Fake Brushes

avjwc

I log into ebay and message a few of bargainpad's buyers about the fake brushes. All the buyers are asking for refunds.

The problem is that NO ONE LEAVES NEGATIVE feedback for her so when a buyer sees her 99.3% rating they think her stuff must be legit.

bluflax

I agree and intend on leaving her negative once I receive my refund in full. However, I have noticed that she no longer is selling the brushes, so maybe ebay has come down on her for selling counterfeit items. We can only hope.

avjwc

She was still selling brushes two days ago! I'm glad she stopped. I think everyone was asking for refunds on the brush sets so she probably pulled all the brush auctions. Now I can target other sellers.

caffn8me

She has probably just stopped for the holidays or to set up a new eBay ID to sell brushes from. Folks like this rarely give up easily.

erinmosh

Since the brushes I bought from bargainpad were fake, my mom bought me 5 of the brushes from MAC for christmas. I still have bargainpad's brushes, so I'll take picture comparisons and post them in a few days.

mellz

Thank the goodness for this thread! I knew I wasn't crazy! BargainPad said the brushes were the older style of brush but you can look at them and tell they're OBVIOUSLY fake. Thanks guys

Maki

Re: Bargainpad brushes are FAKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by avjwc
I bought a 239 and a 168 from this seller. After reading this thread I compared those two brushes to the ones I know are authentic and see some difference. 1) The 239's black handle has bits of shinny specks compared to the matte black handle on the authentic brushes. 2) the rounded metal part on the fake isn't the same proportion as the authentic brushes. 3) The "V" between the "M" and the "A" on the MAC label on the handle is more rounded on the fakes compared to the authentic ones. and of course 4) the brushes did not come in the plastic packaging with bar code on it. The 168 from Bargainpad came with an additional clear plastic sleeve to protect the hairs.

Although the hairs on these brushes are very soft and comparable to real MAC brushes, I don't like being fooled by dishonest sellers. Help report fake MAC items by using this ebay form. http://cgi1.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...i rationDate=

In addition, I'm going to leave bargainpad NEGATIVE feedback, and I suggest anyone else here who has purchased from her to do the same. It's the only way other people interested in her auctions will realize the brushes she sells are fake.

Too bad I saw this site only after I have purchased a 239 from bargainpad already! This was my first MAC brush and so I was just happy knowing that it was MAC and looked like the one on websites and felt soft and great for application. I checked other threads as well for comparison - I appreciate the pictures on here! I went to a MAC counter today and closely inspected the brushes - the glitter on the black handle, the font JAPAN and the ferrule. I felt so
th_remoteImage-61.gif
. I contacted bargainpad thru ebay asking about the authenticity of the product that I received from them. I am waiting for their response - I wonder if they would respond (too bad I have already left them positive feedback!)!

I have two more MAC brushes coming soon from other sellers though, and I have messaged those 2 sellers a few minutes ago inquiring about the authenticity of what I'm getting. I'm excited to see them - they're 187 and the Catherine Deneuve kabuki brush - I pray that they are authentic!!! I'll be inspecting those closely upon receipt. By the way the sellers are mysticallilly26 and kenzie25. Mysticallilly26 has only 85 feedback so far - 97.something rating. I really hope....

bec

can everyone report 6371tierravista's brushes? I've been scammed.. they need to be shut down!

I see you can report both for fake items and also for claiming that the items are authentic.

caffn8me

Re: Bargainpad brushes are FAKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maki
I contacted bargainpad thru ebay asking about the authenticity of the product that I received from them. I am waiting for their response - I wonder if they would respond (too bad I have already left them positive feedback!)!

There's no point asking bargainpad whether the items are genuine or not. You need to tell the seller you have discovered that the item is counterfeit and demand a full refund including all postage costs.

Sellers of fake brushes won't admit to selling fakes when you ask them as it's a criminal offence to sell counterfeit items. In fact, lots of sellers specifically declare their fakes to be genuine in their listings. remember, you're dealing with dishonest people.

panda0410

The first set of brushes has no numbers at all and I have never seen an authentic MAC brush without its identifying number - ladies correct me if I am mistaken, dont know about the second set.

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
The first set of brushes has no numbers at all and I have never seen an authentic MAC brush without its identifying number - ladies correct me if I am mistaken, dont know about the second set.

Crimping on the ferrules does look dodgy in the first set.

I've bought some individual Bobbi Brown brushes from this seller too. *sighs*...

ruca_or_hina

just a heads up...
this seller is selling brushes again
i don't remember this l/e set or what would have been in it
it looks similar to the 7 peice brush set that xsqueeze me posted above, but includes a mascara wand
look here

not that i'm interested in buying them, BUT...

anyone have any idea if these are real?

thelilprincess

glad i checked this forum. i was checking out some of those sets - somone paid over $150 for a set!! i asked a couple of the sellers to post a picture of the case opened - but no one has responded.

i wanted a set - not for the brushes, but the roll....but now that i know their fake, no way.

thanks to the OP for posting this.

MACreation

Do any of the brushes say FRANCE on the handle? Is there even such thing as a 275 Shader brush? How do I go about handling received one of these as a swap? Thanks for any help!

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACreation
Do any of the brushes say FRANCE on the handle? Is there even such thing as a 275 Shader brush? How do I go about handling received one of these as a swap? Thanks for any help!

Yes there is, however many of the angled shader brushes were DC a while ago. Many authentic MAC brushes are made in France so dont worry too much if you see that, some are made in Japan as well
smiles.gif
I have a 279 angled shader that was both DC and made in France. The 275 is a real brush and is on MACs website, go to maccosmetics.com and click on brushes...eyes... and you will see it down the bottom
smiles.gif