eBay Sellers/Fakers to AVOID

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_mint2
just wondering how about this seller pixie_cup? is she selling authentic or fake brushes? thanks

MAC Brush Set - 5 Brushes -Matte Platnium/ Grey Handles - eBay (item 200202528804 end time Feb-26-08 10:17:36 PST)

Don't quote me on this, but I think it's fake. A 190 brush is NOT a contour brush, it's a foundation brush. But the seller might have just mislabeled it.

I'm not too great at telling if brushes are counterfeit or not, but that's my take on it, get a few more opinions first.

1165Cheryl

Well I just found 2 other fakes sellers, they might already have been listed here. One I have reported, the other I bought a full jar cause the price was good and I wanted to make sure her's are fake. Well the pigment is fake but the glitter was o.k, here is her name suem427 . I usually try and spend more time catching fake sellers but have been so busy latley so it's nice having a little time to do it here and there.

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl
Well I just found 2 other fakes sellers, they might already have been listed here. One I have reported, the other I bought a full jar cause the price was good and I wanted to make sure her's are fake. Well the pigment is fake but the glitter was o.k, here is her name suem427 . I usually try and spend more time catching fake sellers but have been so busy latley so it's nice having a little time to do it here and there.

A quick follow up, she's refunding my money and sending the jar to her wholesaler. I checked her feedback and it is good. I also placed 1 order with her awhile back and that one (a glitter) was authentic. Maybe she didnt know or she did but I'd hate to give her the title of a "fake" seller if she's being honest...

1165Cheryl

After talking with the seller I mentioned yesterday she's not a bad seller, just new to the business. she's going to start sending me some of her full jars so I can check to make sure they are the real thing. 2 out of 3 jars I have gotten from her in the past were Authentic MAC so I dont want to put a label on her when she seems like a very kind and decent person. I'll keep you all posted
smiles.gif

Labonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl
After talking with the seller I mentioned yesterday she's not a bad seller, just new to the business. she's going to start sending me some of her full jars so I can check to make sure they are the real thing. 2 out of 3 jars I have gotten from her in the past were Authentic MAC so I dont want to put a label on her when she seems like a very kind and decent person. I'll keep you all posted
smiles.gif

I bought 2 glitters from her and they are authentic
thmbup.gif

rockin

I have ASQ'd her to advise her that it is fake, and advise withdrawal from sale, as the fact that she has actually shown all those pictures suggests to me that maybe she is unaware

rockin

The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale.

Either she's acted on my email, or she's had a complaint from someone else

rockin

She's emailed to thank me and said she would withdraw it immediately. Seems she is probably a good seller after all
smiles.gif

Would I be correct in thinking this is also fake? MAC Pigment - full size - Basic Red - BNIB on eBay, also, Eye Shadow, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 06-Mar-08 21:00:56 GMT)

If so, then they are also now putting the code numbers on the label with the name. It appears to have a translucent label, and the inside of the plastic insert looks wrong to me, along with the clarity of the writing on the inside of the jar

tigerli17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin
She's emailed to thank me and said she would withdraw it immediately. Seems she is probably a good seller after all
smiles.gif

Would I be correct in thinking this is also fake? MAC Pigment - full size - Basic Red - BNIB on eBay, also, Eye Shadow, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 06-Mar-08 21:00:56 GMT)

If so, then they are also now putting the code numbers on the label with the name. It appears to have a translucent label, and the inside of the plastic insert looks wrong to me, along with the clarity of the writing on the inside of the jar

Its a good thing I looked on here today! I saw that last night and wondered if it was fake or not and was watching it. Also I think sinful_sexy23
s.gif
is selling fakes. Her feedback doesn't look good - full of MAC eyeshadows with "applicators and mirrors". BEWARE!

Sorry if someones already spotted her and said before and I've not noticed...
wondering.gif

rockin

Their current eyeshadow listings don't mention mirrors or brushes, but they certainly appear to be fake. The catches on them are clearly wrong, and it says POEDS instead of POIDS on the front of the box.

tigerli17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin
Reported, even though I doubt ebay will do anything about it!

Excellent. They did look rather iffy the way the light was falling on the rim looked like outy rather than the normal inny rim to me...if that makes sense...but couldn't be sure. Seller is definatly dodgey though.

The amount of times I've bought on ebay and i've only been scammed once as far as I can tell so I count myself lucky! I was quite naive till I read how to spot fakes, I'm seeing them everywhere now! Good on ya for reporting them!

rockin

I am pleased to be able to report that julie150463 is a responsible seller
smiles.gif
Following on from her earlier immediate withdrawal of her deep blue green pigment when I advised her it was fake, she has now sent me this email

Hi there
Just wanted to thankyou for emailing me this morning concerning one of my pigments. You have done me a great service - on closer inspection it appeared that 89 - yes 89 - of my pigments from one particular wholesaler were decidedly suspect. After a couple of heated emails - they have agreed to take them back and refund me - how long that takes is another matter but at least my conscience is clear.
Thankyou for taking the time to inform me of your suspicions - it is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.