eBay Sellers/Fakers to AVOID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin
I am pleased to be able to report that julie150463 is a responsible seller
smiles.gif
Following on from her earlier immediate withdrawal of her deep blue green pigment when I advised her it was fake, she has now sent me this email

Hi there
Just wanted to thankyou for emailing me this morning concerning one of my pigments. You have done me a great service - on closer inspection it appeared that 89 - yes 89 - of my pigments from one particular wholesaler were decidedly suspect. After a couple of heated emails - they have agreed to take them back and refund me - how long that takes is another matter but at least my conscience is clear.
Thankyou for taking the time to inform me of your suspicions - it is appreciated.

Please get her to join Specktra? haha!
winks.gif

look_divine

heres a few more fake sellers to add to the list, some have 100% feedback but from checking there items on this site they selling fake MAC
ssad.gif

scheepies - fake pigments
digitalriseproducts - fake brushes
antdaddy14 - fake brushes

these are ones i purchased off that sell the real deal
smiles.gif

melissakb16 - pigments and eye shadows
fashionsensela - MSF and eye shadows
kate.richie - pigments and eye shadows, this seller if you check her pictures out they look very much like those on the fishy site mentioned in another post, but i have purchased a pigment and eye shadow and im convinced there real

tigerli17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
She is indeed NAIVE. :/

Just hope she does the right thing and take it off. If not - report time!

rockin

Oh dear, naive indeed! Not only does it have the extra compartment, but it says POEDS instead of POIDS on the box just like those listed by sinful_sexy23

tigerli17

Yeah I mentioned that to her too. Also referred her to the how to spot a fake MAC item that ebay have there. Like I said to her if she's in the dark about it all i'd hate to see her reported and chucked off or get a bad reputation for selling dodgy stuff just because she wasn't aware. I mean I was painfully naive about buying on ebay before I actually read everything in these forums and count myself lucky I was scammed just the once! Hopefully she'll listen and take it off. If she doesn't I'll report her myself.

c.h.i.r.p.y

so how do i know if they're real or not
ssad.gif

i know there are genuine mac brush sellers out there
but i wouldnt know who they are

julie150463

Quote:
Please get her to join Specktra? haha!
winks.gif

Hi ladies

Holds my hands up

I'm Julieb1963 and I am a member. I only joined a few weeks ago and have been studying the forums & posts avidly - takes a while to find your way around!

I am a genuine seller - if anyone thinks I may have anything 'suspect' please let me know - I'm a bit green although I know ignorance shouldn't be used as an excuse. I only started selling in January and it has been a very steep learning curve!

You are all a mind of information and I thank you all

Cheers - Julie

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie150463
Hi ladies

Holds my hands up

I'm Julieb1963 and I am a member. I only joined a few weeks ago and have been studying the forums & posts avidly - takes a while to find your way around!

I am a genuine seller - if anyone thinks I may have anything 'suspect' please let me know - I'm a bit green although I know ignorance shouldn't be used as an excuse. I only started selling in January and it has been a very steep learning curve!

You are all a mind of information and I thank you all

Cheers - Julie

Hi Julie and Welcome! Are you the same Julie referred to in previous posts (julie150463)? You seem to have listed a different username above?

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Hi Julie and Welcome! Are you the same Julie referred to in previous posts (julie150463)? You seem to have listed a different username above?

Doh - sorry - I use that name for a baby forum - not quite in the same league as Spektra!

Yes I am indeed julie150463 (blame the age!)
Thanks for the welcome
yes.gif

caramel723

Quote:
Sellers of Fake brushes (sets):

bobbibrown_in - Australia.

trust_retailer (Thanks to rockin) - Australia

icenb1976 - See how cheap the 187 brush is! AU$16.95!

puppetjg - UK.

fashion.walkway - From Hong Kong. What more can I say?

hwkltdkao - Another one from Hong Kong.

metnowandforever - US.

foxygirltu - US.

makeup_hk - Another one from Hong Kong.

weloveoutlet - Seller in HK but items are in UK?

177_ljs - UK.

shop-for_less - US.

happyyoyo118 - HAHAHAHA China. Not surprised!

miloclcl - Australia.

hokee88 - Canada.

kosmetiques_boutiques - US.

kosmetickorner - US.

melissakb16 - Ireland.

rain8918 - Seller in China, items in Hong Kong.

jewlz4ever - Canada. (Can someone confirm this, please? I see quite a few of these brushes on eBay...)

mocca588 - Australia.

Allgood88 - US.

super_seller_tw / super_seller1600 - Where else but Taiwannnn.

kenzie25
- Canada.

Just so you know JEWLZ4EVER is legit, I recently purchased a shadestick from her and although I mistakenly thought it was a full size it was the smaller size but a real MAC product. I am not sure about the brushes although my friend recently purcahsed these similar brushes from the CCO in Buffalo for around that price maybe a bit cheaper but they are not full size brushes JEWLZ4EVER is selling they are the miniture holiday set ones. I think shes' a good seller. Just my opinion though.

rockin

I'd just like to say hi to julie150463 - glad you found your way here
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif

I was originally directed here by wolfsong when I inadvertently bought some fake pigment on ebay, having no prior knowledge of MAC. I have learned a lot from these lovely ladies, and I'm sure you'll find them extremely helpful, too.

If you have any doubts at all about any MAC product, just ask

I hope you get your refund from your supplier, by the way. If they are based in the UK, maybe you could report them to Trading Standards and/or MAC, who would be very interested in any information you have.

Your response to my email shows you to be a very genuine seller, who cares about more than just profit, and for that I applaud you
choochoo.gif

julie150463

Thankyou
I will probably drive you all mad now with endless photos and queries.
I am in the UK but my ex supplier is based the the USA - would reporting them to MAC be the best option? I really don't think I'll see my money again but if nothing else it has taught me a very expensive lesson!
Thanks for being so friendly - I did think at one point I was going to get lynched
winks.gif

Cheers
Julie

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Thankyou
I will probably drive you all mad now with endless photos and queries.
I am in the UK but my ex supplier is based the the USA - would reporting them to MAC be the best option? I really don't think I'll see my money again but if nothing else it has taught me a very expensive lesson!
Thanks for being so friendly - I did think at one point I was going to get lynched
winks.gif

Cheers
Julie

Welcome to Specktra, Julie!
greengrin.gif

We would love to see pictures and queries, to be honest. I want to see how updated their fakes are.

First thing you HAVE to know, MAC does NOT do wholesale for onward resale. Your ex supplier is a liar and supporter of counterfeit MAC since counterfeit suppliers are known for their dishonesty as well as greed for more $$. Reporting them to MAC would be good but I doubt MAC would do anything about it since they don't really care about eBayers who unknowingly bought fake MAC from eBay. Still though, report the supplier(s) to MAC since they're not selling it on eBay. Any chance of letting us know who the supplier(s) are?

I do hope you get your money back, hun! Getting ripped off is not a good feeling.

If all else fails, I'll wait for Karma to kick their butts.

julie150463

Quote:
Welcome to Specktra, Julie!
greengrin.gif

We would love to see pictures and queries, to be honest. I want to see how updated their fakes are.

First thing you HAVE to know, MAC does NOT do wholesale for onward resale. Your ex supplier is a liar and supporter of counterfeit MAC since counterfeit suppliers are known for their dishonesty as well as greed for more $$. Reporting them to MAC would be good but I doubt MAC would do anything about it since they don't really care about eBayers who unknowingly bought fake MAC from eBay. Still though, report the supplier(s) to MAC since they're not selling it on eBay. Any chance of letting us know who the supplier(s) are?

I do hope you get your money back, hun! Getting ripped off is not a good feeling.

If all else fails, I'll wait for Karma to kick their butts.

Thanks for that - I must be totally naive
th_confused_new.gif
- this is definitely an eye opener. If MAC don't do wholesale for resale - how do sellers get their hands on such large quantities of genuine MAC? I will name & shame once I've got my money (forever the eternal optomist) - this is a public forum and you never know who is reading . I have had good experiences with Cosmeticland0 and Pampered Princess who sell on ebay. The one I've had trouble with sells on Ebay ocassionally too but I've only ever really seen Too Faced listed.

I never thought selling cosmetics would ever be so complicated!

Cheers
Julie

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Thanks for that - I must be totally naive
th_confused_new.gif
- this is definitely an eye opener. If MAC don't do wholesale for resale - how do sellers get their hands on such large quantities of genuine MAC? I will name & shame once I've got my money (forever the eternal optomist) - this is a public forum and you never know who is reading . I have had good experiences with Cosmeticland0 and Pampered Princess who sell on ebay. The one I've had trouble with sells on Ebay ocassionally too but I've only ever really seen Too Faced listed.

I never thought selling cosmetics would ever be so complicated!

Cheers
Julie

Don't worry, quite a lot of us here didn't know about fake MAC (and other cosmetic brands) until Specktra.

I reckon how some people get their hands on genuine MAC would be either stolen goods or some has the Pro card which they can use to buy and then sell at original prices or slightly less. That's the common 2 ways I guess. I have MAs who works for MAC telling me that sometimes they have a box or more new MAC items stolen when they're suppose be sent to the respective counters for sale.

Yea, selling cosmetics is complicated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.