eBay Sellers/Fakers to AVOID

Status
Not open for further replies.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklocke
No, I read something about that. I just compared all my pots, pans and boxes to the pictures that Xqueeze_me posted in the thread about spotting counterfeits, and I'm 99.8% sure now that my e/s are in fact authentic. I'll keep myself updated on how to spot the differences for future reference.
smiles.gif
Thanks!

The fake e/s are long updated since Xqueeze_me posted (sorry hun!) and they are much much better then previous guidelines show. I have two fake newly minted that even almost fooled me - later confirmed both fakes so be careful!

darklocke

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
The fake e/s are long updated since Xqueeze_me posted (sorry hun!) and they are much much better then previous guidelines show. I have two fake newly minted that even almost fooled me - later confirmed both fakes so be careful!

Do you have links to newer guidelines? Or even tips on what to look for, to determine whether or not my e/s are fakes? How did you confirm that yours were fakes?

Xqueeze_me

Quote:

That's ok!
smiles.gif
I have added that little info in bold to the Eyeshadow guide saying that there are better fakes out there now.. with smooth eyeshadow pans, I would reckon!
ssad.gif

syrene78

Quote:
Originally Posted by splattergirl
great, please do take photos when you can. what about her glosses and those screwtop shadows? I bought few screwtops, the packaging seems same like I saw somewhere on specktra for these, different than ordinary shadows which you can buy today. I didn't buy any ordinary shadows I think so I don't know about them. does anyone fake mac glosses anyway??

BTW: why did you leave Anndanae positive FB is she sells fakes, I mean, why do you leave positive without checking items first? shouldn't you write a comment warning people she sold fakes although you got a refund so others don't have to pass through it as well?

Some of the fakes depotted e/s that I got:

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...s/DSC00074.jpg
Fake from Anadae.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...s/DSC00073.jpg
Fakes from mrfixit714

Sorry, my camera doesn't work well right now.
I hope that this helps!

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklocke
Do you have links to newer guidelines? Or even tips on what to look for, to determine whether or not my e/s are fakes? How did you confirm that yours were fakes?

I bought mine from MAC depotted it and them compared them - the ebay Newly Minted were fakes no question about it. They were very good copies though there were differences in the pot, different texture, different colour, crappy moulding... etc etc the list goes on.

There is/will be a link soon to a review of the new fake e/s with detailed compariosn photographs and info
winks.gif

syrene78

I forgot to mention that depotting the fake e/s was so much harder than the authentic ones! There was a ton more glue, the pot burnt (I use the candle depotting method) almost completely and pieces of the melted pot started falling everywhere. It was actually dangerous as it could have put something on fire, so people be careful!
The glue on the pan would not even come off completely or at all with the goo gone.
It was a big mess!

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrene78
I forgot to mention that depotting the fake e/s was so much harder than the authentic ones! There was a ton more glue, the pot burnt (I use the candle depotting method) almost completely and pieces of the melted pot started falling everywhere. It was actually dangerous as it could have put something on fire, so people be careful!
The glue on the pan would not even come off completely or at all with the goo gone.
It was a big mess!

Don't forget inhaling the poisonous fumes from the burning plastic and glue is extremely dangerous!
thmbdn.gif

NeonKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
Don't forget inhaling the poisonous fumes from the burning plastic and glue is extremely dangerous!
thmbdn.gif

Even worse is all the nasty chemicals unknowing buyers are putting on their faces every day. I mean, if they fake blood products and don't feel bad about it, you can bet that they aren't really too worried if its pressed cyanide you're getting instead of eyeshadow.
cry.gif

mrfixit714

nonono.gif
Quote:
Yep, don't pay and don't agree on the cancellation for the auctions that she will send you. That way she won't get her fees back. But too bad for her.
She won't be able to do anything against you. You can also report her as selling fakes and explain why to Ebay you are not paying for these after you heard about her reputation.
She is very rude, so don't bother answering her emails.
She did that to me and was still so nasty. Still never sent a refund for the fakes I got! She managed to have my negative canceled. Ebay is pretty bad at all the ways that you can still cancel a negative. I am very mad at them. They encourage fake to be sold that way!
Good luck!

nonono.gif
nonono.gif
nonono.gif
SYRENE78~SBERGER11-EBAY NAME IS A LIAR!!!!
Here is my proof...She claims she has been reporting me to Ebay for
5 mo. for fake items, but yet makes a purchase in the beginning of
March '09 & leaves positive feedback!! Hmmmmmmmmmm If you read
my feedback you will see my product is 100% authentic and syrene78
is the FAKE!

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
It was a big mess!

Thanks hun
winks.gif
i think such things should also be done once your kids (if you have any) are in bed or safely tucked away etc...anything to do with glue you must be very careful...my mate accidently rubbed her eye and glued her eyelashes together ,quick trip to A&E sorted the problem,but better be safe then sorry girls
yes.gif

Salsa91501

This seller: Peach1320
nonono.gif

Is obviously selling some fake LE Mac items LOOK!

260d_1.jpg
bidding at $44
FAKE BARBIE

847d_1.jpg
bidding at $21
FAKE HEATHERETTE

5ecb_1.jpg
bidding at $15

AND MORE FAKE HEATHERETTE!!!!

I see this crap all the time and it is so blatantly fake. SO ANNOYING!!!
angry.gif

And the bidding for the barbie blushes is at $44.00 it's ridiculous.
I guess you can only let people know who the fake sellers are and how to tell the difference between real and fake. After that it's nobody's fault but the buyer's because these fakes are so OBVIOUSLY FAKE especially if you are a MAC collector. The Heatherette collection didn't even have BLUSHES!!!!!!

I guess there is a sucker born every minute
th_loser.gif

darklocke

Quote:
I bought mine from MAC depotted it and them compared them - the ebay Newly Minted were fakes no question about it. They were very good copies though there were differences in the pot, different texture, different colour, crappy moulding... etc etc the list goes on.

I just received a package today containing 5 Pro Pan Refills in the colors: Newly Minted, Silly Goose, Intoxicate, Electric Eel and Paradisco. The first one, Newly Minted, stands out from the others as it lacks the "A00"-stamp on the bar code, has the number "A57"-stamp "pressed" into the label on the back of the pan (the others are stamped), and states that it's made in Italy - while the others are made in Canada.

I don't have another Newly Minted to compare it to, but I have other MAC Pro Pan Refills. Is there anything in particular I can look for in the texture, color, smell maybe?

To explain what I mean by "A00"-stamp, I've enclosed a link to yummiebitez blog where she has posted pictures of the very same number, explaining why it's there. So, when this number isn't printed on the bar code, is that a sign of the product being counterfeit?

Nightvamp

The seller:
gotfloss2b4e

I got a 5 piece lot of marine ultra pigment. There is text written on the SIDE of the boxes. Real mac never had this. It also had a thick jar base. Please be aware!

mrfixit714

nonono.gif
I've said it before and I'll say it again.....syrene78 is the only fake! Those
pots did not come from my shadows. How is it that out of 800 customers she is the only one who rec'v fake eye shadows. If she continues to slander
my name she will suffer the repercussions.
mrfixit714

Quote:
Some of the fakes depotted e/s that I got:

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...s/DSC00074.jpg
Fake from Anadae.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...s/DSC00073.jpg
Fakes from mrfixit714

Sorry, my camera doesn't work well right now.
I hope that this helps!

User27

I went to Macy's in Glen Burnie and my eyeshadows were legit as well as my Fluid-Line and Pop Mode Lipglass. I have an intact box with proper stickering A27 M9LT0B 7 73602 13732 9 on the bottom. Compact is labeled with matching non-dull letters for Naval MAC eyeshadow with proper REG. DESIGN MAKE-UP ART COSMETICS LTD. raised around the sticker on outer rim as well as HCT across from that. When disected, heating method, I found the number 2o spaced a little bit apart in between the 4 raised indentations. My pan is the exact same as my other Mac eyeshadows so can someone tell me what I'm missing here? I know my eyeshadow casings usually and need to find out why the seller I've bought from is on this list. I tried messaging the person who brought the seller up but Macy's is saying my stuff is authentic. What the heck is going on with this? Please if someone can tell me what to do, greatly appreciated. Be careful with Trust & Safety because they're not cancelling any of the auctions I'm flagging and my inbox is filled with "Thank You for Your Report (Community Watch) (KMM320248926V67443L0KM)
Thursday, April 9, 2009 but auctions are still continuing. Many thanks to
anyone who can help me with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.