During the summer season -- where I find myself out and about more often. Along with my daily moisturizer, I live & die by Aveeno's Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion for the Face (SPF 30).

Once you let it dry in -- you hardly feel it on your skin! However, it does have a bit of the "sunscreen" smell. But it's a small price to pay for my skin's overall protection.
th_DANCE.gif

Good LUCK! =)

Curly1908

I use a Neutrogena sunscreen (forgot the name). I apply it after I apply moisturizer and before I apply a primer so it removes the white cast.

kariii

I use the olay moisturizer before applying foundation everyday.. and it has SPF.. I never leave the house without spf on

Shadowy Lady

I use Neutrogena Dry Touch SPF45 during the summer months and SPF30 in the winter.

I'm an NW30, I burn during the summer and look like this pink/red faced monster :/ Not an attractive look so I need the sunblock.

elektra513

FYI: Please monitor your Vitamin D levels!! Studies have shown that WOC naturally have extremely low levels of vit D (which leads to bone probs such as rickets and osteoporosis) and daily sunscreen keeps that level even lower, so make sure you get vit D from other sources, such as vitamin supplements. Protect your skin but protect your bones too. (You may want to go to the doc to find out what your D levels are and go from there
yes.gif
) Make sure your calcium levels are up to snuff as well.

Vitamin D Deficiency: A Hidden Health Epidemic Among African-American Women - Health - redOrbit

Vitamin D Deficiency Called Major Health Risk (washingtonpost.com)

macgirl3121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sario
I use Shiseido spf 55/pa+++ lotion, it's got both physical and chemical sunscreens and it's the most matte formula I've found yet - and I've tried boatloads of them being a super pale gal living in FL! It also doesn't leave that super gross white chalky cast, although it is a little bit sticky for about the first five minutes after you put it on, then it dries down to a cool powdery finish.

I also use the Shiseido and it's my new BFF. Sunscreen is a must for me because I am going thru Obagi Nu Derm to correct the dark spots from hyperpigmentation and not wearing sunscreen helped the spots get worse over the years. Somehow I didn't think they were talking to me when folks said wear sunscreen, but now I know better. I have the DDF Photoage but that made my face mad oily by noon. I don't get any shine at all with the Shiseido.

lilMAClady

I stopped wearing sunscreen. I'm not out in the sun enough to merit it. We all need vitamin D and the sun is where you get alot of it from and I refuse to block it. The sun isn't bad! We have depleted the O-zone and thus allowed more of the sun to come down. That is whats bad.