eBay Sellers/Fakers to AVOID

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockin

MAC PIGMENT COLOUR POWDER (Shim Orangey Gold) unboxed on eBay, also, Eye Shadow, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 12-Feb-08 21:05:13 GMT)

This pigment is clearly fake. I have reported it and also emailed the seller to ask for further pictures, of the bottom of the jar and the plastic insert, and also to ask where she got it from as it is supposedly new but unboxed, with no colour name on the bottom of the jar.

They are selling lots of other cosmetics, but I am unable to tell whether they are fake or not. The seller, brencow, has 100% feedback and is a Powerseller.

rockin

The seller tells me there are no stickers at all on the bottom of the jar, and that she got this in with a batch of Clarins that she got from her supplier in the USA. She says there is boxed stock available to her, and as they are going well she might get some boxed stock in.

I've just checked, and she has also recently sold MAC PIGMENT COLOUR POWDER (Shimmery Peach/Gold) no box on eBay, also, Eye Shadow, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 02-Feb-08 10:47:14 GMT) and MAC PIGMENT COLOUR POWDER (Shimmery Pink) unboxed on eBay, also, Eye Shadow, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 02-Feb-08 10:47:34 GMT) which also appear to be fake and have no colour names on the jars. This one did not sell MAC PIGMENT COLOUR POWDER (Grey/Pewter) unboxed on eBay, also, Eye Shadow, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 02-Feb-08 20:00:00 GMT) - looks like a fake Dark Soul.

chameleonmary

oz_yidn17thfc

This person sells the most hideous fakes, has 100% FEEDBACK! And... they are a Power Seller. They recently sold 2 x hideous palettes at AUS $45 each!

Please report their listings!

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by chameleonmary
oz_yidn17thfc

This person sells the most hideous fakes, has 100% FEEDBACK! And... they are a Power Seller. They recently sold 2 x hideous palettes at AUS $45 each!

Please report their listings!

I saw that also...it's amazing how these sellers get away with this stuff. Back when many of us here were sellers this kind of stuff wasn't allowed and once reported they were kicked off ebay. Now ebay makes it hard to get rid of fake sellers. Not only that, i've been told by a long time Mac seller that many of us know that Ebay has changed there feedback system again. They are giving buyers more power to leave negative feedback then the sellers. For authentic sellers this isnt right, people can purposly ruin their good name. I still need to do more checking into this...my optic nerves are bad and am going through testing so I cant do any reading. sorry about spelling errors also, lol

rockin

I emailed the seller brencow to tell her that the pigment she had already sold and the pigment she still had listed was counterfeit, and told her why.

She emailed me back to say that she has now ended the listing, not because she believed it to be counterfeit, though, but as a precaution as the jar has no labels!

She says she is going to speak to her USA supplier (whom she trusts implicitly) about the lack of boxes and labels, and that she will now not stock this product.

venacava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seary_Fairy
Hiya ladies and gents,

I am just wondering about this Aussie seller: user name is chrishhane12 and here is his ebaystore.

I see he has some cheap pans and reasonable prices on pots even. I thought I should ask the experts before I land myself in trouble. Also, is there such a thing a fake PANS?

Cheers, TIA!
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
Never bought from him before. I guess he's OK but the fact that he uses other people's listing pictures as his own just makes me refrain from buying from him. :/

I've purchased Goldenaire piggie from Chrisshane12 before and it's legit. I know this because she sent Gold Mode, which I compared with the one I brought from MAC counter and found it to be genuine, instead of Goldenaire by mistake. The error was quickly remedied, she didn't try to get me to pay shipping to have GM returned and the correct item was sent out pretty damn fast. Anyhow, what I'm trying to say is - if two LE piggies are real then the odds are pretty good that the rest of her stuff are the same.

Wish I'd read this tread before purchasing Fairylite from d.i.v.a-la-g.l.a.m back in late Nov last year. I haven't used it yet because I had some doubt about it (have clear Coltainer lettering and color of piggie appear slightly pinker in jar than the sample purchased from mac.lovers but no difference once swatched on hand) but couldn't return it as I was unable to substantiate said doubt until now. Is it too late to contact seller for refund?

Also purchased Black Tied e/s from mlrosati 2 weeks ago. I'll be sure to to take it to MAC for verification once I receive the item. If item turns out to be fake, I'm going to make abovementioned seller wish she'd never heard the word 'ebay'.

Grr!

Also, mixtapevanity pointed out in her thread that fake piggies have clear Coltainer lettering imprinted into the bottoms of the jars and plastic insert. Anyone else found this to be true? I brought Vanilla piggie from ebay that I'm pretty sure is the real deal which also had clear Coltainer stamp on the insert. So right now I'm not quite sure what to think.
ssad.gif

Advice anyone?

28/2/2008 EDIT: Just received #239 & #188 brushes from Chrisshane12 which checked out genuine too!

Opalmoon

Here's another name to add to fakers list:

cosmeticoutlet4u (former name mybeautystore2007) fron Hong Kong.

Lots of Nars makeup, especially new Luster blushes, that look fake to me (shiny boxes instead of matte), also feedback mentions items being fake.

NIB Nars in Luster Blush Full Size 4.5g $30 - eBay (item 220201409974 end time Feb-14-08 22:49:14 PST)

Nars Eye Shadow Paris Duo NIB $40 403 - eBay (item 220201409980 end time Feb-14-08 22:49:19 PST)

And of course fake MAC for a good measure:

Mac Pro Liquid Eye Liner 2.5ml NIB - eBay (item 220201409987 end time Feb-14-08 22:49:24 PST)

Emmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrschloe
What do U guys think about this seller:sarah_tamae

eBay My World - sarah_tamae

I bought sculpt and shade powder from her for 25$+ shipping. My friend has the same powder, and she has bought it from mac store, and they look the same. But you can never know..

talste

Quote:
Originally Posted by venacava
Another name to the list - gotfloss2b4e

Selling the same crap I brought from d.i.v.a-la-g.l.a.m.

Hi Every One,

This is my first post here,

I came across this forum after also being scammed by Divalaglam on ebay.

I filed a dispute not really expecting to get my money back but I am really excited to report Divalaglam in no longer a registered user on Ebay !!! Hopefully this will be a permenant suspension not just a temp one & other girls wont be tricked into buying her FAKE MAC like I was.

Cheers
Talste

Emmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by talste
Hi Every One,

This is my first post here,

I came across this forum after also being scammed by Divalaglam on ebay.

I filed a dispute not really expecting to get my money back but I am really excited to report Divalaglam in no longer a registered user on Ebay !!! Hopefully this will be a permenant suspension not just a temp one & other girls wont be tricked into buying her FAKE MAC like I was.

Cheers
Talste

Aww i really hope you get your money back!!!

talste

Hi Emmi

I purchased my FAKE MAC in December & only discovered I had been scammed a few days ago after reading a post of pursebuzz.com, and then some more internet sleuthing bought me here! Unfortunately it doesn’t look like I will get refunded as Divalaglam has been very uncooperative with the whole dispute processes. Honestly I have accepted that I probably won’t see my money again but I’m happy just to see Ebay finally put a stop to this scammer.

Cheers

wolfsong

If divalaglam doesnt answer the dispute within x amount of days after you have escalated it (please do this, if you havent - you are more than likely to get money back if you do as paypal - which is owned by ebay - will know you are serious) you automatically win the dispute, and get a refund (if you have buyers cover, which most auction have. Check the paying methods at the bottom of the auction to see if yours did).

The fact that divalaglam was kicked off ebay will work in your favour - the counterfeit issue would more than likely be the reason for the suspension (or should i say, the fact that too many people were asking for refunds/filing disputes, and thus making ebay potentially loose money, custom and respect).

The sick thing is: they can open an account under another name. Especially if they - like a lot of people - have more than one credit card. Ebay doesnt check these things (read: they turn a blind eye whenever possible), which is criminal to me.

talste

Hi Wolfsong,

Thanks for taking the time to supply all that info!
Im not well versed in the Ebay dispute resolution process, I’ve been an Ebayer for 8 years and this is my first negative experience with a seller.

Divalaglam did respond to my dispute a few hours after I lodged it and basically said “You want a refund after 2 months, you’ve got to be joking “ So I then closed the dispute and escalated to Trust & Safety.

In the mean time I wandered off to my local MAC counter and the artist I spoke to confirmed my pigments to be fake.

Next up I lodged a dispute in paypal but for reasons unknown paypal advised they are unable to assist with the dispute (maybe it’s due to the fact I changed my home location in Ebay from Oz to Singapore recently, As I move around a lot due to my hubby’s job).

I also reported a listing violation for the auction in question and in my complaint stated that “Divalaglam” is well known on various forums for selling fakes and it’s shocking that Ebay wont take action against it. I supplied links to all threads from here plus links to any other blog or forum I could find that named her as a supplier of fake MAC.

The auction I won has now been deleted by ebay, So I guess my money is gone and I’m not sure if I can do anything else to try and recover it as I think I have exhausted all avenues. But like I mentioned in my other post, honestly I feel It’s worth it just to see action has finally been taken against this person.

Sorry for the long post.

wolfsong

Sorry to hear that! Its great that divalaglam is out of business (for now), but still you deserve a refund.

You can only file one dispute per auction, and this must be done within 45 days of payment (afaik - but this could have changed since i filed one).
This may have been a factor in why the refund wasnt granted
ssad.gif

I dont know if it would do anything, but you might want to write an email to ebay to see if they will make an exception (probably wont though - they tend to be tight fisted thieves...)

darkishstar

So fake!
sinful_sexy23:
BNIB MAC EYESHADOW 1.5 grams - eBay (item 170196118380 end time Feb-29-08 01:26:18 PST)

jomico0781:
MAC Colour Powder - eBay (item 220203400962 end time Feb-25-08 06:25:36 PST)
The color name is Prismique lustre, which we all know is the name printed on fake shadows. If you look in the 2nd picture, the double hinge can clearly be seen on the eyeshadow.

susan8158:
mac eyeshadow BNIB - eBay (item 230225811667 end time Feb-28-08 06:42:28 PST)
Shade: 006
This eyeshadow has a seperate compartment underneath
with an applicator and mirror ideal for handbag.
Definitely fake and should be avoided.
All of her shadows look like this.

caffydodos:
Brand new, in box M-A-C eyeshadow.
Gorgeous duck egg blue colour (i think its fresh water or zonk bleu!)
This eyeshadow has a new quirk to it - on the underside there is seperate compartment with an aplicator and mirror - great for your handbag!!
MAC eyeshadow BNIB - eBay (item 280201485771 end time Feb-26-08 08:57:02 PST)
Definitely fake fake fake! New quirk my butt! She "thinks" it's fresh water or zonk bleu. What a dishonest seller! I'm so disgusted. She also has a purple shadow in similar fashion. Avoid! Many other colors as well.
MAC eyeshadow BNIB - Romp - eBay (item 280201489961 end time Feb-26-08 09:12:53 PST)
Another fake.
MAC eyeshadow BNIB - Passionate - eBay (item 280201486685 end time Feb-26-08 09:01:15 PST)
I doubt this is passionate.

lockwoodc:
EYE SHADOW MAC COSMETIC EYE SHADOW NEW IN BOX - eBay (item 120223753515 end time Feb-28-08 05:11:22 PST)
The same crappy double compartment thing.
MAC 3SET "jewel blue, knight divine & soba" EYE SHADOW - eBay (item 120223789633 end time Feb-28-08 06:31:58 PST)
These are not authentic either. The clasp is too wide, and the dip that is there, shows that these are eyeshadows with the double compartment thing.

janiejones6:
EYE SHADOW MAC COSMETIC EYE SHADOW NEW IN BOX - eBay (item 120223753515 end time Feb-28-08 05:11:22 PST)
Fake blush.

buyaoting995:
12 color Eye Shadow Eyeshadow MAC set - eBay (item 220205281670 end time Feb-26-08 07:56:40 PST)
I don't have to say anything about this one.

hotgifts100:
BRAND NEW MAC PIGMENT EYE SHADOW - PINK - FULL SIZE - eBay (item 130201082737 end time Mar-02-08 12:55:45 PST)
BRAND NEW MAC PIGMENT EYE SHADOW -DARK BEIGE- FULL SIZE - eBay (item 130201082794 end time Mar-02-08 12:55:55 PST)
Fake pigments.

rwiggins007:
MAC Eyeshadow Pigment - CORNFLOWER - eBay (item 150218739872 end time Feb-29-08 06:53:51 PST)
MAC Eyeshadow Pigment - HIGHLY FROSTED GREEN - eBay (item 150218740707 end time Feb-29-08 06:56:52 PST)
Both pigments are without bottom labels and boxes. I really doubt these are real.[/left]

Status
Not open for further replies.