eBay Sellers/Fakers to AVOID

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlitterLids

Add ss111131 to the list of counterfiet sellers--She sold me a number of fakes: revved Up, French Violet, Apricot Pink, Naval Blue and Your Ladyship (@$31.99). I made the mistake of leaving positive feedback because I didn't learn about fake pigments until after I made these purchases. i contacted her after the fact and she SWORE up and down that she gets her items from CCOs and had her "Mac lady" check them out. They are 100% FAKE. I wasted about $100 but it's not worth the risk of putting unknown junk on my eyes.

softlysparkling

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterLids
Add ss111131 to the list of counterfiet sellers--She sold me a number of fakes: revved Up, French Violet, Apricot Pink, Naval Blue and Your Ladyship (@$31.99). I made the mistake of leaving positive feedback because I didn't learn about fake pigments until after I made these purchases. i contacted her after the fact and she SWORE up and down that she gets her items from CCOs and had her "Mac lady" check them out. They are 100% FAKE. I wasted about $100 but it's not worth the risk of putting unknown junk on my eyes.

How do you know the pigments you purchased from this seller are 100% FAKE? He/she might be telling the truth about getting the items from CCOs.

GlitterLids

Quote:
Originally Posted by softlysparkling
How do you know the pigments you purchased from this seller are 100% FAKE? He/she might be telling the truth about getting the items from CCOs.

Is that you, Heidi? Want to give my my money back?
angry.gif

After hours of research, goign to 2 MAc stores locally, I kow 100% these are fake. The colors are off and the jars have telltale signs of fake MAC--real MAc pigment jars are manufactured a certain way and the good fakes now copy 95% of the detail BUT for one. I researched here and spoke to the regional mgr at my local MAC (she wa sin for their Hello kitty event)...and she confirmed it--Now, some MUA's workign there didn't evenr ealize but the manager knew. So I know 100%. I ahve 60+ pigments--I analyzed EACH jar and pulled the ones I suspected as fake--and sure enough, all of them had this oddity in the jar.... it was unacnny--some had shiney lids, some had good looking fonts...but they ALL had the bad jar detail. then other things became evident--the labels are odd--I compared my real Macpro.com-purchased pigments...the labels are consistent--and the Naval Blue and French Violet I got from her are clearly off...once I had the fakes isolated my eyes sharpened and I could see the oddities--they tend to be a little different between pro and reg pigments but consistent between the two buckets. Maybe she believes they are real--if you tell yourself somehting enough times you can believe it. heck, I wanted to believe it--more than anything. But I won't jeopardize my eyes for the same of $100, as painful as wasting that money is.

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
angry.gif

After hours of research, goign to 2 MAc stores locally, I kow 100% these are fake. The colors are off and the jars have telltale signs of fake MAC--real MAc pigment jars are manufactured a certain way and the good fakes now copy 95% of the detail BUT for one. I researched here and spoke to the regional mgr at my local MAC (she wa sin for their Hello kitty event)...and she confirmed it--Now, some MUA's workign there didn't evenr ealize but the manager knew. So I know 100%. I ahve 60+ pigments--I analyzed EACH jar and pulled the ones I suspected as fake--and sure enough, all of them had this oddity in the jar.... it was unacnny--some had shiney lids, some had good looking fonts...but they ALL had the bad jar detail. then other things became evident--the labels are odd--I compared my real Macpro.com-purchased pigments...the labels are consistent--and the Naval Blue and French Violet I got from her are clearly off...once I had the fakes isolated my eyes sharpened and I could see the oddities--they tend to be a little different between pro and reg pigments but consistent between the two buckets. Maybe she believes they are real--if you tell yourself somehting enough times you can believe it. heck, I wanted to believe it--more than anything. But I won't jeopardize my eyes for the same of $100, as painful as wasting that money is.

Oh dear !! I get this feeling...
angry.gif
in fact i was chatting about this possibility the other evening.. to my sis ,that "SOME"sellers of these fake MAC,come and register on here for the SOLE purpose of JUSTIFIYING selling these counterfeits and telling more porkies about whereabouts of these fakes!Not saying that ALL do but some...

I have seen recently on eBay UK,rise in Mac auctions,with these absurd statements such as"I worked for MAC and now im selling my collection of 57, *fake pigments!!!
or "these Mac pigments,were bought in US,from MAC store,they have no names,just NUMBERS only "
Nuff said

GlitterLids

Thanks, bellaItalia. I thought I was being paranoid...and where is this new member now???? Funny how "she" didn't repsond after I gave her the answer. I wish i had wised up sooner--I left positive feedback already...or else I'd go after my money. I wa ssitting at work today thinking of how many hours I had to work to pay for those pigments.........ARRRRG

softlysparkling

Quote:
angry.gif

Thanks for replying. Why not say all this originally? I'm disgusted how some of the people posting comments on here label a seller as selling counterfeit items without giving so much as a minor explanation on how they came about their conclusion. I think that an explanation should ALWAYS be given to back up an accusation of fake as this is a VERY serious allegation about someone's reputation.

I'm not the seller and I think it's hilarious that some of you think I am - geesh, exactly how paranoid are some of you people!

It's also interesting to note that you purchase pigment samples - no packaging there to dissect into miniscule detail is there and yet you trust these sellers without question. Hmmm, interesting concept!

panda0410

Quote:
Thanks for replying. Why not say all this originally? I'm disgusted how some of the people posting comments on here label a seller as selling counterfeit items without giving so much as a minor explanation on how they came about their conclusion. I think that an explanation should ALWAYS be given to back up an accusation of fake as this is a VERY serious allegation about someone's reputation.

I'm not the seller and I think it's hilarious that some of you think I am - geesh, exactly how paranoid are some of you people!

It's also interesting to note that you purchase pigment samples - no packaging there to dissect into miniscule detail is there and yet you trust these sellers without question. Hmmm, interesting concept!

Just because the explanation hasnt been posted HERE doesnt mean it hasnt been given, interesting that you should assume that it has. Nobody is obligated to post anything here actually... and nobody can compel them to either. Besides which everyone is entitled to an opinion, and just as entitled to express it on this forum.... or not
winks.gif

Additionally, if you read the post carefully you will see that confirmation was given directly from a MAC manager after suspicions were flagged - are you going to argue authenticity with MAC manager level employees?

I have to agree re sample sellers - most dont provide packaging with the samples... but that kind of defeats the purpose of "sampling" the pigments, you can hardly "sample" the packaging. For the most part the sellers here have gone out of their way to prove authenticity of their products and are proud of that - they CAN prove their items are authentic, and thats the key
winks.gif

GlitterLids

Quote:

It's not paranoia--there have been several instances on the forums that i have read when i was researching the issue where ebay sellers have come on/joined to reply to a post. Also, I do not buy sample pigments, so not sure why you're brining that up in the context of my posts. This IS serious. For those of us who don't have pro cards, ebay is our only source for macpro colors or older shades we may have missed. Obviously, this is a board dedicated to people who love MAC and collect it, so people are going to try to find honest ways to get colors they don't normally have access to. I always paid top-dollar for my fakes on ebay--so it's not like I was trolling looking for those ridiculous "54 pigments for $25" deals. When you lose serious money and have been using God-knows-what powder on your eyes because a seller duped you, emotions do run high.

User38

Quote:

I am so sorry you had this experience -- I sometimes get LE items from Ebay and it sucks to get these nasty sellers. How did you pay? If you paid via Paypal, you can return the items even if she says no -- just report that the seller sold you "fake" or items which were materially different from what she stated... this reported to Ebay and Paypal (which are the same thing) should bring some action. Since you already left positive feedback, they might deny it, but it might be worth the try. Don't leave feedback until you have received merchandise and have thoroughly checked it
ssad.gif

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Just because the explanation hasnt been posted HERE doesnt mean it hasnt been given, interesting that you should assume that it has. Nobody is obligated to post anything here actually... and nobody can compel them to either. Besides which everyone is entitled to an opinion, and just as entitled to express it on this forum.... or not
winks.gif

Additionally, if you read the post carefully you will see that confirmation was given directly from a MAC manager after suspicions were flagged - are you going to argue authenticity with MAC manager level employees?

I have to agree re sample sellers - most dont provide packaging with the samples... but that kind of defeats the purpose of "sampling" the pigments, you can hardly "sample" the packaging. For the most part the sellers here have gone out of their way to prove authenticity of their products and are proud of that - they CAN prove their items are authentic, and thats the key
winks.gif

growls:p

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Thanks, bellaItalia. I thought I was being paranoid...and where is this new member now???? Funny how "she" didn't repsond after I gave her the answer. I wish i had wised up sooner--I left positive feedback already...or else I'd go after my money. I wa ssitting at work today thinking of how many hours I had to work to pay for those pigments.........ARRRRG

Hey
winks.gif
I feel for you i have lost some money to on fake Mac ...but lesson well learnt!These sellers of fakes always outnumber genuine sellers of Mac!!
While we at it add this seller again...
mum_zhang2008
s.gif
her fake Mac liquid eyeliner was cancelled by eBay,some few weeks ago :260349067201 and now she has listed again same fake crap as well as some fake Mac eyeshadows :12 M.A.C liquid eyeliner on eBay, also, Health Beauty, Wholesale Job Lots (end time 27-Mar-09 14:59:25 GMT)
As you can see all her Mac pencils,Lancome juicy tubes and Smashbox is faked too!
233241431_tp.jpg

12 MAC eyeshadow 12 colors on eBay, also, Health Beauty, Wholesale Job Lots (end time 25-Feb-09 15:59:43 GMT)
12 MAC eyeshadows for £14.99 ???!!!
Mac fibre Rich Mascara £20 for 12 fakes
ssad.gif

84814996_tp.jpg

Can someone enlighten me...please if an auction has been reported and has been removed by eBay,previously how can this seller list these fakes again???
Anyway reported again
yes.gif

speedygirl247

For people who are unfortunate to get a fake from ebay uk, even after you have left positive feedback - you can still send the stuff back. The distance selling regulations apply to every buy it now listing. Sellers have to take returns for 14 days, no question, no jusitification required. Even cosmetics! there are lots of sellers who say that items cannot be returned for hygiene purposes etc, but this type of statement is outside of the rules. I dont know if distance selling regulations are in place in the US, but its worth investigating. I hope this helps.

sweets4

I am living in the UK and I am looking for someone that has most of the STARFLASH collection. I am even considering getting them from the states and paying a bit more in shipping, does anyone know any trusted ebayers with this collection?
also does anyone know of 1000beautycounter?
thanks ya'll

panda0410

Try these lovely ladies in the UK ~ charleyandemily and julie150463 ~ both are members of this forum and I couldnt recommend either one of them highly enough! We all love these ladies here
winks.gif
hehehe

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Try these lovely ladies in the UK ~ charleyandemily and julie150463 ~ both are members of this forum and I couldnt recommend either one of them highly enough! We all love these ladies here
winks.gif
hehehe

I agree with Panda
th_worship.gif
it was Julie150463,who has recommended this website to me ....after i emailed her when i wanted some advice on how to proceed with seller of counterfeited Mac zoom lash mascara...
Julie ,was very genereous with her time and very knowledgeable ..sweets Iam sure that I recommended that you email Julie ,either via eBay or here with regards to any Mac products?Sorry i deleted all my messages in here so i can't recall if it was you
th_DANCE.gif

sweets4

Hi bella,
yes you emailed me
and I had her on my list from before, so thank you for that, but sadly she doesnt have any of the starflash colours I want, infact she only has two left
ssad.gif

cheers yall
but if anyone knows about 1000beautycounter let me know
yes.gif

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIC MAC
ddaf_1.JPG

Dosent these look real......I'm sure the lashes are fake...and this is sold by a UK seller!!!

ragina_falange

I'm never going to buy any MAC of Ebay - and what really irritates me, is that everytime I try to report an item......I can't.....aaarrghhh

Thanks for this above post
yes.gif
i think i have mentioned in one of my previous posts that Mac Heatherette collection,never included mascara !So yes you are right these are fake and as for the eyeshadows arghh ...genuine Mac eyeshadows do not come with "mirror and applicator!

nendaria

If you have bought on ebay and paid with paypal, you have 45 days from the date of payment to file a claim. You can do this via the resolution center link in your paypal account. You file then turn around and escalate. A few things happen, the seller has the funds put on hold for a pending decision and future refund if found in the seller's favor. Even with leaving feedback that doesnt influence the paypal decision, this is where paypal works separate from ebay. So be sure to file if you just purchased, once filed and escalated, the seller needs to deal with paypal, you dont need to submit anything else to the seller.

Hope this helps out anyone purchasing on ebay and using paypal with a credit card back up.

D.

bestbehaviour22

Quote:
winks.gif
hehehe

Hi,
I am totally new here - Julie150463 recommended it top me since I am buying stuff from her - but I am looking so much forward to becoming even more addicted to MAC and "meeting" others like me
dothewave.gif

And also - like I said - I just bought from both Julie and charleyandemily so very happy to see your comment. And looking forward to the goodies
th_DANCE.gif

So thanks :)

By the way I am from Denmark - happy to "meet" you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.