eBay Sellers/Fakers to AVOID

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfsong

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl
Me either...she has another one up cal jet black, lol. she has a very little feedbacks and many are negative, I dont see how these fakes sellers get away with this.

Unless they were working names, it sounds like fake glitters IMO (besides, the MAC logo looks too high up on the jar). They could have had/bought/been given those old style boxes. Its not proof of authenticity for the box to be real unfortunately.

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong
Unless they were working names, it sounds like fake glitters IMO (besides, the MAC logo looks too high up on the jar). They could have had/bought/been given those old style boxes. Its not proof of authenticity for the box to be real unfortunately.

What are working names, I've never heard of that term before? Learn something new everyday...Have you ever heard of that color or jet black?

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong

I did some checking and both of those colors are old glitters. Her feedback score is so low because she only has around 10-15 feedbacks with 1 bad and the rest of them are pretty good. It seems like this seller can be a good seller or not....i guess just wait and see...

wolfsong

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl
What are working names, I've never heard of that term before? Learn something new everyday...Have you ever heard of that color or jet black?

Working names are names given to items in production before they are mass manufactured for the public/customer. They are used on samples that are given to (as far as I know) important employees, and important figures in the media industry (magazine publications etc). These names, and even aspects of the product - i.e. difference in finish, colour, casing etc – can often change before the public purchase them (or they can be cut from the production line altogether).

To summarise:
All makeup products are made in small batches – called ‘samples’ - prior to mass production for the consumer. These samples have a shade/product name called the working name, which can either be the name it keeps, or changed before it reaches the stores. Samples crop up on eBay every now and again, but sometimes sellers with counterfeit items label their product a ‘sample item’ to con the potential buyers (who often will pay quite a bit for these sample items as they may be extremely rare, or of sold out LE collections).

I love specktra
love.gif

1165Cheryl

That makes a lot of sence...it's a good way to test a product before selling it to the public which explains why I found some on other sites besides ebay...

discopie

happy new year all!

i just received an item from sjukes67 and it has clearly been tested and the case is all scratched up as if it were in somebody's makeup drawer for a long time. disappointing, but i guess that's a risk inherent to ebay.

anyway... just spreading the word... don't buy from sjukes67
thmbdn.gif

wolfsong

1165Cheryl

Like you it saddens me to see people throw away their money. The bidders only have a few transactions on ebay and with the sellers bad feedback score you'd think that auction wouldnt sell. There isnt any information on it nor who the wholesale company is. It's all getting out of hand..you'd think these would be the people that would be kicked off instead of all the good sample and full jars sellers that were told they couldnt sell anymore last year. Does his happen to this extreme to other high end makeup lines besides MAC?

X_SiN_X

I'm really interested to hear what they have to say wolfsong. I was disturbed to see these disgusting pigments, even more so when I saw there was a bid on one of the big lots.
I was going to report this seller Cheryl, but there just doesnt seem to be a point anymore. Ebay does nothing. This does happen with other items, I know it happens with lancome juicy tubes. I bought a bunch of them off ebay and was quite happy with them, until I bought one from David Jones and compared the difference. *sigh* I really love eBay but this is just ridiculous. they should rename it eScam
ssad.gif

X_SiN_X

So I just contacted ebay via live help to inform them about the seller that has the 100 packs of mac pigs and eyeshadows... WOW
I was told that there is nothing they can do unless MAC contacts them directly, I told them everything I have read here... That MAC never sells wholesale, I told them of the grave safety risks concerning fake cosmetics and all they could say was... AND I QUOTE
"we reccomend sellers exercise their buyers beware rights (WTF) and if a buyer has bad instincts about a product not to purchase"

What the F*CK?!? I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

I'm gobsmacked!
girl_devil.gif

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_SiN_X
AND I QUOTE
"we reccomend sellers exercise their buyers beware rights (WTF) and if a buyer has bad instincts about a product not to purchase"

What the F*CK?!? I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

I'm gobsmacked!
girl_devil.gif

It's SHIT, isn't it?? That eBay treats people who are concerned that way! You have told them about the dangers and the risks of those counterfeits YET they let those EFFING losers sell their counterfeit crap. We should just boycott or sue eBay for letting counterfeiters sell their fake crap!!

Better yet, get dizzygal's sis to report them!!!!

Opalmoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
Caught another fake brushes seller: shjasmine07

Claims that all her brushes are authentic. :/

I noticed that too, since when is 188 supposed to look like this (it doesn't even look like 190 foundation brush either):
AUTH BRAND NEW MAC MAKE-UP 188 large foundation brush - eBay (item 310012031864 end time Jan-06-08 21:41:34 PST)

And there are plenty of other fakes too (Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Nars), all claimed to be authentic (else AUTH is acronym for something else for this seller)
nonono.gif
. Only one neutral feedback so far.

X_SiN_X

Ok so I have been looking on ebay again and the ass the is selling the fake MAC packs is also selling brush sets now, and versace, and quicksilver. genuine versace wallets for $40 what a steal, doesnt look suspicious at all lol. I have gone ahead and reported all of their items and just thought i'd jot down the item numbers here incase anyone else wanted to report them as well. all you need to do is click on This Link and then copy and paste the items numbers below exactly as they are.

200189529373,200188432599,200188098798,20018844316 6,200188441664,200188441564,200188441516,200187626 756,200187617567,200187128656,200187128033

That's 10 items they are selling and I figure if everyone reports them, ebay will have no choice but to remove their listings. Maybe...
I would just be SO pissed if I lost $500 to fake items and would like to help stop it if I could. anyways. I'd really sleep better tonight knowing you guys reported the items as well.
yes.gif

discopie

arg here's another person selling fake MAC: korkoypon

good news is... it looks like there's someone named beanandchloe who set up an account specifically to negative feedback on fake MAC sellers, eBay My World - beanandchloe ... good her her/him

X_SiN_X

Nice! We definitely need more people like this! Although one can only make so many fake accounts unfortunately lol!
Well some wonderful news is that I don't see exportspirit selling anything else on ebay
yahoo.gif
Hopefully he/she is gone for good
smiles.gif

Been working hard all day today so I'm gonna go and relax and do some ebaying i think
th_DANCE.gif

Hope everyone had/has a great day
smiles.gif

Seary_Fairy

Hiya ladies and gents,

I am just wondering about this Aussie seller: user name is chrishhane12 and here is his ebaystore.

I see he has some cheap pans and reasonable prices on pots even. I thought I should ask the experts before I land myself in trouble. Also, is there such a thing a fake PANS?

Cheers, TIA!
smiles.gif

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seary_Fairy
Hiya ladies and gents,

I am just wondering about this Aussie seller: user name is chrishhane12 and here is his ebaystore.

I see he has some cheap pans and reasonable prices on pots even. I thought I should ask the experts before I land myself in trouble. Also, is there such a thing a fake PANS?

Cheers, TIA!
smiles.gif

Never bought from him before. I guess he's OK but the fact that he uses other people's listing pictures as his own just makes me refrain from buying from him. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.